Cap'n Morgan is offline New Member

Do I need anti E

37 yo

Started TRT about a month ago, some may remember my first post. I am now on 200mg/ 2 weeks (still trying to get weekly injections). My nips feel a little puffy- called the nurse and the doc says that is normal. I asked for Arimidex but doc said no. I scheduled a visit for next week so i can convince him but we will see.

Does anyone have any MEDICAL references that suggest Arimidex or similar to go along with TRT? I have looked with no success. I have the "All Things Male" article that seems to be so common, but not sure if this will carry any weight.

Does anyone else do TRT without an anti estrogen?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    exemestane is another option too (aromasin ) you likely wont need one but good to have one ready just in case.

natureboy is offline Member
    I've been on trt around two months, still no AI. Had a little nip problem, but real minor. I am still going to URO this Thursday to try an get an AI. I do 100mg ew.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    my doc said that the use of arimidex is only understood with treating women's breast cancer and not typically prescribed for males....you've got to find a doc more in tune with hormones and anti aging research...its not easy to get meds that are out of these docs normal scope....prolly would have wrote you a script for xanax with a simple please

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I am not taking an AI, but hope ot speak to the doc about it on next blood test. A couple weeks ago my nips got itchy for a couple days. I wouldn't mind having something on hand just incase I need it. I don't want to have to by man bras or anything like that.

SWOLLL is offline Associate Member
    I have an article I don't know which computer it's on be Dr. Crissler I saved to take to my Dr.

I don't know Dr. Crissler or much about him but he seems to know his stuff. give me your email and I will find it and email it to you. I can post it in here but I believe its several pages long.

Here try this link for the articles
    http://www.allthingsmale.com/publications.html

There are a couple of decent articles on trt and hcg very long and detailed your Dr. should love it.

They are also all published medical papers so I hope they hold some credence for our Dr.s but who knows if they will pay any mind to it.

He also says he will consult with your Dr. via phone or email I am sure you would end up paying two Dr.s but thats what insurance for.

But to answer your question if your nipples are puffy and/or sensitive in my opinion you really need and Ai

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I went 200mgs week for about 8 months before I had e2 problems. AI fixed them quick.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    I went 200mgs week for about 8 months before I had e2 problems. AI fixed them quick.
    dont lie thats you in your avy

T_man87 is offline Junior Member
    One could also get Arimidex from a research company (like the one right here on S.com). It is an option if your doc won't help right now. Another option is to use an over the counter product like 6-oxo or Noxedex-xt. Both will help with estro problems and can be bought at most supp stores.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T_man87 View Post
    One could also get Arimidex from a research company (like the one right here on S.com). It is an option if your doc won't help right now. Another option is to use an over the counter product like 6-oxo or Noxedex-xt. Both will help with estro problems and can be bought at most supp stores.
    IMHO all sups are suspect. I would order the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    IMHO all sups are suspect. I would order the real deal.

6-oxo and ATD's do work. As well as Adex or Aromasin ?? Probably not, but they definitely do work.

Isn't liquidex similar to arimidex ? I know its much cheaper I have used liquidex during cycle seemed to do the job.

I would prefer to get arimidex from the doc though

Quote Originally Posted by SWOLLL View Post
    Isn't liquidex similar to arimidex ? I know its much cheaper I have used liquidex during cycle seemed to do the job.

I would prefer to get arimidex from the doc though

Yes, Liquidex is Arimidex. The downside to Adex from the doc is that you can't lower the dose as easily. Also, unless insurance covers it, Arimidex from the pharmacy is more expensive than from a research company.

Yes, Liquidex is Arimidex. The downside to Adex from the doc is that you can't lower the dose as easily. Also, unless insurance covers it, Arimidex from the pharmacy is more expensive than from a research company.
    EXTREMELY expensive w/o insurance

Arimidex from the pharmacy is more expensive than from a research company.
    Yeah my insurance would cover it if my doc would prescribe it to me, thats why I would prefer to get it from the dr.

I also worry about the quality and dosage from a research company, not that I haven't used them before.

Yeah my insurance would cover it if my doc would prescribe it to me, thats why I would prefer to get it from the dr.

