Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Mp859
  • 1 Post By AD
  • 2 Post By Ryanmcd
  • 1 Post By EverettCD
  • 1 Post By mkt_cycle

Thread: starting clomid tomorrow

Exclamation starting clomid tomorrow

got my script from shippen and picked up the clomid today....4 ''50 mg'' tabs..supposed to take 25 mg per day for 7 days before bed.

I am making this thread looking for reassurance. Clomid terrifies me..im scared ill go blind or **** my eyes up, also heard it makes people suicidal, raises cholesterol...but very scared about the eyes...sometimes my eyes are blurry anyway.

btw should i be taking it on a full stomach and do i need a pill cutter or could i use my hands?

i was a little upset that shippen didnt order me any thyroid tests...just total t, shbg, estradiol, and some adrenal hormones...oh and igf-1 which im curious of.

also curious if i need to refrain from masturbating for the whole week during test?

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Two of my buddies took clomid during PCT after a cycle with no issues, but I am unsure on dosage. Don't think it matters if you take with food or not, maybe check in the PCT section for details. To cut, use a good ol fashioned rasor blade. If larger in size, a pill cutter will work fine but I prefer razor blade.

So I assume he is doing a PCT or sorts to see if your natural test level raises? If not, then what is his plan, test?

EverettCD is offline Member
    I have a cheap-o pill cutter that my wife picked up at Wallyworld, it works well even with tiny tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by FRDave View Post
    Two of my buddies took clomid during PCT after a cycle with no issues, but I am unsure on dosage. Don't think it matters if you take with food or not, maybe check in the PCT section for details. To cut, use a good ol fashioned rasor blade. If larger in size, a pill cutter will work fine but I prefer razor blade.

So I assume he is doing a PCT or sorts to see if your natural test level raises? If not, then what is his plan, test?
    he is doing a ''clomid stimulation test'' he wants to see if the clomid raises my test to diagnose primary or secondary...i get blood work on morning of eigth day..he wrote a note to me saying if i feel better i can refill and take mwf 25 mg...but im absolutely terrified to even take it for a week lol.

25 mg is supposed to be a fairly low dose...but i occasionally get tracers and blurriness anyway like when waking up or before bed..so scared this may make me blind which i really dont want.

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifterty16
    he is doing a ''clomid stimulation test'' he wants to see if the clomid raises my test to diagnose primary or secondary...i get blood work on morning of eigth day..he wrote a note to me saying if i feel better i can refill and take mwf 25 mg...but im absolutely terrified to even take it for a week lol.

25 mg is supposed to be a fairly low dose...but i occasionally get tracers and blurriness anyway like when waking up or before bed..so scared this may make me blind which i really dont want.
    Ya, it's nothing I would want to take long term. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Good luck. You gotta start somewhere.

ctenosaura is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerlifterty16 View Post
    also curious if i need to refrain from masturbating for the whole week during test?
    Then just just find some hot chick to bang

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I take clomid with no sides other than I get kind of emotional but that is only with higher doses 100mg<
    powerlifterty16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ctenosaura View Post
    Then just just find some hot chick to bang
    that stuff has always been a struggle for me lol

it really upsets me that thyroid labs werent ordered from shippen considering my tsh was like 3.8...should i call and ask if i could get thyroid labs...i dont want to piss him off, but i am paying 600 dollars....

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifterty16
    it really upsets me that thyroid labs werent ordered from shippen considering my tsh was like 3.8...should i call and ask if i could get thyroid labs...i dont want to piss him off, but i am paying 600 dollars....
    I would have asked during consultation. Odd he didn't request labs seeing your old labs are that high. Yes, I would call and request. Just be cool about it.

Quote Originally Posted by FRDave View Post
    I would have asked during consultation. Odd he didn't request labs seeing your old labs are that high. Yes, I would call and request. Just be cool about it.
    i never had a consultation with him. he isnt seeing me until november. basically the way he works is you send him all your labs and a letter explaining what's wrong, and then he faxes you the clomid test and labs to do.
    yeah you're right i should call, im driving 2 hours to see him, and paying a lot of money, so i deserve thyroid labs.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i love this study

Clomiphene citrate is safe and effective for long-te... [BJU Int. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

everyone is different. but at a low dose for a short time(1wk), i don't think you need to worry.

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    I take clomid with no sides other than I get kind of emotional but that is only with higher doses 100mg<
    Of course, it raises your estrogen

just took my first dose of clomid...shippen prescribed 4 50 mg tabs and im supposed to take one half tab per night..so i have to cut them...of course i mutilated the pills....tried breaking them with my hand and using a knife lol...dont have a pill cutter..they came out mostly formed..but some pieces fell apart from the inside...should be good enough right? i broke all 4.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    you don't have to worry about 25mg ed for a week or a year for that matter, plenty of bros have sides with clomid and for the most part their dose is to high and overkill

Ryanmcd is offline Associate Member
    Just do what he says, he's trying to figure out your issues. Also I would not do too many things at 1 time that's prob why he did nothing with the thyroid yet, don't want to add 100 things in and have no idea what did what. If he gives you T4/T3 and your test goes up and he give you Clomid then what did what? Again as I said he is SMARTER then you at this and 99.999% of the people that post here.

