Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pappybay
  • 1 Post By Beethoven

Thread: HRT and plastic surgery?

jay adams is offline Associate Member

HRT and plastic surgery?

Hello ladies and gents. I had surgery for gyne three months ago. My plastic surgeon told me he would give me a free tune up if we decided I could benefit from it after six months. Since I've been on trt and eating/ training correctly my body fat is dropping fast.

I have an appointment next week for a check up and I'm wondering how he'll react finding out I'm on test. I don't want to trip him out but I also don't want to keep anything from my anesthesiologist. I do want to take him up on that tune up. My body fat has gone from 30 to 23 in the last three months. I'm going to get it down to 15 then get the light revision.

What should I tell him? I asked him before I had surgery if I should have my hormones checked and he said "no". After surgery I had my levels checked to prevent a reoccurrence and found out my test was low. (that's how I found out)

What do you guys think? Will he trip and try to charge me because of trt? Should I tell him when I go in for my check up? Im really not down with holding things back from my docs.

Thank you community.

pappybay is offline Junior Member
    You should be fine. I assume he will do the procedure in an ASC or HOPD setting. He will probably already have the TRT listed on your meds so anesthesia will (should) already know. As long as the TRT has not triggered anything which would cause a higher ASA score you should be fine.

I can't speak about whether he should or should not do a tune-up as you mentioned. I would certainly try and hold him to the commitment. He is still addressing the original matter, isn't he?

To understand the ASA scoring system, use google and search for ASA_physical_status_classification_system

I hope this helps a little and best of luck/ congrats on your results from TRT.
    jay adams likes this.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    When surgery or anesthesia is concerned I would never hold any medicinal info back. ( or maybe I watch too much House )
    jay adams likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post
    You should be fine. I assume he will do the procedure in an ASC or HOPD setting. He will probably already have the TRT listed on your meds so anesthesia will (should) already know. As long as the TRT has not triggered anything which would cause a higher ASA score you should be fine.

I can't speak about whether he should or should not do a tune-up as you mentioned. I would certainly try and hold him to the commitment. He is still addressing the original matter, isn't he?

To understand the ASA scoring system, use google and search for ASA_physical_status_classification_system

I hope this helps a little and best of luck/ congrats on your results from TRT.
    Thanks for the reply. I don't think it should be a problem either. I did some reading on the ASA score. It's amazing what you can learn on this site.

I hear ya. I'll be letting him know for sure. My biggest worry was him saying "you've been on testosterone so I'll have to charge you".haha If he's as righteous as I think he is, he should be cool.

Thanks for replying.

pappybay is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jay adams View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I don't think it should be a problem either. I did some reading on the ASA score. It's amazing what you can learn on this site.

No problem. Best of luck to you. I am sure things will turn out fine.

Thread Information