Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 361
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: TRT - Self Administered?

  1. #1
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457

    TRT - Self Administered?

    My first post in the HRT forum... /wave

    I am in the process of making an appt. with an endo - I have a script from my PC to do so. My questions is - if prescribed HRT, is it standard practice to allow one to self administer? If not standard, is it 'allowed' or acceptable in some cases? This office isn't particularly close to my home, and I'd never be able to make it there once a week during their business hours, let along twice a week which would be my ideal dosage timing.

  2. #2
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,357
    hey GBrice, sorry to see you in this section, but glad there is TRT to keep you healthy. yes usually they give you the meds and you administer yourself. keep us posted as to what your doc will do. welcome to the adult section!

  3. #3
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,911
    hey brice. yep absolutely. I get my test cyp/adex at walgreens and have my gf inject me. pm if you want more info.

  4. #4
    jdw999's Avatar
    jdw999 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    48
    Same here. Got my first injection at the dr office, since then I either stab myself or have the wife unit do it for me. Seems less painful to do it myself though. Hmmm, wonder if she enjoys my pain?

  5. #5
    HRTstudent's Avatar
    HRTstudent is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,999
    Blog Entries
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    My first post in the HRT forum... /wave

    I am in the process of making an appt. with an endo - I have a script from my PC to do so. My questions is - if prescribed HRT, is it standard practice to allow one to self administer? If not standard, is it 'allowed' or acceptable in some cases? This office isn't particularly close to my home, and I'd never be able to make it there once a week during their business hours, let along twice a week which would be my ideal dosage timing.
    A lot of guys actually get shots in their docs office... and pay a copay for each visit!

    Insanity to me.

    Any good doc will let you self inject testosterone because it's pretty damn easy, safe, and much less of a burden to the patient and medical system. However, the average endo knows jack shit about male TRT!

  6. #6
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,670
    Welcome to our world gb! And like Bass said, sorry to see you here. Most times here it seems the guys end up having to educate their doc's themselves regarding proper protocols, etc. Twice a week is awesome btw. As long as he gives you the proper amount "to go" then how you do it is your call! If I may ask, what pushed you over the hump to our world specifically?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Fla
    Posts
    4,724
    Great AVI Gbrice!

    BTW, if you do get put on a TRT protocol make sure to discuss HPTA suppression and the need for hCG to keep it in tact.

    And don't forget the most likely use of an Aromatase Inhibitor.

    And no matter what no injections once every two weeks...needs to be weekly or twice weekly...think half life.

    Welcome here bro!

    gd

  8. #8
    JohnnyVegas's Avatar
    JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    5,963
    I have been self-injecting from the start. My doctor never protested me doing it myself, but he is an anti-aging/TRT/HCG diet doctor. Pretty progressive. It will be interesting to see what your endo says.

  9. #9
    Psychoeric210's Avatar
    Psychoeric210 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    166
    I'm part of the "insanity" I pay a copay each time, and I get injected EOW. My levels are good now, but took a lot longer than it should have. Take time to find a good endo, mine sucks, and my reason was because of insurance issues. Good Luck, and wish ya the best!

  10. #10
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    i'd like to see the results of that question actually...ive read many of posts where guys said they had to go in to the doctors for shots but never really find out if they eventually graduate to self inject or not....i know we always promote that for the just the hassel of going there so often....

    hrt just stated that they have the nerve to charge an office visit each time...so your paying a copay...so the insurance is paying each visit...wow

    i also have been self inject from the get go since graduating from gel(s)

    keep us posted bro

  11. #11
    Psychoeric210's Avatar
    Psychoeric210 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    166
    They will not let me self inject. I've brought it up. sucks. Just waiting on my order to come in so I can save some money. It all depends on the docs, insurance, and how much money you have in your pocket IMHO.

