Thread: Endo Appt.

j_jack34 is offline Junior Member

Endo Appt.

I have been on TRT for about a year. My general practitioner has been overseeing the trt up to this point. Today I went in for my appointment and he said he wants to send me to an endo. He asked if i used steroids because i have a good bit of muscle mass and said that most people with low test can't keep muscle. I told him that i had not used....which is not true. I don't think he needs to know that anyway to treat low test. I explained to him that I have increased muscle mass since starting trt. He now wants me to go to endo for more tests I guess. I am just wondering what kind of tests to expect from the endo, and I am scheduled to start a cycle tomorrow! I know you are never supposed to do blood work while on so....I guess I should wait? This is going to put me extremely behind schedule as my appt is June 11. Would appreciate it if someone can tell me what endo will check.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Endo will probably check the same things, free and total Test and Estradiol. I can tell you if you start the cycle and he does the blood Test your levels will be through the roof. The top of the range is around 900 ng/nl, I had a test done mid cycle once and mine was 4300 ng/nl The pathologist from the lab called my Dr and told him he thought I had a tumor because apparently high test production can be a result of that. Fortunately my Dr was well aware I was on and calmed the guy down.

j_jack34 is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the info....probly gonna try to put off appt. until after cycle. Planning on doing a show this summer and putting off cycle will screw that up. Again thanx for the info.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    j_jack34, your av is way to distracting. Even though White aint right it's still nice.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    sounds like your doc is washing his hands of you
    what was the appt. for?..to continue your therapy and write more RX for test?
    he asked if you used steroids ...what the hell did he think he was prescribing?
    Last edited by zaggahamma; 05-10-2008 at 10:22 PM.

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    think jpk is on it....your GP is handing off the script and any review to the endo....ahh what a country ....

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    sounds like your doc is washing his hands of you
    what was the appt. for?..to continue your therapy and write more RX for test?
    he asked if you used steroids...what the hell did he think he was prescribing?
    yup!

Thread Information