Thread: Doc's Upset

Mikata is offline New Member

Doc's Upset

Started TRT about 1 1/2 yr ago doctor put me on 100mg of test Cyp every other week. In the last 6 months I did some adjustments to the dosage without consulting the doctor first. First change was 50mg every week, decided to up it to 100mg weekly and felt better (not as much ups and downs associated with the weekly injections). Went up to 150mgs weekly and felt great. Doctor found out and is a little upset. Apperantly the Pharmacy notified my doctor about the more frequent refills. Doctor wants me to call him tomorrow, I'm not sure how he's going to react. He's admitted to not knowing a whole lot about TRT and only has one other patient on it. In your experiences is 150mg of test cyp weekly an abnormally high dosage or is it within the normal dosages given. I haven't had my blood work done in a while but I'm sure he's going to want to do it now. I'm 46 yrs old and started with a Test level of 273, can't recall what my free test level was though.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    100mgs week is accepted as the minimum effective does. 200mgs week is common. Your body should be producing 70mgs week naturally if you are normal.

If you were on 100mgs every two weeks and suppressed your natural test then you were getting less than what is natural. I would get a new doc today.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    you were under dosed at 50mg, if he has a problem with 100 or 150 get a new doc but refill your script first

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Doctor knows best

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikata View Post
    Started TRT about 1 1/2 yr ago doctor put me on 100mg of test Cyp every other week. In the last 6 months I did some adjustments to the dosage without consulting the doctor first. First change was 50mg every week, decided to up it to 100mg weekly and felt better (not as much ups and downs associated with the weekly injections). Went up to 150mgs weekly and felt great. Doctor found out and is a little upset. Apperantly the Pharmacy notified my doctor about the more frequent refills. Doctor wants me to call him tomorrow, I'm not sure how he's going to react. He's admitted to not knowing a whole lot about TRT and only has one other patient on it. In your experiences is 150mg of test cyp weekly an abnormally high dosage or is it within the normal dosages given. I haven't had my blood work done in a while but I'm sure he's going to want to do it now. I'm 46 yrs old and started with a Test level of 273, can't recall what my free test level was though.
    just because you feel good, doesn t mecessarily mean it is good for you.

I d be honest with your doc. get a blood test, prolly you are one of those rare breeds who need more test than other. get a blood test done and then talk it over with your doc.

200mg a week is for 90% of the ppl too much. normally you dont need more than 75mg-125mg per week.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    you were under dosed at 50mg, if he has a problem with 100 or 150 get a new doc but refill your script first

exactly.. docs are a dime a dozen, and every major city has Male specific docs...

good luck
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx*** View Post
    just because you feel good, doesn t mecessarily mean it is good for you.

I d be honest with your doc. get a blood test, prolly you are one of those rare breeds who need more test than other. get a blood test done and then talk it over with your doc.

200mg a week is for 90% of the ppl too much. normally you dont need more than 75mg-125mg per week.
    Absolutely agree with all of this !!!

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    definately try to keep bloodwork monitored as often as possible but i dont like what the pharmacy did and i would not use them in the future...this is what i am afraid of.....i have had pharms doing the math on my dose (which is a small dose) but i never worried about changing it because i self medicate....and refills are generally refilled every month...so if the pharmacist is bored and start doing math they begin to wonder why do you need a refill when blah blah blah....well..same with pain meds...if i have 30 in a bottle and i only use 15 that month does that mean i cant refill the son of a biatchin ** the next month in case i need more the next month? The baseball and other sport contraversy has thrown a wrench into th TRT world....ok...end rant

keith1958 is offline Junior Member
    He is probably more upset changing doses and them calling him. They are watching these doctor whom prescribe test and he could get in trouble. i know it is bull but still a reality

Talked to the Doctors office this morning. Doc's stopped my perscription and wants to talk face to face next week. Going to get blood work and I guess I'll see what he decides to do then. He's making me feel like I am abusing steriods but that isn't the case, I don't think using 150 mgs of cyp is abuse. I know I was wrong about changing the dosage without dicussing it with him first but I am not abusing the drug.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I am in the same boat. He started me off at 200 once a month and I crashed hard after 2 weeks. I called his office twice with no return call so I put myself at 100 a week. I am just going to tell him what i did on my next blood test.
    I don't know how they can give us a bottle of test and think we won't get into it.

clinics stand to make mucho dinero now if this shiat keeps up

natureboy is offline Member
    My Dr didn't let me bring my meds home, I go to her office every 2nd week and she gives me a shot. I go in the morning before the office is open so I'm in an out under 10 mins. This helps with a lot of issues, not just abusing, I don't have to stress about giving myself an injection, disposal of used pin, did I inject it in the right place. I have givin myself injections before its not that big of a deal, but all I have to do is show up drop my pants and that's it. I'm on my way back home.