  12. #12
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,357
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    i'd like to see the results of that question actually...ive read many of posts where guys said they had to go in to the doctors for shots but never really find out if they eventually graduate to self inject or not....i know we always promote that for the just the hassel of going there so often....

    hrt just stated that they have the nerve to charge an office visit each time...so your paying a copay...so the insurance is paying each visit...wow

    i also have been self inject from the get go since graduating from gel(s)

    keep us posted bro
    maybe GBrice can start a poll in this thread!

  13. #13
    jdw999's Avatar
    jdw999 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    48
    Do y'all think it's a $ issue or that the doc is concerned that we might abuse the fact that we get test with a script? I know I have been stocking up, just in case. My doc wrote a script for 1 vial a month, 1 vial lasts me for about 3 months. I have 2 unopened in the medicine cabinet and have 3 refills remaining.....

    JD

  14. #14
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    Quote Originally Posted by jdw999 View Post
    Do y'all think it's a $ issue or that the doc is concerned that we might abuse the fact that we get test with a script? I know I have been stocking up, just in case. My doc wrote a script for 1 vial a month, 1 vial lasts me for about 3 months. I have 2 unopened in the medicine cabinet and have 3 refills remaining.....

    JD
    this has always been a scenario/concern

    in my 6 years it seems as if more concerns are through pharmacy(s)

    i used to be able to refill a 10ml vial every month even though the dose/amount in vial werent even close and therefore have some for rainy days

    the last 12 months i've been only able to fill about half that...something like a vial every 2 months....

    got a new script a month ago and am actually filling it this week with a new pharmacy and going to see how this one goes

    its hit or miss

    some can still get each month and some pharmacys count every drop

  15. #15
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by bass View Post
    hey GBrice, sorry to see you in this section, but glad there is TRT to keep you healthy. yes usually they give you the meds and you administer yourself. keep us posted as to what your doc will do. welcome to the adult section!
    Will do. I called yesterday and couldn't get an appt. with this endo until October, WTF!!! I scheduled an appt. with a nurse practicioner in the meantime, but couldn't even get THAT appt. until late August. Sick. I'm going to look for a different one in the meantime, I don't want to wait that long, only to be shot down with my luck.

    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    hey brice. yep absolutely. I get my test cyp/adex at walgreens and have my gf inject me. pm if you want more info.
    Good to know... i'll shoot you a PM if/when the time comes. *fingers crossed*

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw999 View Post
    Same here. Got my first injection at the dr office, since then I either stab myself or have the wife unit do it for me. Seems less painful to do it myself though. Hmmm, wonder if she enjoys my pain?
    You need to record her doing it, then watch it back and take note of her face...

    Quote Originally Posted by HRTstudent View Post
    A lot of guys actually get shots in their docs office... and pay a copay for each visit!

    Insanity to me.

    Any good doc will let you self inject testosterone because it's pretty damn easy, safe, and much less of a burden to the patient and medical system. However, the average endo knows jack shit about male TRT!
    This is what i'm most afraid of... I want somebody who 'gets it'!

    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Welcome to our world gb! And like Bass said, sorry to see you here. Most times here it seems the guys end up having to educate their doc's themselves regarding proper protocols, etc. Twice a week is awesome btw. As long as he gives you the proper amount "to go" then how you do it is your call! If I may ask, what pushed you over the hump to our world specifically?
    Well, my initial interest was piqued mainly due to vanity... and a little self pity. I can't seem to gain any decent muscle beyond where i'm at now (and this just CAN'T be it!!!!), and i'm having a harder time than ever dropping bodyfat. The fact is i'm almost 37, and spent my best years being a fat fvck, ruining my metabolism and hormonal balance (i.e. insulin resistance up the ass, etc), and as a result i'm far below the curve. I'm hoping to level the playing field a bit. However, upon researching, I've come to realize I suffer from a lot of the symptoms of low test - low libido, irritable, never really feel 'good' (i.e. no sense of wellbeing), borderline depressed... and it's been this way for a long time. So now, my goal is much more than physical with regards to TRT.

