jrock38 is offline Associate Member

TRT 24hr piss test !!!

Just had a follow up and need to do a 24hr piss test. I am on 160mgs per week from TRT Dr but have been running 300mg per week for 6 or so weeks getting ready for summer. Thinking on dropping dosage to 100mgs for a couple weeks and then test.

Any thoughts from experienced piss testers?? LOL

Bump!!!

durak is offline Member
    Is it not a blood test?

Vettester is offline Banned
    Is this just a test to detect AAS in your system? If so, 300mg or 100mg, it's going to show. BW will obviously tell the tale for your total & free count.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Who is doing this test? And for what reason? If it's from the doc, are you worried if the results will show you are taking more than prescribed? Because I'm sure he will be able to tell an increase in total testosterone .

However, does a piss test actually tell numbers or just substances?

Urine should be for detection purposes. It's in the system for 3 months, so cutting back and even stopping isn't going to help when it comes to that test. Total serum is measured in the blood.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Urine should be for detection purposes. It's in the system for 3 months, so cutting back and even stopping isn't going to help when it comes to that test. Total serum is measured in the blood.
    Cool, thought so. Curious about his question.

i am on TRT and the DR does all his test as piss tests. Yes they tell the total test amounts and free test amounts. I am not concerned about other substances i am concerned about being over what I should be as far as total test.
    So I am asking if backing it down to 100mg or stopping for a couple weeks and then pissing will lower it enough? Never been in this situation and just looking for someones advice that has ran more than usual and had to do a test.

This is the first I've seen where a doc uses a urine analysis for Total & Free. But, for the record, I have been able to skew my numbers back after a few weeks of cutting down my dosage.

This is the first I've seen where a doc uses a urine analysis for Total & Free. But, for the record, I have been able to skew my numbers back after a few weeks of cutting down my dosage.
    thats what I am leaning towards. What about stopping for 2 weeks and doing the test then starting back up?

durak is offline Member
    I just dont see it as possible. It could do positive or negative but actual levels are reliant on urine concentration.

Maybe I am wrong but you would have to convince me concentration (hydration) does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by durak View Post
    I just dont see it as possible. It could do positive or negative but actual levels are reliant on urine concentration.

Maybe I am wrong but you would have to convince me concentration (hydration) does not matter.
    Durak, are you talking about achieving the test serum results from the urinalysis?

I've heard about some guys doing a saliva test, but not this route. But, who am I to 2nd guess the achievements of modern medicine & science?

durak is offline Member
    I don't see how urine can yield total test and free test consistently. The level of concentration of any substance is dependent on how much "water" is in the urine.

For instance, drug test are passed by consuming something (back in the day there was a product called "the stuff") that fluds your bladder with water and diluting the concentration of drugs below the positve threshold.

So with test you are only going to expell a certain amount. if you have 1 part test for 1 part water you have a level of 1. if you flood the bladder with more water say 1 part test to 2 part water you would have a level of .5.

I could be wrong. Not denying that. However, at the moment I don't see how more than a positive or negative can be determined.

Quote Originally Posted by jrock38 View Post
    thats what I am leaning towards. What about stopping for 2 weeks and doing the test then starting back up?
    I guess it depends on how suppressed your system is. For me, two weeks is enough to go from the 800's down to 480'sh just by dropping from 200mg -to- 100mg. Is there a certain number you need to be at, or can you just be in range? I'd probably give yourself some, even 75mg just so you don't find yourself starting to crash. I did that routine as well when I was dealing with a real winner of an Endo. In 3-1/2 weeks, I went from 1008 to 195 while going cold turkey ... Try that one on, it's about as black as it can get! Never going through that again!

Quote Originally Posted by jrock38;5131***
    i am on TRT and the DR does all his test as piss tests.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock38;5131***
    Yes they tell the total test amounts and free test amounts. I am not concerned about other substances i am concerned about being over what I should be as far as total test.
    So I am asking if backing it down to 100mg or stopping for a couple weeks and then pissing will lower it enough? Never been in this situation and just looking for someones advice that has ran more than usual and had to do a test.
    So he's able to check LH, E2, etc. this way? I thought the free test exists unbound in the bloodstream, total of course bound to SHBG. I've got a meeting with my HRT doc tomorrow, I'll see if he can point me to a lab that will do it without drawing blood. I'll report his comments after our meeting.

[B]

So he's able to check LH, E2, etc. this way? I thought the free test exists unbound in the bloodstream, total of course bound to SHBG. I've got a meeting with my HRT doc tomorrow, I'll see if he can point me to a lab that will do it without drawing blood. I'll report his comments after our meeting.
    yeah please do...This DR does all his tests via the 24hr piss testing..he says you can find out anything you want from them.. and yes my last one was a year ago and he told me my Estrogen was high and put me on Anastrazole. So i would say it works....

Quote Originally Posted by jrock38 View Post
    yeah please do...This DR does all his tests via the 24hr piss testing..he says you can find out anything you want from them.. and yes my last one was a year ago and he told me my Estrogen was high and put me on Anastrazole. So i would say it works....
    Well, then it's something new I've learned. I will try to study up on this 24 hour piss method.

I spoke to my doc about this and he said there are labs that use this method. Jrock sent me a link to one, so they are out there. However, my doc did tell me to stick with drawing blood ... He feels the numbers will be more consistent, and you can run other panels with solid accuracy. Just his professional opinion, but other docs may feel this method is adequate. Like I said in a earlier post, who am I to 2nd guess modern medicine & science.

Thread Information