nwjt is offline Associate Member

After week 1 of TRT

first week I was injected at the clinic with 300 mg.
    Next day or 2 felt great all week. I got pinned on a Tuesday.

I decided I wanted Sundays to be my day so I pinned early. However, by that time symptoms were starting to reappear, and on Monday morning they were back. However, by MOnday eveneing I was me again.

Is this rollercoaster normal so soon? If someone has normal T levels, do they crash after the first shot or is it just me since my T levels suck naturally?

BTW, tonight I went to the gym, strengh has increased already. I'm like a bunny in bed, my wife is happy, I am happy and all is right with the world. All the little thing don't shut me down and I am living again. It sucks to do this so young but it is what it is.

gym_junki is offline Member
    if ur prescribed 300mgs a week, split it into two doses for the week.

gym_junki is offline Member
    Ahh and happy to hear that ur life is a lot better. Also try not to mis out on ur shots or delay the shot by a day or something that way u keep ur blood pressure stable

nwjt is offline Associate Member
    I'm only on 200 per week, they gave me 300 the first week to get me going. I feel very very good right now. I am going to talk to the doc about maybe doing 300 and doing 150 two times per week to keep me on high.

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    There will be a bit of trial and error, but feel free to play with your dosing frequency interval. If I were you I'd stick with 200mg once a week for about 3 or 4 weeks and see if you notice a pattern. One week of fluctuating well being can be blamed on a lot of things -- lack of sleep, undue stress, situational depression, etc. But several weeks in a row points to a pattern. I went five weeks pinning my 100mg EW all at once. After consistently noticing a drop off in libido, stamina, and energy at day 5-6 I decided to split my dose into 50mg 2x EW. That has leveled out my symptoms dramatically. I feel pretty consistent all week.

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nwjt View Post
    I am going to talk to the doc about maybe doing 300 and doing 150 two times per week to keep me on high.
    300mg EW is a very high starting point for anyone beginning TRT. Most people settle in with 100-200mg EW as their TRT dose. There are some exceptions, but I would think 300mg EW is only needed by a small % of those of us who need HRT. You won't hate the results, but you increase the odds of having negative side effects, like E2 levels that are too high. E2 can be mitigated with an AI, but why start there if you can attain testosterone levels in the upper 3rd of the reference range with fewer sides?

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    He just front loaded you a little becuse whatever natty test you were producing went away - you will level out at 200/week which is about twice what a healthy male should produce naturally at their peak.

jeepers is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    He just front loaded you a little becuse whatever natty test you were producing went away - you will level out at 200/week which is about twice what a healthy male should produce naturally at their peak.

So 200/week is really twice that of the healthy male.... Makes me wonder what my levels were a couple of years ago running 600mg every 5 days ... BUT doing that got me into the mess I'm in now... live and LEARN I guess.

Messing with the Endo system is NOT good

MikhailC is offline New Member
    how much is necessary to bring my test up to a working level? my level right now is in the 200s (low 200s) in the morning.... doc prescribed 200mg every two weeks and i have noticed no difference.... help please i have no idea what to do...

Thread Information