    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    Great AVI Gbrice!
    Thank you brother!

    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    BTW, if you do get put on a TRT protocol make sure to discuss HPTA suppression and the need for hCG to keep it in tact.

    And don't forget the most likely use of an Aromatase Inhibitor.
    Definitely. I see most people using adex with TRT. What are your (any of you) thoughts on Aromasin ? I've used both (not together) on cycles and seemed to have good results in either case. Just wondering why adex appears to be the AI of choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    And no matter what no injections once every two weeks...needs to be weekly or twice weekly...think half life.

    Welcome here bro!

    gd
    I'm looking at twice weekly for sure. I want stable blood levels, not looking for the up and down thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I have been self-injecting from the start. My doctor never protested me doing it myself, but he is an anti-aging/TRT/HCG diet doctor. Pretty progressive. It will be interesting to see what your endo says.
    Hmm... how do I find one of these progressive docs? I mean... what do I search for? What is your docs primary field - is he/she an endo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoeric210 View Post
    I'm part of the "insanity" I pay a copay each time, and I get injected EOW. My levels are good now, but took a lot longer than it should have. Take time to find a good endo, mine sucks, and my reason was because of insurance issues. Good Luck, and wish ya the best!
    Thank you brother!

    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    i'd like to see the results of that question actually...ive read many of posts where guys said they had to go in to the doctors for shots but never really find out if they eventually graduate to self inject or not....i know we always promote that for the just the hassel of going there so often....

    hrt just stated that they have the nerve to charge an office visit each time...so your paying a copay...so the insurance is paying each visit...wow

    i also have been self inject from the get go since graduating from gel(s)

    keep us posted bro
    Will do. No fvcking way am I going there every week, or even every other week. I'll quit working out before I do that!

    Quote Originally Posted by bass View Post
    maybe GBrice can start a poll in this thread!
    Maybe I will!

  16. #16
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    thats when i started gb...36/37 ...

    and describe it like you did...gains werent equalling what i was putting in

    your gonna love it

  17. #17
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    ^^ I don't want to get too excited, because i'm really worried that i'll be turned down.

  18. #18
    Noles12's Avatar
    Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,336
    My father goes to the doc for only one reason. It is much cheaper in his case.

    He goes EOW and pays a small copay. In comparison to the cost of his medication through his insurance it is much cheaper. The insurance will not cover it

    He has stopped though because he is too lazy to go EOW. For the life of me I do not understand why he would want to feel the way he does when off. He says how he needs to go back but just hates having to go and wait. I try to get him to understand he is complaining about a 10 minute wait twice a month for something that benefits him in so many ways

  19. #19
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    ^^ In my case, the docs office is about 30 mins away (assuming I wind up with the doc I mentioned) and their office hours are all during my work hours... once in a while would be fine, but even twice a month would become problematic.

  20. #20
    Noles12's Avatar
    Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,336
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    ^^ In my case, the docs office is about 30 mins away (assuming I wind up with the doc I mentioned) and their office hours are all during my work hours... once in a while would be fine, but even twice a month would become problematic.
    His issue is somewhat the same. The doc is 20 minutes from his house and office. They are only open during his working hours though he works in sales and pretty much sets his daily schedule so it really shouldnt be an issue for him. I can see how it would be problematic in your case if you do not have the flexibility

    His cost per vial through the pharmacy is outrageous

  21. #21
    jdw999's Avatar
    jdw999 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    His issue is somewhat the same. The doc is 20 minutes from his house and office. They are only open during his working hours though he works in sales and pretty much sets his daily schedule so it really shouldnt be an issue for him. I can see how it would be problematic in your case if you do not have the flexibility

    His cost per vial through the pharmacy is outrageous
    If I had to pay full price, it's still under $100 a vial for me. Test cyp 200/10.