I think you should stay off the internet until he fixes you lol, Random internet person or a world class doc... Hmm who would I trust?

But, but, but........ If it's on the ole interweb it's gotta be true.....

Sent from my iPhone that was manufactured in a sweat shop in China

just took my first dose of clomid...shippen prescribed 4 50 mg tabs and im supposed to take one half tab per night..so i have to cut them...of course i mutilated the pills....tried breaking them with my hand and using a knife lol...dont have a pill cutter..they came out mostly formed..but some pieces fell apart from the inside...should be good enough right? i broke all 4.
    any thoughts on this

Quote Originally Posted by j4ever41 View Post
    you don't have to worry about 25mg ed for a week or a year for that matter, plenty of bros have sides with clomid and for the most part their dose is to high and overkill
    my eyes feel a bit weaker today but maybe im imagining it bro....they felt weaker 2 mins after i took my pill before bed.so prob placebo lol.

Ryanmcd is offline Associate Member
    my eyes feel a bit weaker today but maybe im imagining it bro....they felt weaker 2 mins after i took my pill before bed.so prob placebo lol.

Sounds like you need a MENTAL doc man lol. Holyshit do you worry about everything, why don't you CALM down. You sound like the retards that after taking 1 shot of Test say, Man I feel better already and it's only 30min.

Get you MENTAL under control as that maybe your issue because you worry about everything.
    EverettCD and JohnGalt like this.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanmcd View Post
    Sounds like you need a MENTAL doc man lol. Holyshit do you worry about everything, why don't you CALM down. You sound like the retards that after taking 1 shot of Test say, Man I feel better already and it's only 30min.

Get you MENTAL under control as that maybe your issue because you worry about everything.
    calling people retards...really classy....lol

Relax & let the medication run it's course. If it works, GREAT problem solved, if not no big deal life will go on. Do what your Dr prescribes you next & see what happens if the Clomid doesn't do the trick. Creating a better quality of life takes time & patience.

Patience is key.

Quote Originally Posted by EverettCD View Post
    Relax & let the medication run it's course. If it works, GREAT problem solved, if not no big deal life will go on. Do what your Dr prescribes you next & see what happens if the Clomid doesn't do the trick. Creating a better quality of life takes time & patience.

Patience is key.
    i am taking my second dose tonight.

mkt_cycle is offline Junior Member
    Hey bro, stop worrying! I can tell you that after being on Clomid for about 4-5 months, I haven't had any side effects other than a raised testosterone level-- not much higher but still. Good luck. By the way, I take 50mg/day.

Quote Originally Posted by mkt_cycle View Post
    Hey bro, stop worrying! I can tell you that after being on Clomid for about 4-5 months, I haven't had any side effects other than a raised testosterone level-- not much higher but still. Good luck. By the way, I take 50mg/day.
    do you feel any better? i feel the same

do you feel any better? i feel the same

Were you on TRT prior to this?

I was on injections for 5 years and I stopped cold turkey in December of '12 for a few months. Even during those few months completely off I felt ok. I started Clomid last April. I feel good on the on it but there was kind of a 'high' from the injections that is gone now. My doc says that is normal because exogenous testosterone can produce a sense of well-being/euphoria--which I definitely felt. Clomid, not being a steroid , can't be expected to produce the same feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by mkt_cycle View Post
    Were you on TRT prior to this?

I was on injections for 5 years and I stopped cold turkey in December of '12 for a few months. Even during those few months completely off I felt ok. I started Clomid last April. I feel good on the on it but there was kind of a 'high' from the injections that is gone now. My doc says that is normal because exogenous testosterone can produce a sense of well-being/euphoria--which I definitely felt. Clomid, not being a steroid, can't be expected to produce the same feeling.
    nope never done trt.
    whyd u stop trt, and do you feel the same on clomid as u did before trt?

VTX1800 is offline Associate Member
    Get a pill cutter for $3 at Walmart I've been on 25 mgs for 5 months and my eyes are perfect. Relax, calm down and watch your t levels raise!

nope never done trt.
    whyd u stop trt, and do you feel the same on clomid as u did before trt?
    I stopped because I had a '0' sperm count--after a couple months off it was back to normal.

It's hard to say if I feel any different now from pre-TRT because it was so long ago. But I actually felt fine before TRT (my level was around 300). I went on it for the 'anabolic ' side of it.

do you blast or do you just maintain trt levels? How old were you when you went on?
    vtx1000, ive taken it for 3 days, feel the same, im guessing my t wont change much, but we will see.

do you blast or do you just maintain trt levels? How old were you when you went on?
    vtx1000, ive taken it for 3 days, feel the same, im guessing my t wont change much, but we will see.
    No, never blasted but for a couple years I was on 200mg e/w. My doc didn't require bloodwork or anything so when I did have it checked it was at 1800. He cut the dose in half lol. Probably wasn't the healthiest thing to have maintained that high level for a couple years. I started when I was about 30.

Thread Information