Alloy is offline Junior Member

High estradiol and low TSH.....any ideas?

As if this shit doesn't get better every day. Finally got a copy of my blood panel after I started TRT the other day......found out some interesting info that the doctor was going off of as "normal".

Estradiol - 54 (13-54 pg/ml)
    TSH- 0.75 (0.40 - 4.50 mIU/L)
    Total Test - 610 (241 - 827 ng/dl)
    Free Test - 49.6 (60 - 125 pg/ml)
    T3 Uptake - 36 (22-35%)
    T4 Free - 1.1 (0.8 - 1.8 ng/dl)
    Hematocrit - 49 (38.5 - 50.0%)

I called my Endo and told him to get me in sooner than 5 weeks. Low TSH, High Estradiol, Low Free Test, High T3,.....

I know plenty of you bros have been down this road before, have you seen anything like this.

That Estradiol concerns me a bit.

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    how long ago did you start TRT? How do these number compare to before you started?

Bro those are all baseline numbers, I just started TRT 3 days ago. Granted it's Androgel at 2.5 mgs per day, that Estradiol number doesn't look so hot compared to what the healthy average should be (around 20-30). This is a family female dr, I'm in the process of moving over to a male endo who flat told me he does TRT shots. Next blood test is in 3 weeks.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Alloy, don't freak out too much on those numbers. That's the great thing about HRT, you can get all of these things balanced out with the right stuff and the right doctor. Talk to your Endo (or chances are he will probably talk to you) about some Anastrozole for the estrogen issue. Then, the obvious, do what you can to get rid of the AndroGel and over to some weekly injections. I think you said you were doing 2.5g of that stuff, which is about as conservative as it gets. Sounds vaguely familiar with what I went through with my original doc that is a female.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Alloy, don't freak out too much on those numbers. That's the great thing about HRT, you can get all of these things balanced out with the right stuff and the right doctor. Talk to your Endo (or chances are he will probably talk to you) about some Anastrozole for the estrogen issue. Then, the obvious, do what you can to get rid of the AndroGel and over to some weekly injections. I think you said you were doing 2.5g of that stuff, which is about as conservative as it gets. Sounds vaguely familiar with what I went through with my original doc that is a female.
    Thanks for the info V-Man!! Yup, Female Dr. puts me on 2.5mgs of Androgel and made it sound like she was doing me a favor. I'm pushing for the shots when I discuss everything with my Endo. I'm very curious to see what's going to happen if the Endo manages to get my Estradiol sliced in half and get's my free test bumped up with Test-C or E.

Thread Information