  22. #22
    JohnnyVegas's Avatar
    JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    5,963
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Hmm... how do I find one of these progressive docs? I mean... what do I search for? What is your docs primary field - is he/she an endo?
    I believe he is an internist. He went into "lifestyle medicine" (as I like to call it) as a business decision. HGH, TRT, Botox, HCG diet, skin fillers, etc. Offering things like the HCG diet would normally make me think he was a quack, but I started talking to him about business and quickly realized he really knows what he is doing on the hormone side.

    I would think guys like him would be easy to find at an anti-aging clinic or place that does the other things mentioned above.

  23. #23
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75;604***0
    ^^ I don't want to get too excited, because i'm really worried that i'll be turned down.
    dont get discouraged if you get shot down. I had one doc shoot me down and the next doc started me rite up on injections when I was 25. Been with him for 4 yrs now and he specializes in trt and my insurance covers everything but the hcg .

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Fla
    Posts
    4,724
    If you're in NJ you might want to go see Dr. Johanan Rand...he's one of the best.

    http://healthyagingmedicalcenters.com/

  25. #25
    SEOINAGE's Avatar
    SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,863
    my first shot at the doctors, that I even administered myself, was more money than 3 months of test.

  26. #26
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I believe he is an internist. He went into "lifestyle medicine" (as I like to call it) as a business decision. HGH, TRT, Botox, HCG diet, skin fillers, etc. Offering things like the HCG diet would normally make me think he was a quack, but I started talking to him about business and quickly realized he really knows what he is doing on the hormone side.

    I would think guys like him would be easy to find at an anti-aging clinic or place that does the other things mentioned above.
    Thanks bro, i'll look into them.

    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    dont get discouraged if you get shot down. I had one doc shoot me down and the next doc started me rite up on injections when I was 25. Been with him for 4 yrs now and he specializes in trt and my insurance covers everything but the hcg.
    Awesome!!! HCG and bact. water is cheap enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    If you're in NJ you might want to go see Dr. Johanan Rand...he's one of the best.

    http://healthyagingmedicalcenters.com/
    I am in NJ... thanks for the recommendation, i'll check him out right away!

  27. #27
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    If you're in NJ you might want to go see Dr. Johanan Rand...he's one of the best.

    http://healthyagingmedicalcenters.com/
    Checked out the website and it looked very promising, exactly along the lines of what i'm looking for.

    Just called their office and spoke with one of his associates. Unfortunately, they are a non-insurance based clinic, so nothing other than the bloodwork would be covered. It'd be a $250 consultation fee, and then assuming I get on a program (with these guys I would imagine changes are 99.9% in my favor) i'd be responsible for $150-$200 per month, out of pocket. It's an expense I just cannot afford right now with a 9 month old baby at home. Furthermore, my wife is already VERY skeptical (mainly due to my cycling behind her back in the past)... even if insurance covered 100% of this, it still wouldn't be a closed deal.

    I'm up against a lot here guys... and to be honest, for the first time in my life, I am considering giving up the whole lifestyle... this is pretty much my last ditch effort.

  28. #28
    Ashop's Avatar
    Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,943
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    My first post in the HRT forum... /wave

    I am in the process of making an appt. with an endo - I have a script from my PC to do so. My questions is - if prescribed HRT, is it standard practice to allow one to self administer? If not standard, is it 'allowed' or acceptable in some cases? This office isn't particularly close to my home, and I'd never be able to make it there once a week during their business hours, let along twice a week which would be my ideal dosage timing.
    A good doc will give you a 10ml script,,,have a nurse show you how to inject,,,then send you on your way.
    Explain to you doctor the trouble in making frequent appointments,,gas,,time,,work,,insurance etc....

  29. #29
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Checked out the website and it looked very promising, exactly along the lines of what i'm looking for.

