Pestodude is offline New Member

High Cortisol/ Progesterone after HRT

Recently started HRT (T cream, 10 ml morning and night). Have had less than a steller response. My nipples got very sore and swollen. Went on Bioperine and Chrysin (heard the Bioperine helps the bioavailability of the Chrysin), Dim-plus, and Resveratrol. This seemed to help lower the estradiol but I still had other side effects. I put on belly fat. My eyes are always puffy. Very tired. Did a saliva test. Results showed high Cortisol and Progesterone. Estradiol was ok. Any thoughts on how to bring Cortisol and Prog. down?
    Also, can anyone give me the name of a great endocrinologist in the Los Angeles area?

Vettester is offline Banned
    I am with a very good HRT doctor in Santa Monica, but I don't know if the mods will have a problem with me telling you his name or the name of the clinic that he is at. If an administrator will give me a green light, I'll gladly share the info.

My actual Endo is with Kaiser and I wouldn't send anyone to him. He told me that Test is a controlled substance and it's illegal to self administer it with a prescription (what a dill-rod). The guy at the top knows his stuff, will check and administer for ALL the areas you're concerned about, and he is an expert all the way around, unlike a few real bozo doctors that I have dealt with when it concerns HRT.

Also, forgot to mention, you'll find a lot of bad press on this site about the cremes and gels associated with HRT. I'm a former Gel person myself, and so glad to be off of it. You can do a ton of searches in this site on "cremes" or "AndroGel ," and find post after post saying it's not the way to go. If you're sold on it, great, but just keep an eye on it because it usually hits a point where things starts getting a little unstable. By reading your post, it sounds like you're having your own issues with this program all the way around.

Either way, you are with a great forum on this stuff, and you will find there's a lot of people here to help.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    If you're sold on it, great, but just keep an eye on it because it usually hits a point where things starts getting a little unstable. By reading your post, it sounds like you're having your own issues with this program all the way around.
    Definitely not sold on it. Just learning about all this. What is considered to be the best way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Pestodude View Post
    Definitely not sold on it. Just learning about all this. What is considered to be the best way to go?
    IMO the BEST way to go for increasing your testosterone levels is by method of injection. I take one shot per week of 200mg Testosterone Cypionate . A good HRT doctor/team will go through the shot procedures with you and they will make sure you're on the right track. I also take a product called Anastrozole at various times during this program, along with HCG .

Would enjoy hearing more about yourself and what you've been through. Also, hope we get that cooler weather real soon!

flybynight is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    I am with a very good HRT doctor in Santa Monica, but I don't know if the mods will have a problem with me telling you his name or the name of the clinic that he is at. If an administrator will give me a green light, I'll gladly share the info.

My actual Endo is with Kaiser and I wouldn't send anyone to him. He told me that Test is a controlled substance and it's illegal to self administer it with a prescription (what a dill-rod). The guy at the top knows his stuff, will check and administer for ALL the areas you're concerned about, and he is an expert all the way around, unlike a few real bozo doctors that I have dealt with when it concerns HRT.
    I'd love the name of your Santa Monica doc... my Endo doesn't know his stuff, having me on a single 300mg shot once every 3 weeks. I'm in a roller coaster. PM me if you read this! Thanks.

I would love the name as well. Would the Admin's care if you PM'ed it to us?

I don't think it's possible to PM you guys until you get 50 posts or something like that. Go into the AR Lounge and there will be plenty of threads that you can just post anything you want. I do believe your PM status will be cleared at 50 ... So let me know and I'll gladly send it over.

Thread Information