Thread: Test and Deca

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tm123 is offline New Member

Test and Deca

My doc is willing to give me deca , but said I should run it an only half the dose of my test. I'm currently on 200mg/week test, so I would run the deca at 100mg week stacked with the test. He said Deca causes hair loss and low libido, which is why he recommends the low dosage. I really don't want to experience hair loss or a low libido, and I just wanted to know what you think of his recommendation and/or what your experiences have been with deca. I'm also on HCG 500 IU 2x week, and adex 0.5 eod. I'm 42, 197 lb, @ 19%. Thanks.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Well first of all marry your Dr he is a saint. Deca and Test at those doses are fine although they will put you over the top of the range with your hormone levels. Not a big deal. What is a big deal is the amount of Adex he has prescribed. That is way too much dude. You need some Estrogen and at that dose it will pretty much knock it all out which is just as bad as having low test levels. In my opinion I would do 0.25mg twice a week and see how your blood tests look. You also dont need the HCG , I only do it every know and then if I want my balls to look fuller it does nothing else for you.

Hair loss will also be fairly minimal at those doses as well. If you are really worried about get him to put you on Proscar and that will fix it all with regards to hair.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am really considering adding deca also at 100mg/week. I have heard great things about that dose on trt. Go for it bro.

Thanks guys. My current hormone levels are:

Total Test 520 (250-1100)
    Free Test 185.6 (35-155)
    Estradiol 18 (13-54)

I can scale back the adex, but I only have a bunch of 0.5 mg capsules right now, so I can't really break them. I suppose I can go every 3rd day, or 2x week. What do you think? I'm off and on with the HCG as well, so I don't mind ditching that either.

So if I go the deca route, can I stay on that dose indefinitely, or should it only be an occasional sort of thing?

subnet is offline Associate Member
    TM - could you open the capsules and split the dose in half, giving you .25?

Quote Originally Posted by subnet View Post
    TM - could you open the capsules and split the dose in half, giving you .25?
    Yeah I could do that but it would be a tremendous pain in the ass. What sucks is I have like 30 of the things left. After they're gone I'll probably just get liquidex from ar-r so the dosage is easier to control.

ZonaDave is offline Member
    deca doesn't have a place in TRT unless you're having joint issues.

NEMESIS RR is offline Associate Member
    for joint issues at 200mg and 200mg of test will not be a problem. Deca problems start when no test is in the mix. I do not know the effectivness of 100mg but 200mg works wonders for 3 months after 10 weeks of use.

Quote Originally Posted by NEMESIS RR View Post
    for joint issues at 200mg and 200mg of test will not be a problem. Deca problems start when no test is in the mix. I do not know the effectivness of 100mg but 200mg works wonders for 3 months after 10 weeks of use.
    when you say it "works wonders" to what are you referring, joint issues?

Dave, I'm very much aware that Deca isn't a "need" for me in terms HRT, but if I can increase my muscle mass a little more with minimal risk, then I'm open to trying it. At this point I just want to make sure that the benefits outweigh the risks.

NEMESIS RR is offline Associate Member
    Yes I was referring to joint issues. After a few weeks the joint issues greatly improved or went away. The biggest improvement is the stiffness from sitting still goes away. You know when you get up off the couch after a while and your bent over like an old man. The benefits last 3 to 4 months after last shot at 200mg a week. You do get a little bloat thou. I did also get around 5 quality muscle pounds with reduced fat and this is trying to keep my weight down.

Thread Information