    Just called their office and spoke with one of his associates. Unfortunately, they are a non-insurance based clinic, so nothing other than the bloodwork would be covered. It'd be a $250 consultation fee, and then assuming I get on a program (with these guys I would imagine changes are 99.9% in my favor) i'd be responsible for $150-$200 per month, out of pocket. It's an expense I just cannot afford right now with a 9 month old baby at home. Furthermore, my wife is already VERY skeptical (mainly due to my cycling behind her back in the past)... even if insurance covered 100% of this, it still wouldn't be a closed deal.

    I'm up against a lot here guys... and to be honest, for the first time in my life, I am considering giving up the whole lifestyle... this is pretty much my last ditch effort.

    how would you and your wife feel about the gel or even the patch? my buddy switches from injections to patches every few months and he likes them. women tend to freak when needles are involved...

  30. #30
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    A good doc will give you a 10ml script,,,have a nurse show you how to inject,,,then send you on your way.
    Explain to you doctor the trouble in making frequent appointments,,gas,,time,,work,,insurance etc....
    I definitely will. I'm just happy to see it's not an out of the ordinary request, seems quite common actually.

    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    how would you and your wife feel about the gel or even the patch? my buddy switches from injections to patches every few months and he likes them. women tend to freak when needles are involved...
    Meh... I have a friend who was on Androgel ... but from what I read about it, about 10% actually hits your bloodstream after absorption through the skin? Seems like injections would be the most 'bang for your buck'.

    As for my wife - it's not so much the needles that freak her out (although they do carry that stigma thanks mainly to heroin addicts), it has more to do with the sour taste that has been left as a result of my 'secret' cycling... which happened to involve needles.

  31. #31
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I definitely will. I'm just happy to see it's not an out of the ordinary request, seems quite common actually.



    Meh... I have a friend who was on Androgel ... but from what I read about it, about 10% actually hits your bloodstream after absorption through the skin? Seems like injections would be the most 'bang for your buck'.

    As for my wife - it's not so much the needles that freak her out (although they do carry that stigma thanks mainly to heroin addicts), it has more to do with the sour taste that has been left as a result of my 'secret' cycling... which happened to involve needles.
    sounds like you made your bed with that one. yea androgel sucks. my doc even says so. injections all the way. hopefully you can get her on board and educate her on the dif between steroids and trt.

  32. #32
    FONZY007's Avatar
    FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    2,461
    Don't give up GB, i went to my gp and he sent me to my endo. My endo didn't know shít, I was with him for 5 years until he kicked me to the curb lol. So I went back to the GP and showed him my vial and prescription that is writing on the box and he was like I'll call it in.. Nice fvck my endo

    You will feel better, without it I had a hard time with fat and energy
    Last edited by FONZY007; 06-21-2012 at 01:26 PM.

  33. #33
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    sounds like you made your bed with that one. yea androgel sucks. my doc even says so. injections all the way. hopefully you can get her on board and educate her on the dif between steroids and trt.
    Pretty much (made my bed). We talked a bit yesterday and she is willing to at least consider and learn a bit about this... and yes, big big difference between TRT and cycling.

    Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007 View Post
    Don't give up GB, i went to my gp and he sent me to my endo. My endo didn't know shít, I was with him for 5 years until he kicked me to the curb lol. So I went back to the GP and showed him my vial and prescription that is writing on the box and he was like I'll call it in.. Nice fvck my endo

    You will feel better, without it I had a hard time with fat and energy
    Thanks for your support brother. I am really looking forward to feeling better all around!! I NEED this!!

  34. #34
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,670
    gb see if some of the search avenues on the Finding A TRT Physician sticky are of any help to you.

