FlyingIllini is offline Junior Member

Lack of sleep and low test ?

Question: can a lack of sleep the night before a blood test cause low testosterone ? Doc put me on TRT after labs showed test right at the bottom of the normal range. I only had a couple of hours sleep the night before the lab work, however. Blood work one year ago showed test at 650 as opposed to 260 this last time.

I have had a couple of injections but now I am thinking maybe I should dump out of this, do some sort of half-a$$ed PCT and re-do lab work.

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes that can throw off the test. They will usually do blood work 1st thing in the morning. You test is at its highest upon waking.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it will throw it off that much unless you were up all night drinking. I am suprised the doc didn't test twice to be sure.
    If you are only a few weeks in, it might be good to go off and test again to be sure. I would think you need a good PCT and a month to get back to normal.
    Good luck & give an update

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    usually trt isnt decided from ONE blood test...y does it not surprise..

did you not want trt....wut were you doing at the docs to begin with...symptoms

I get annual blood work. I have had sexual symptoms for a long time (three years), but I had them even when tested at 650 (241-827 total T). Also, I have not been growing. The test injections improved my sex drive a lot, so I'm not sure what's going on. Age: 44, 6'-2", 245 lbs... pretty big dude, not fat, but only one nut from testicular cancer while in college.
    Last edited by FlyingIllini; 09-11-2009 at 05:13 AM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    even though you were at 650 a year or so ago you had the problems then and know on trt you say you're ALOT better...imo...the numbers are irrelevant to an extent....your symptoms have improved...no brainer to me...just my .02

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    here is the deal... find a new doc run the blood again

what we would reall need to know is a few blood test... and what was tested full male blood pannel or just test level.

this is what you want :
    bound test
    total test
    pitutary gland
    thyroid
    maybe adreanal out put

then have the doc check to see if you nuts are small.

then that would give you a better idea of what is going on

if it is your first time having issues with low test i would look at your suppliments and maybe you took some that started or shut your personal test production down.

as for the sleep ... were you drinking? were you run down or reall stressed over the last few weeks?

Free test was below normal. I only have one nut and its size is normal. I have never taken any hormonal drug or supps, and I don't drink.

Thread Information