39+1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
    My Dr didn't let me bring my meds home, I go to her office every 2nd week and she gives me a shot. I go in the morning before the office is open so I'm in an out under 10 mins. This helps with a lot of issues, not just abusing, I don't have to stress about giving myself an injection, disposal of used pin, did I inject it in the right place. I have givin myself injections before its not that big of a deal, but all I have to do is show up drop my pants and that's it. I'm on my way back home.
    slip her some dick and see if that helps

slip her some dick and see if that helps

I think I will try that next time, but then I won't want to bring meds home, I will have two reasons to go in.

Coach 44 is offline Associate Member
    That doc works for you Mikata, not the other way around.

Went to the doctors a few days ago and let him know what I had done as far as adjusting the dosage. He wasn't upset like I thought he was going to be. he asked how I felt on the different dosages and was willing to work at finding the right dosage that works best with me. My Test levels were 762 (upper range 830). He going to keep me at 100 mgs of test cyp per week (up from 100 mgs every two weeks) and do another blood test in a few months. He wrote me another script and is going to continue letting me do the injections myself.

Went to the doctors a few days ago and let him know what I had done as far as adjusting the dosage. He wasn't upset like I thought he was going to be. he asked how I felt on the different dosages and was willing to work at finding the right dosage that works best with me. My Test levels were 762 (upper range 830). He going to keep me at 100 mgs of test cyp per week (up from 100 mgs every two weeks) and do another blood test in a few months. He wrote me another script and is going to continue letting me do the injections myself.
    glad it worked out for best bro

That's great, atleast he didn't cut off. And gave you a better dose. So you come out on top. I think I would go to another pharm to do business from now on!

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad that it worked out for you and it states on the back page of the literature that comes with Test Cypionate "For replacement in the hypogonadal male, 50-400 mgs should be administered every two or four weeks." See attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Doc's Upset-test-cyp-lit.jpg  

Thanks, it ended up working out great. The only thing in my blood work that was high and outside the range was my hemocrit percentage, it was 54% (upper limit 50%). Doctor didn't seem to be to concerned with it, but from what i've read about it thats kinda high. Has anybody ran in to this problem while doing TRT and if so does anybody have any suggestions on how I can lower this.

What is it?

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Donate some blood every month or two, it'll help with that.
    It's excessive red blood cells.

Thanks, it ended up working out great. The only thing in my blood work that was high and outside the range was my hemocrit percentage, it was 54% (upper limit 50%). Doctor didn't seem to be to concerned with it, but from what i've read about it thats kinda high. Has anybody ran in to this problem while doing TRT and if so does anybody have any suggestions on how I can lower this.
    i do what iron said....yep...it happens with some on hrt...

donating blood is actually a very very healthy thing for a man to do...it helps get rid of extra iron as well

Its also a good thing to do for others as well!
    I'm donating blood next week.

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    I agree donating blood is a good thing!

Will they let you donate blood while receiving TRT ?

Will they let you donate blood while receiving TRT ?
    one of the questions on the questionnaire is "have your ever done steroids not prescribed by doctor" and you can say no to that one and leave it alone....
    when they ask about using needles.....the're gettin a little nosy and its meant for sharing needles so if you use a clean syringe/pin everytime then you can answer that one truthfully as well

Looks like I'll be donating blood more often now.

Looks like I'll be donating blood more often now.
    once again....very very theraputic....check the literature when you go or even google/search it

I know one question in particular asks about growth hormones. I was a little worried about the juice, I was gonna go in and just answer truthfully and see what they said. I even thought about asking if it would have any effect on upcoming bloodwork.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Worked out well for me too. I just talked to the doctor today. I have been on injections for a month and took 500 mgs instead of the 200 he told me to. I told him I crashed and took more and was good again and he said "Good". He really bumped me up.

Quote Originally Posted by THORSZ View Post
    Worked out well for me too. I just talked to the doctor today. I have been on injections for a month and took 500 mgs instead of the 200 he told me to. I told him I crashed and took more and was good again and he said "Good". He really bumped me up.
    bumped u up to what bro...is it a secret

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    bumped u up to what bro...is it a secret
    Funny, no secret
    Up to 200mgs a week. I won't do it all of course, but it gives me room to figure it out.

Dr_BruceBanner is offline Junior Member
    Congrats Mikata, Let us know how that dose works for you and if you're able to put on any good size and lose fat.

I just started on the androgel 5mg and then after 3 weeks the Doc upped it to 10mgs ED. I've noticed some good changes but hopefully it will be even better on the 10mgs daily.
    Last edited by Dr_BruceBanner; 08-29-2008 at 08:49 PM.

Thread Information