  35. #35
    Shol'va's Avatar
    Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    A Rock And A Hard Place
    Posts
    8,925
    Gbrice you've come way too far now to give it up. It's guys like you I look up to on here and gives me my inspiration to bulk up, uhum, any way possible. And I saw what it did for you and Haz and the others and see how far you've come and how it makes you feel about yourself. So I hope you can get on the TRT bandwagon with your wife's approval and be able to also blast and cruise with the left overs from the monthly subscriptions of 10ml test. So lets see now at 10 ml and 200 mg per ml and 125 weekly maintenance shots how much is left over in each bottle per month.. Some of the guys at my gym, that's what they do and by saving the leftovers they have enough to do a decent blast 2 to 3 times a year. Of course it's not Tren but hey you know where to get that when you save up enough hiding money. And Dammit she doesn't need to know everything about the situation now does she? After all a married man's entitled to a few secrets. Hey I'm just tryin to help you see the light here.

  36. #36
    Shol'va's Avatar
    Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    A Rock And A Hard Place
    Posts
    8,925
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    My first post in the HRT forum... /wave

    I am in the process of making an appt. with an endo - I have a script from my PC to do so. My questions is - if prescribed HRT, is it standard practice to allow one to self administer? If not standard, is it 'allowed' or acceptable in some cases? This office isn't particularly close to my home, and I'd never be able to make it there once a week during their business hours, let along twice a week which would be my ideal dosage timing.
    What you might want to do to save yourself some time and grief is call around to different Endo's and ask them if the Doctor there prescribes testosterone injections for male patients with low T or only the gel to sort out those that won't prescribe you shots. And then go to the one's who prescribe the shots and tell them some bunk story about how your wife is a nurse at a local family practice and she will be administering your shots at home to save you the weekly trips to his office and tying up his time. It's a win win. Man you wouldn't believe all the tricks I learn at the gym by talking to the older guys there on TRT. When I have to go on it I'm ready with my story to tell the doc in order to get my own supply. But don't tell anyone though. lol

  37. #37
    Brohim's Avatar
    Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Checked out the website and it looked very promising, exactly along the lines of what i'm looking for.

    Just called their office and spoke with one of his associates. Unfortunately, they are a non-insurance based clinic, so nothing other than the bloodwork would be covered. It'd be a $250 consultation fee, and then assuming I get on a program (with these guys I would imagine changes are 99.9% in my favor) i'd be responsible for $150-$200 per month, out of pocket. It's an expense I just cannot afford right now with a 9 month old baby at home. Furthermore, my wife is already VERY skeptical (mainly due to my cycling behind her back in the past)... even if insurance covered 100% of this, it still wouldn't be a closed deal.

    I'm up against a lot here guys... and to be honest, for the first time in my life, I am considering giving up the whole lifestyle... this is pretty much my last ditch effort.

    What are your test #'s? You don't need to give up the lifestyle just maybe tone it down some. Dont' worry about gaining muscle but continue to workout and eat a balanced diet.

  38. #38
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    gb see if some of the search avenues on the Finding A TRT Physician sticky are of any help to you.
    Thanks Kel... hadn't noticed the section!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Gbrice you've come way too far now to give it up. It's guys like you I look up to on here and gives me my inspiration to bulk up, uhum, any way possible. And I saw what it did for you and Haz and the others and see how far you've come and how it makes you feel about yourself. So I hope you can get on the TRT bandwagon with your wife's approval and be able to also blast and cruise with the left overs from the monthly subscriptions of 10ml test. So lets see now at 10 ml and 200 mg per ml and 125 weekly maintenance shots how much is left over in each bottle per month.. Some of the guys at my gym, that's what they do and by saving the leftovers they have enough to do a decent blast 2 to 3 times a year. Of course it's not Tren but hey you know where to get that when you save up enough hiding money. And Dammit she doesn't need to know everything about the situation now does she? After all a married man's entitled to a few secrets. Hey I'm just tryin to help you see the light here.
    First - DAMN!! Haven't seen/talked to you in forever! How are you?

