tm05z71 is offline New Member

Help Please?! Need a few answers on TRT & my situation

I am only 24 and on 7/17 looked went in to my first TRT appt. They drew blood to check my levels, pituitary gland and prostate. On 5/18/07 my levelswere EXTREMELY Low 156ng. on a scale of 241-847ng. and my Free Test was a 2.9 on a scale of 9.6-26.5. I had been off my cycle 8 months when I was tested last year. At the time my levels were tested last year I was going through a completely different problem dealing with pain meds and the DR. I was seeing in FL was a total Quack and didn't bother with helping with my test. levels, so I'm just now getting everything straight from that whole experience. Mentally my mind is back where it should be, but I'm physically not capable of putting forth the effort to work out, and my sex drive is not Near what it should be for someone my age. I checked into TRT for the first time last Wed. and was in by Friday. The thing is for the past month prior to that I used some out-of-date Androderm 5mg patches to try and start my own form of TRT, but I only had 15 of them so instead of one a day, I would use one for 2 days and then cut open and rub the gel on my arms (Sure that wasn't the Brightest thing), but I hear it takes 8wks. to get results from them. The thing is when I got my results on 7/20 my levels were at 460ng. It is kind of weird though that my levels went from 156ng. 13months ago and now they're up to 460ng. I'm not sure if the patches worked or not and I informed my Dr. during my visit. I'm still considered eligible since my levels are between 400 & 550. I get the resulsts from my Free Test back on Thur. I know I have a high metabolism, I can gain 10lbs in a week or lose it just as fast. If anyone else could shed some light on this subject it would be greatly appreciated!! Mainly if anyone thinks that 15 out-of-date, Androderm 5mg patches could raise my levels over a 30 day period. I know it says on the back that the patches actually have around 24.3mgs of test, but only about 5mg. make it into your body. Would me having cut the patch open and rubbed the gel on cause them to go up that quick??? Had I known I would be able to get into TRT that quick, I would’ve NEVER even touched the patches…
    Last edited by tm05z71; 07-23-2008 at 04:08 PM.

bd50 is offline Associate Member
    bro thats a looong story...

we can help answer your various questions but can u please list your ? like this:

Q-1
    Q-2
    Q-3

etc.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i dont think you need trt, what was your last cycle and pct. the reason your levels are rising imo is because your body is starting to rebound naturally

bd50,

My bad, I copied and pasted off an email. My main questions are:

- Would 15, Androderm 5mg. patches raise my levels over a 30 day period? I even excreted the gel from the patch afterwards and rubbed it on my arms like you would a cream. The patches are said to have 24.3mg. of Testosterone but I don't know if that would even make a difference.

- On 5/18/07, 8 months post cycle, my levels were 156ng. Total Test. & 2.9ng. Free Test. on Labcorp scale 241-827 Total, 9.2-26.5 Free. At the time of testing I was prescribed 30mg. of Hydrocodone a day over a 3yr. period for various reasons. I have read that having a lot of Opiates in your system will lower Test. Levels. Does anyone know this to be true??

- On 7/17/08 I was tested by the TRT Dr. having nothing in my system. This was 2wks. after using the last Androderm patch and I tested 460ng. Total Test. They sent my blood off to get my Free Test. levels since I fell between the 400-550ng. range, but if my Free Test levels come back 9ng. or above, I'm not elligible. I should get the results today. The thing is based on my results from last year, I got a shot that day, 200mg Cyp. and now if my Free Test. comes back below 9ng. I just got a shot for nothing.

- I'm 24, 5'10", 175lbs. and I should not even have to consider TRT, but I don't have the drive I should for my age. If anyone has an alternative idea, that's not a life-long decision, I'm open to any logical suggestions to get my levels back up.

Warchild

I stayed on my last cycle way too long and this was it from Start to Finish:

1st- 10cc B.D. Masteron 100, 100mg. every other day

2nd- 40cc B.D. Propinate 100, 100mg. every other day
    - 20cc B.D. Deca 200, 3/4c on Mon. & Fri.
    - 50mg. B.D. Winstol tablets, 1 a day

3rd- 30cc B.D. Andropen 275, 275mg. on Mon. & Fri.

4th- 20cc B.D. Propinate 100, 100mg. every other day

Finish- 1 HGH Jintropin kit, 2i.u. Mon.-Fri.

Post Cycle- Clomid and Nolvadex for 2 1/2 months.

My Free Test. results came back 7.2ng, with a Total Test of 460ng. Which means I qualify for TRT. I'll be able to get 200mg. Cyp. every 10 days. Again, I'm only 24 years old, 5'10", 175lbs. I really don't know if I want to make a life-long commitment if there is an alternative. I've read that Armidex will block the estrogen and in return my body will produce more testosterone . I'm supposed to go back in today for my follow up shot. Any Better alternatives would be greatly appreciated? Thanks anyways if not...

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    you should have done hcg , you shut down hard with that cycle b/c the length and the deca

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Your posts are confusing to me. You do know that all forms of test are suppressive. Just waiting two weeks after taking the gel/patches, your system won't be back to "normal". You would be just testing the levels created by the gel/patches.

Aggressive pct might be first step. Then test levels. If your levels and mood is still horrible then you might have to consider long term TRT as a reality.

Thread Information