MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"

Low testosterone levels at 27yo

So i decided to get my Testosterone checked prior to starting my cycle just to see where my levels were so i knew where i needed to get them back to prior to starting another cycle. To my suprise, my levels are EXTREMELY low.. i tested out at 10.2 nmol/L (basically equivelent to 250-300ng/dl) which is less than half where i should be at 27 y.o. and even lower than that of a 100 year old man.. The thing is that I do not feel as if I have low test levels.. I do not find myself lothargic or any lack of a sex drive or anything like that. The issue is that i already started my cycle.. 2 weeks in, and feel great.. but once i do get off should i look into testosterone therapy during my off cycles even if i feel normal at those low levels??? or is it still not low enough to get into that??? I am sure that these low levels are the result of my juicing when i was 18, either that or these results are wrong.. i mean how would i have been able ot put on 20lbs of muscle in a year of lifting naturally if those reading were accurate??

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    So i decided to get my Testosterone checked prior to starting my cycle just to see where my levels were so i knew where i needed to get them back to prior to starting another cycle. To my suprise, my levels are EXTREMELY low.. i tested out at 10.2 nmol/L (basically equivelent to 250-300ng/dl) which is less than half where i should be at 27 y.o. and even lower than that of a 100 year old man.. The thing is that I do not feel as if I have low test levels.. I do not find myself lothargic or any lack of a sex drive or anything like that. The issue is that i already started my cycle.. 2 weeks in, and feel great.. but once i do get off should i look into testosterone therapy during my off cycles even if i feel normal at those low levels??? or is it still not low enough to get into that??? I am sure that these low levels are the result of my juicing when i was 18, either that or these results are wrong.. i mean how would i have been able ot put on 20lbs of muscle in a year of lifting naturally if those reading were accurate??
    with all you said....imo, continue with your plan of pct after this cycle and re evaluate after the pct and the future months ahead...if you dont have symptoms then i would go by the if it aint broke dont fix theory...my .02

I'm hoping that it was maybe just a bad reading or something else.. but i don't know enough about natural test production and i didn't even talk to the doctor about it.. i agree though.. i live by the don't fix it, if it aint broke theory.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Jpkman. Give it a couple months after your cycle and test again. It doesn't sound like you have any symptoms of low test. What time of day did you test and did you drink by any chance the night before?

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    with all you said....imo, continue with your plan of pct after this cycle and re evaluate after the pct and the future months ahead...if you dont have symptoms then i would go by the if it aint broke dont fix theory...my .02
    Great advise!

Priapism is offline Junior Member
    Keep in mind the levels fluctuate like crazy throughout the day. Especially if you had a sex marathon the night before and got the test done in the evening the next day, with little sleep, and drinking.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    I have the same thing... No overtly noticeable symptoms of low T

Cycled at 20 and now my T ranges are in the low normal scale but still in the 'normal' scale

26 yrs old

3 cycles under my belt

I think maybe since we started early its just one of those unfortunate things we have to deal with now.

Only way to know for sure is to see an endo and have multiple tests run over the course of 3-6 month period to know for sure...

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2 View Post
    I have the same thing... No overtly noticeable symptoms of low T

Cycled at 20 and now my T ranges are in the low normal scale but still in the 'normal' scale

26 yrs old

3 cycles under my belt

I think maybe since we started early its just one of those unfortunate things we have to deal with now.

Only way to know for sure is to see an endo and have multiple tests run over the course of 3-6 month period to know for sure...
    im 27 and on trt and did 3-4 cycle before 25

Babyface is offline New Member
    I'm 25, I got my T tested because I wasn't able to grow much facial hair, I look like I'm 18, and have a very hard time gaining and keeping muscle mass.

Turns out my T was at 350 which is low for a 25 year old and obviously not going to improve as I age.

Doc handed me a perscription for 250mg/week... Which is WAY too much and had my T levels well over 2,000 and my Free T levels well over 700... Lol.

So I'm going to drop to 150mg/week and see how that works. And save the rest for a cycle.

I feel MUCH more "manly" on T... How do you feel when ur on a cycle? Any difference? I guess if nothing is really bothering u then wait and see how you feel after your next cycle, and also get your tests done again.

I'm on cycle now and feel great. more appetite and much greater sex drive, i went from jerking off twice a week to twice a day. I wasn't aware that your Test levels can fluctuate so much durring the day.. i hope that i do not have to get on TRT, but i guess there is no down side to it.. I am gonig to take your guys' advice and wait a few months after this cycle and get tested again to see where they are at.. Thanks again for the good advice guys.

First6 is offline Member
    Hmmm. I agree AND I don't with the if it aint broke dont fix it in this case.

I found out about my low natty test (128) because of frequent intense headaches. However aside from that I felt FINE all the time. No symptoms at all. After I got on trt for a few months I realized that what I thought was FINE all those years was not normal. Now I know I could have felt better. You may just not know what your missing so to speak.

As you said,,, wait a few months and get tested again. I wish the best for you Bro!
    Last edited by First6; 09-20-2010 at 10:21 AM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by First6 View Post
    Hmmm. I agree AND I don't with the if it aint broke dont fix it in this case.

I found out about my low natty test (128) because of frequent intense headaches. However aside from that I felt FINE all the time. No symptoms at all. After I got on trt for a few months I realized that what I thought was FINE all those years was not normal. Now I know I could have felt better. You may just not know what your missing so to speak.

As you said,,, wait a few months and get tested again. I wish the best for you Bro!
    your T was low because of frequent intense headaches?

also, when i stated re-evalute that meant retest as well, for the record...i thought it was understood

First6 is offline Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    your T was low because of frequent intense headaches?
    also, when i stated re-evalute that meant retest as well, for the record...i thought it was understood
    Oh. Sorry. No. I had frequent intense headaches and after about 9 months the Doc's finally figured out that my T was low. TRT got rid of the headaches all together.
    Yup I think we all knew what you were saying.

is there any negative side effects to taking a low does of Test as a TRT at my age of 27?

Vettester is offline Banned
    All the standard sides will apply, or at least the ones you might be prone to (hair loss, oily skin, etc.), but more so is the fact this treatment becomes permanent. So 10 years, 20, etc., it's the same routine, week after week. Certain CBC panel sides could increase over time (hematocrit, RBC, etc.), so you might find yourself giving blood on a regular basis too. You've got to do your labs quite a bit when doing TRT. It's just a lot of maintenance and constant tweaking to keep things normalized, especially when implementing other compounds to help treat your TRT (AI's, HCG , etc.).

Thread Information