keithdolby is offline Junior Member

methylb12 injections

I was just perscribe methylb12 injections by my doctor for low energy, etc. Is there any side effects of taking too much. I will be taking an amount way over the recommened daily amout. I will be taking on average 1.25 mg every day in an injectable form. Is this too much because the recommened intake is only 6mcg per day! I know one can take alot of b12 but is 1.25mg in injectable form too much?THakn

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    i take half a ml every other day for 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and mine is dosed at 1000 per ml

OH REALLY is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeyd View Post
    i take half a ml every other day for 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and mine is dosed at 1000 per ml
    why would you cycle b12?

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by OH REALLY View Post
    why would you cycle b12?
    yea? why smokey?
    why?

Thats funny where are you now smokeyd

45 views, 3 useless posts and 1 that was acceptable. Thanks

CrazyGringo is offline New Member
    This video clip on YouTube explains the different types of B12 and their affect on the body. As far as dosing goes I injected 500 mcg once a week for 6 weeks until I felt was no longer deficient. For maintenance I inject once every couple of months to much sure I don't become deficient again. If you are deficient you'll notice a big boost in energy for a day or two after your first injection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AczBuCuYY2E

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    why would you cycle b12?
    cyanocobalamin contains a cyanide ion which can be toxic in large amounts

Quote Originally Posted by keithdolby View Post
    I was just perscribe methylb12 injections by my doctor for low energy, etc. Is there any side effects of taking too much. I will be taking an amount way over the recommened daily amout. I will be taking on average 1.25 mg every day in an injectable form. Is this too much because the recommened intake is only 6mcg per day! I know one can take alot of b12 but is 1.25mg in injectable form too much?THakn
    since b12 is water soluable you will pee out what you don't need, so taking too much is almost impossible, though over 1mg per day is probably a waste

Thank you CrasyGringo(great video) and Phate. I kind of figured 2.5mg eod was a heavy dose. Not sure if I should lower my dose or contiune as is by doctor's order.

Quote Originally Posted by keithdolby View Post
    Thank you CrasyGringo(great video) and Phate. I kind of figured 2.5mg eod was a heavy dose. Not sure if I should lower my dose or contiune as is by doctor's order.
    your doctor wants you to inject 2500mcg every other day?
    what is the concentration of your b12? 1000mcg/mL?

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    cyanocobalamin contains a cyanide ion which can be toxic in large amounts

since b12 is water soluable you will pee out what you don't need, so taking too much is almost impossible, though over 1mg per day is probably a waste
    Is there any more prof on this that from u tube was a advertisement we cant trust that
    Last edited by OH REALLY; 10-11-2008 at 04:20 PM.

Is there any more prof on this that from u tube was a advertisement we cant trust that
    proof on which part? and if you are wondering about the cyanide part, look at the name CYANOcobalamin, the first part is the cyanide, cobalamin is b12

your doctor wants you to inject 2500mcg every other day?
    what is the concentration of your b12? 1000mcg/mL?
    Yes, that is correct 2.5mg eod. The concentration is 25mg/ml or 25,000mcg/ml, basically the same methylb12 alot of autistic kids take. I use 1/10th of a ml eod which would be 2.5mg. Should I back it down a bit?

proof on which part? and if you are wondering about the cyanide part, look at the name CYANOcobalamin, the first part is the cyanide, cobalamin is b12
    i understand that but where is the proof that cyanocobalamin is toxic just because some advertisement said so i googled it and found nothing

i understand that but where is the proof that cyanocobalamin is toxic just because some advertisement said so i googled it and found nothing
    If you're referring to the YouTube clip I posted then you're either nuts or you didn't watch it or both. First, he never said cyanocobalimin was toxic although I have read that and second he wasn't advertising anything! It's just some guy stating the differences between the 4 different types of B12.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGringo View Post
    If you're referring to the YouTube clip I posted then you're either nuts or you didn't watch it or both. First, he never said cyanocobalimin was toxic although I have read that and second he wasn't advertising anything! It's just some guy stating the differences between the 4 different types of B12.
    It was not a direct advertisement he stated the name of his company in the first few sentences aloha for ???<>< he also stated that his products were better then the ones that had cyanocobalimin because of toxic reasons and he had the name of his company behind him the u tube clip I'm talking about is A Toxic Vitamin B12 Just so you know some people have told me I'm nuts but i disagree

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGringo View Post
    But cant we be friends what you wrote was not nice about me you should apologize you now its OK for people to have an opinion

It was not a direct advertisement he stated the name of his company in the first few sentences aloha for ???<>< he also stated that his products were better then the ones that had cyanocobalimin because of toxic reasons and he had the name of his company behind him the u tube clip I'm talking about is A Toxic Vitamin B12 Just so you know some people have told me I'm nuts but i disagree
    The clip I posted had NO company name, NO mention of any better products and NO mention of cyanocobalimin being toxic. I'm not sure what video clip you were watching. And now, after being on YouTube for months, the clip is gone. If I can find it again I'll repost it but I'm sure several others saw it on this thread and can verify what I just said. To be fair if you can post the clip you claim you saw I would love to see it.

The clip i was referring to was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1-OeIzkPxc
    i was not referring to you clip i was referring to the comment about b12cyanocobalimin being toxic i just wish i saw better facts
    Last edited by OH REALLY; 10-13-2008 at 06:55 PM.

Thread Information