pro2550 is offline New Member

43 yr old male need feed back

Thanks in advance for the input. I am totally new to this whole process... 43 yr old male 5'11" 230lb not sure about bf but I would assume its not good. I am a former wrestler that weighed in around 175 through my 20's. over the past few years i have been under a tremendous amount of stress with my business and have not spent any time in a gym for the past 8 yrs. I have spent the last decade growing my business and having a family. A couple of years ago I started to notice that my life seem to be spinning out of control. I lacked any drive to get up and get going also I was experiencing a tremendous amount of anxiety. It was like i didnt care much about anything or find enjoyment in things i use to. To the point i was forced to sell my business. A friend of my told me about a Dr that i should go see and find out if i was having troubles with my testosterone . The Dr. had me do blood work and the results are as follows. He put me on 100 injectable testosterone cyp./weekly. Plus HCG -250iu x 2/wk, Anastrozole .05mg 2/wk
    i really need some feed back from seasoned posters. hopefully i pasted the info correctly.
    Thanks again

Test Name In Range Out of Range Reference Range Lab
    LIPID PANEL ZQ
    CHOLESTEROL 290 H <200 mg/dL
    TRIGLYCERIDE 131 <150 mg/dL
    HDL CHOLESTEROL 50 >39 mg/dL
    NON-HDL 240 H <160 mg/dL
    LDL CHOLESTEROL,CALC. 214 H <130 mg/dL
    For moderately high risk and high risk cardiac patients reference
    levels of <100 mg/dl and <70 mg/dl, respectively, should be
    considered. Circulation 2004; 110:227-239.
    VLDL CHOLESTEROL 26 0-29 mg/dL
    CHOL/HDL RATIO 5.8 H <5.0
    T3 UPTAKE 26.0 23.4-42.7 % ZQ
    T4 (THYROXINE) 6.4 4.5-12.5 ug/dL ZQ
    T7 INDEX 1.7 1.2-4.3 ZQ
    TSH, HIGH SENSITIVITY ZQ
    TSH 1.30 0.45-4.50 mU/L
    T4 FREE NON-DIALYSIS 1.0 0.8-1.7 ng/dL ZQ
    FSH and LH ZQ
    FSH 2.1 1.5-12.4 mIU/mL
    LH 3.5 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL
    Male Reference Range:
    Prepubertal: <1.1 mIU/mL
    Pubertal: 0.4-7.0 mIU/mL
    Adult: (18 years and older) 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL
    CORTISOL RANDOM 9.1 ug/dL PAZ
    --------------- ---------------
    8:00-10:00 AM 4.0-22.0 ug/dL
    4:00- 6:00 PM 3.0-17.0 ug/dL
    IGF-I, LC/MS QN
    IGF-I, LC/MS 230 52-328 ng/mL

schutterbox is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey man, my dad went through the same thing except a lot worse... lost 50 lbs was down to mid 140's to 150's and looked like he was on his death bed from depression... don't let it get to you, you most definitely need to stay active and keep your mind off of things... if your getting legit juice from your dr. i would absolutely just follow what he's giving you and seeing as though he is giving it to you, i would assume he's going to give you a PCT ( post cycle THERAPY ) of HCG AND CLOMID OR NOVLADEX... if you want to lose weight and tighten up i would suggest taking a bit of equipose ( aka EQ) for the cut up look... but if your Dr. is monitoring you i would honestly just ask him if you think its cool if you threw in a little bit of something else (EQ) or whatever your looking to do, lose weight, gain weight, cut up? whatever it is there are different things to take and you will most def see noticeable changes within the first month of taking cyp, it a faster acting juice with short esters as opposed to a longer ester which you'd find in enanthate ... i hope some of this info helped... any other questions i'll answer for you as well if you like my insight man... Good luck

TennTarheel is offline Associate Member
    Schutter, I'm pretty sure the doc wasn't giving him a cycle. He wants him on hormone replacement bc he feels his body isn't producing enough anymore. He won't need a PCT bc he won't be going off the exogenous Test. The LAST thing he needs to do is screw his hormone balance up more by throwing other shit into the mix. I'm not tryin to be rude, but I just had to correct the bad advice. The OP is starting HRT and wanted some input. Also, CYP and Enanthate have negligible differences. They are very similar as far as onset and half-lives.

Now, OP, did your doc test your Test, Free Test, Estradiol, etc? You sound like you've definitely got low test, but there are several baseline measurements that would be nice to have before putting anything in your system. Take a look at the Sticky "Finding an HRT Doc" or its something close to that. You sound like you have a very knowledgeable doc since he has a great protocol set up for you. You got really lucky finding one on your first try. If you have those other tests, would you put those up as well?

Oh, and again, disregard all the cycle talk in the previous response. That is nonsense for what you are wanting. You just want your life back and to feel better. The fitness will come along as well, which of course is nice. You are in the right place. There are some awesome, intelligent guys on this board that love to help.
    Last edited by TennTarheel; 11-12-2012 at 11:11 PM.

pro2550 is offline New Member
    Thanks for your feed back I thought I had posted my blood work if it has not been done correctly let me know. I would love some more feed back

There's a lot missing from this blood work for a Physician to put you on Testosterone supplementation in my opinion.

Go into kel's thread on finding a TRT Doc and you will see the blood work that you will need.

TennTarheel is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine
    There's a lot missing from this blood work for a Physician to put you on Testosterone supplementation in my opinion.

Go into kel's thread on finding a TRT Doc and you will see the blood work that you will need.
    Hey!! That's what Iiiii said!!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    You can do this. I was out of the gym for seven years and came back to the forum (and the gym) early last year. I had no muscle and 36% body fat. Two years of mostly hard work (I took time off here and there) and muscle is way up and fat is way down.

The test injections will help and it looks like your plan is a solid one. Give it some time, do more blood work and see how your are doing.

In the mean time, start focusing on your diet and working out. Cardio isn't as sexy as lifting, but will have a bigger impact on your body fat. Diet will have the biggest impact.

Hope you feel better soon.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Follow the recommendations of the guys here and you will be in great shape in no time. Like JohnnyVegas said cardio, diet and some lifting. Does wonders

Thread Information