TheClinch is offline Senior Member

Its difficult to get blood tests in Canada. How would a guy self med trt?

We have a public medical system here. Doctors aren't just handing out requisition forms for any dude off the street asking for one apparently. So whats a guy to do?

Have you tried any of the online labs such as privatemdlabs dot com?

blacksmoke is offline Associate Member
    If you ask your dr for a certain test and he doesn't believe that it is warranted, tell him that you will pay for it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmoke View Post
    If you ask your dr for a certain test and he doesn't believe that it is warranted, tell him that you will pay for it yourself.
    Cost issues...according to other Canadian members of this forum tests can range from $200-300 for each item tested. Ie: Test, LH, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    Have you tried any of the online labs such as privatemdlabs dot com?
    No I havent. Thanks for a lead. Do you know if they operate in Canada? Or, will they accept blood from
    outside the US if they are in the states and send results to Canada?

Str8Jakked is offline Associate Member
    Not sure what the problem is, I'm in T.O. and I just tell my doctor what I want and he writes it up and I go and get it done.

Thyroid Profile w/ TSH
    Complete Blood Count w/ Differential
    Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
    Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
    Estradiol Sensitive
    Testosterone (Free), Serum With Total
    Lipid Profile
    Insulin Growth Factor (IGF-1)

So I went to PrivateMD and looked at their blood test options. Above is what is covered by the male hormone panel. Is this all I would need to monitor?

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That would be the bare minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Jakked View Post
    Not sure what the problem is, I'm in T.O. and I just tell my doctor what I want and he writes it up and I go and get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post
    That would be the bare minimum.
    What does a complete and proper panel look like?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    hint: on private md there is a little questionnaire which takes 3 secs to answer and once you do? you get 15% off if I remember correctly..
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    hint: on private md there is a little questionnaire which takes 3 secs to answer and once you do? you get 15% off if I remember correctly..
    thanks

Canadream is offline Associate Member
    Some doctos know why such person wan't such test and they don't condown steroid use . and Yes some see as a waste of taxe apyers $$, saying it cost allot. Who ae you believe right. TEchnically it's are right to get such test done, but your at the mercy of the doctire you are using. There is allot of walk in clinics in Canada and that's your best bet to try one of them and keep trying to you find one that will.

Quote Originally Posted by TheClinch View Post
    We have a public medical system here. Doctors aren't just handing out requisition forms for any dude off the street asking for one apparently. So whats a guy to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Canadream View Post
    Some doctos know why such person wan't such test and they don't condown steroid use. and Yes some see as a waste of taxe apyers $$, saying it cost allot. Who ae you believe right. TEchnically it's are right to get such test done, but your at the mercy of the doctire you are using. There is allot of walk in clinics in Canada and that's your best bet to try one of them and keep trying to you find one that will.
    Thank you

The site I suggested is US only. I don't know how close you are to the US boarder but you'll have to check for yourself to find the closest. You go to one of their local labs where they draw the blood and send it out. I get a complete Male Anti Aging panel for about $150 US after a 15% online discount. it includes:

Includes: Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculation); triglycerides; very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol (calculation); Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; Estradiol, Sensitive; IGF-1; A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum; Testosterone , Serum; Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA), Serum;Free Thyroxine Index (FTI);Thyroxine (T4); Thyroid Hormone Binding Ratio (T3 Uptake); Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH)

Just Google online blood labs in Canada and you can better tell what works for you than I can.

online blood lab testing in canada

It's really best if you go check it out for yourself.

Thread Information