I also worry about the quality and dosage from a research company, not that I haven't used them before.
    swoll....that dog is a monster like you bro

I've used the liquidex from S.coms sponsor research company with good success. My insurance covered the scrip adex once, but then after that they said it wasn't covered.

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    EXTREMELY expensive w/o insurance
    Yeah - it's about 3 times more expensive from the pharmacy.

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    swoll....that dog is a monster like you bro
    Thanks I wish I was in as good as shape as he is, I bet he's below 5% bf 109lbs. I actually have a couple of puppies left I need to get rid of everyone needs a 100+lb pit bull!

Sorry about jacking your thread here

I've used the liquidex from S.coms sponsor research company with good success. My insurance covered the scrip adex once, but then after that they said it wasn't covered.
    Did they give you a reason for that? Well beside being greedy bastards.

I have used lions l-dex before too and it worked but last time it seemed to be dosed differently, I had to take more than my usual .25
    So I just figured the dosing was off, I suppose it could have been me or some other variable. But I never had to increase my dose on any other cycle.

Did they give you a reason for that? Well beside being greedy bastards.

I have used lions l-dex before too and it worked but last time it seemed to be dosed differently, I had to take more than my usual .25
    So I just figured the dosing was off, I suppose it could have been me or some other variable. But I never had to increase my dose on any other cycle.

Yeah, they said it wasn't a normal drug that men would use. I suppose they only want to pay for it for women with breast cancer.

Yeah, they said it wasn't a normal drug that men would use. I suppose they only want to pay for it for women with breast cancer.
    Wow, what a bunch of bs and thats expensive stuff too. What is it like $7-10 a pill?

Your not able to appeal their decision? Thats what I am trying with my insurance company now.
    They have called me three times in a week to give me updates, I don't know why they haven't done a thing.

Wow, what a bunch of bs and thats expensive stuff too. What is it like $7-10 a pill?

Your not able to appeal their decision? Thats what I am trying with my insurance company now.
    They have called me three times in a week to give me updates, I don't know why they haven't done a thing.

I don't have the energy to fight with the insurance company about it to be honest. I actually prefer the spray anyway as I can easily control the dosage. But pretty much any insurance I've ever had seemed like a racket - jump through a bunch of red tape to actually get to use the insurance you paid for in the first place.

I don't have the energy to fight with the insurance company about it to be honest. I actually prefer the spray anyway as I can easily control the dosage. But pretty much any insurance I've ever had seemed like a racket - jump through a bunch of red tape to actually get to use the insurance you paid for in the first place.
    that sucks...i guess i've been lucky in the past with my wife's health insurance...they never questioned and always paid for test and 'dex....i never heard anything bad about liquidex on this board or anywhere else

But pretty much any insurance I've ever had seemed like a racket - jump through a bunch of red tape to actually get to use the insurance you paid for in the first place.
    Isn't that the truth. Insurance is like the mafia!

Auto and home owners you have to have but if you have to use it they will raise your rates...Use it to many times and they will drop your ass...That should be illegal!

Philly Grappler is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Morgan View Post
    37 yo

Started TRT about a month ago, some may remember my first post. I am now on 200mg/ 2 weeks (still trying to get weekly injections). My nips feel a little puffy- called the nurse and the doc says that is normal. I asked for Arimidex but doc said no. I scheduled a visit for next week so i can convince him but we will see.

Does anyone have any MEDICAL references that suggest Arimidex or similar to go along with TRT? I have looked with no success. I have the "All Things Male" article that seems to be so common, but not sure if this will carry any weight.

Does anyone else do TRT without an anti estrogen?

My doctor automatically prescribed Arimidex from the start

Cap'n Morgan is offline New Member
    Update from OP: my Doc said he didn't want to "play" with my levels by using Arimidex so he referred me to an endocrinoligist. They can see me in February. I hate these aholes but I'm not giving up.

I ordered liquidex from the sponsor but it didnt seem to elimiate all puffiness in the nips so now I ordered letro. I will try to inject once I take the letro for a while.

Coach 44 is offline Associate Member
    I've been on hrt for 8 months without any AI.

fiveoooh is offline New Member
    FYI I know my aromasin is very expensive, w/o insurance I think its like $350 for a month supply. 5.0

Thread Information