Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    roserose is offline Associate Member

New law about Doc's and Scripts

My HRT clinic just informed me they passed a new law today which states all prescriptions must be made by a doctor who sees you in person. This affects many people on HRT. Especially if your HRT clinic is out of state! Just thought I'd give you All a heads up. This is the last day before the law is enacted so hurry up and refill those scripts.

lotsoftime is offline Associate Member
    Any links or refrences to the details?

The law is some guys name like Ryan's Law or something like that. Just found out about it my self 15mins ago.

pepous is offline Associate Member
    Can I get script if I am from europe?

I will travel to USA for example to visit my doc... But only first time..

Don't know about international but if the docs in say Texas and you live in California you must go to the docs office in TX to get a script.

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    Stupid.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    My doc just told me that he can no longer fax over a script for test and that the law requires you bring the pharmacy a signed script in person.

starkiller is offline Associate Member
    is this law throught all states

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    we'll see

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Ryans law is for disabled children? I am confused

i knew something was fishy

BOB89 is offline Associate Member
    Actually pharmacies are required to have an orginal signed copy by most state laws. Even a fax is techically not good enough. However it isn't enforced and even a digital siginture on scripts(by docs who do electric scripts)isn't techically good enough if push went to shove.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB89 View Post
    Actually pharmacies are required to have an orginal signed copy by most state laws. Even a fax is techically not good enough. However it isn't enforced and even a digital siginture on scripts(by docs who do electric scripts)isn't techically good enough if push went to shove.
    They must have cracked down in my state. I have been going to the same doc and pharmacy for years. I have been picking up test for exactly a year now. He recently gave me something to help me sleep and told me i had to walk it in as well as my test scripts going forward.

keithrichards is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roserose View Post
    My HRT clinic just informed me they passed a new law today which states all prescriptions must be made by a doctor who sees you in person. This affects many people on HRT. Especially if your HRT clinic is out of state! Just thought I'd give you All a heads up. This is the last day before the law is enacted so hurry up and refill those scripts.
    Can you be more specific?
    What state?
    What law?
    I would like to do some research on the topic.

Paul_Best is offline Associate Member
    ^^ x2!

This is a couple years old. The guy wasn't ordering blood work or a 3rd party doctor visit.
    I would like to see documentation that a Doctor can't write a prescription without an office visit, when he has a 3rd party doctor do blood work and a physical exam.

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/cr...admin_2007.htm

Dale L. Taylor, M.D., Revocation of Registration, 72 Fed. Reg. 30855 (June 4, 2007)

On February 2, 2007, DEA issued an Order to Show Cause to Respondent as to why his registration should not be revoked and immediately suspended his registration on the ground that continued registration posed a danger to the public health and safety. The Order alleged that beginning in May 2004, Respondent engaged in the distribution of controlled substances over the Internet with three different entities. When asked to surrender his DEA registration, Respondent refused and indicated that he planned to continue to issue prescriptions over the Internet. Respondent did not respond to the Order to Show Cause or request a hearing.

Respondent reviewed the medical records provided by the patient, talked to the patient on the telephone about his medical needs and prescribed the requested controlled substances. During this transaction, no physical examination was conducted, no medical tests were ordered, and no patient record was established. No doctor-patient relationship was established and, thus, Respondent acted outside the "usual course of professional practice" and without a legitimate medical purpose. Between July 2006 and January 2007, Respondent authorized 6,069 prescriptions for 1,098 persons. Although Respondent was only licensed to practice medicine in Florida, his online prescriptions provided controlled substances to customers in forty-six states and the District of Columbia.

Respondent’s history of dispensing controlled substances in violation of the Controlled Substances Act and state law, failure to maintain patient records, and drug dealing behavior constituted conduct that threatened public health and safety. Consequently, DEA revoked Respondent’s registration because continued registration was inconsistent with the public interest. 21 U.S.C. §§ 823(f) and 824(a)(4).

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    BS !! I was getting my SCRIPT called in Every 10 WEEKS on the DOT !! Then YESTERDAY he called in my Script... picked it up today and has 5 refills on it... SO... HAH !!

Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    BS !! I was getting my SCRIPT called in Every 10 WEEKS on the DOT !! Then YESTERDAY he called in my Script... picked it up today and has 5 refills on it... SO... HAH !!
    Good deal!

see???????????????????????????????

larbec7 is offline New Member
    I live in Texas and the pharmacist called my doctor yesterday and requested a refill for me and he filled it so I am not sure about this law.....

Paul_Best is offline Associate Member
    Thank the LORD!

Thread Information