    Second - thanks for your support and kind words bro. Re: the bold - I want to be 100% on the up and up with my wife. I owe her that much after what I've put her through, and the fact that she stuck with me through recent hard times. Living in a dishonest marriage can bring no good. I learned my lesson the hard way. I see much clearer now and have my priorities in order. I care about her and my son more than myself, therefore if I had to give this all up for them, i'd do it without a second thought. She's willing to listen and learn about TRT; that's the most I can ask for at this point, and a great start.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    What you might want to do to save yourself some time and grief is call around to different Endo's and ask them if the Doctor there prescribes testosterone injections for male patients with low T or only the gel to sort out those that won't prescribe you shots. And then go to the one's who prescribe the shots and tell them some bunk story about how your wife is a nurse at a local family practice and she will be administering your shots at home to save you the weekly trips to his office and tying up his time. It's a win win. Man you wouldn't believe all the tricks I learn at the gym by talking to the older guys there on TRT. When I have to go on it I'm ready with my story to tell the doc in order to get my own supply. But don't tell anyone though. lol
    lol, appreciate the suggestions - i'll have to start coming up with a story!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brohim View Post
    What are your test #'s? You don't need to give up the lifestyle just maybe tone it down some. Dont' worry about gaining muscle but continue to workout and eat a balanced diet.
    Don't have them in front of me, but tbh i'm pretty sure I wasn't tested properly, i.e. I have results for serum test - 586 (348-1197) but don't see total/free anywhere.

  39. #39
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Update:

    I made an appt. with a doc for Tuesday 7/3. It's not a clinic per se, and he's not an endo as far as I know, but specializes in HRT. I knew I found the right guy when the conversation went something like:

    ME: I have a few questions. First, do you deal with hormone replacement therapy?

    DOC: Yes I do.

    ME: Great. Do you work with insurance carriers with regards to this type of treatment?

    DOC: ... ummm.... hmmm... well you could... hmmm... let me think for a minute.... well see.... hmmm... what we could do is.... hmmm.... wait a minute - are you asking about testosterone ?

    ME: Yes, exactly.

    DOC: OH!!! Forgive me, for some reason I thought you were asking about growth hormone !!!!

    ME: Haha, no!!!

    DOC: Ok, well, that's easy!!! I've treated hundreds of patients for TRT.


    Anyway, my point being if this guy was even considering prescribing me growth hormone after 30 seconds on the phone, he's probably a good starting point. He went on to tell me we'd schedule a consultation and bloodwork. He said that if results were to indicate I have hypogonadism, he would write me a prescription to start treatment. He has obviously done this quite a bit.

    So, I go for the appt. this Tuesday, and will schedule bloodwork at a lab. Both will be covered by insurance obviously, it's the damn treatment itself that still worries me. He said that hypogonadism is a medical condition, and as such, insurance SHOULD cover it - but I don't know that they would.

    I asked if I had to come into the office for treatment, or if he'd let me self administer. He said he would definitely let me self administer, but wouldn't give me carte blanche; i.e. I would have to come back from time to time for routine monitoring and/or bloodwork. Obviously, I wouldn't want it any other way.

    The only issue is I kind of recall him saying in summary that if I turn out to have hypogonadism, he'd prescribe me a patch, or gel. I think during my consultation, I have to make clear that the only treatment i'm interested in is injections as from my research and personal friends i've spoken with, the patches, gels et. al. aren't worth it, and are inferior to injections.

    I will also want to discuss (I hope he brings it up as it will show he really knows his shit) running an AI ancillary as well as HCG - fertility is a big issue for me as my wife and I want to have at least one more kid within the next 12 mos. Hopefully that's not a deal breaker (would like your collective thoughts on that).

    So, wish me luck!! If this guy doesn't work out, I have some other names and will make some calls next week. Hopefully this will be the only stop I need... and HOPEFULLY insurance will cover it in some way, shape or form, because if not, that IS a deal breaker for me!

  40. #40
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,357
    don't back down, simply lay it all out on the table and make sure you get the injections, AI and hCG . best of luck to you GB, please keep us posted.

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •