Failure is offline Associate Member

The wrong way to measure injections

So, after 5 shots I realized that I am looking very low in the bottle of Test. It looks to be 2 shots maximum left. I have been flipping the bottle upside down and drawing to the .5cc line(my dose).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Needle2.JPG 
Views:	3367 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	143878

I thought this was the right way to do it BUT when you draw the liquid back to the very first dash, where the syringe actually starts the measurement, I have been injecting .1cc too much for all of the previous shots. The tip can hold .1cc in the needles provided. Now I am at least 1 shot, .5cc, too short.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Needle1.JPG 
Views:	3728 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	143877

I know this is second nature to some of you but to newbs like me it wasn't. So just a heads up to the new guys that can't read a syringe.

TLDR; I'm an idiot.
    Last edited by Failure; 09-06-2013 at 10:24 PM. Reason: added pics

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure
    So, after 5 shots I realized that I am looking very low in the bottle of Test. It looks to be 2 shots maximum left. I have been flipping the bottle upside down and drawing to the .5cc line(my dose). I thought this was the right way to do it BUT when you draw the liquid back to the very first dash, I have been injecting .1cc too much for all of the previous shots. The tip can hold .1cc in the needles provided. Now I am at least 1 shot, .5cc, too short.

I know this is second nature to some of you but to newbs like me it wasn't. So just a heads up to the new guys that can't read a syringe.

TLDR; I'm an idiot.
    Use a syringe that is listed as 'no dead space' and your good to go.

that confuses me and makes me think id screw up too..u lived up to your name though

If you draw to the .5cc line and pull the plunger back so the top of the liquid is at the very first dash then the plunger is sitting at the .6cc line. Thats what I meant to say.

And yes, I do live up to my name.

Moparman is offline Associate Member
    Lol. After 6 months I realize I've not been taking this extra space into account either.

But think of this- when u inject, the amount in the tip doesn't go in. The tip stays filled so unless your anal like me and put an airspace in the syringe to get that amount out, then you're not injecting .1 extra. You're just throwing it away.

A trick someone on here told me was to draw out the tip amount using a slin pin and inject it all. I usually do my Hcg the same day as my test so I inject the test using the air bubble trick. That usually gets most of the test in the tip out. Then I fill my slin pin with Hcg and suck the rest of the test out of my test syringe tip and inj that combo sq.

Oh ya. One more thing. I've measured the amount left in the tip and its not really .1cc. It's more like .05cc. That's only a smidgen.

In the needles that were given to me, the swappable tip ones, it measures to .1.
    Last edited by Failure; 09-06-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    I do the air bubble approach sub Q. When I get the desired amount in my syringe I pull it out of the bottle and back it off to suck enough air into it to fill the dead space. With air at needle end, I swap to the injection size needle instead of the draw needle. No oil in removed tip. Turn syringe over so needle is down and lightly tap. This brings air pocket to the plunger side. I then inject it into my abdomen while slightly leaning back with the needle at a slight angle to keep air at top. When I am done, all that is left is air.

I do the same with HCG also. Both seem to work fine for me and I don't feel like I have wasted any of my valuable resources.
    Last edited by Brett N; 09-05-2013 at 09:18 AM.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    I thought that was why the plunger had a cone or point on it, helps keep waste minimal and you measure to the base of plunger where it touches the sidewall initially from the direction of the cone side? or are you measuring from the point to the line for your mistake, this post just has me confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    So, after 5 shots I realized that I am looking very low in the bottle of Test. It looks to be 2 shots maximum left. I have been flipping the bottle upside down and drawing to the .5cc line(my dose). I thought this was the right way to do it BUT when you draw the liquid back to the very first dash, I have been injecting .1cc too much for all of the previous shots. The tip can hold .1cc in the needles provided. Now I am at least 1 shot, .5cc, too short.

TLDR; I'm an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    In the needles that were given to me, the swappable tip ones, it measures to .01.
    Wait. In the first post you said .1cc. And the second .01cc. That's a huge diff.

I just rechecked my tip volume. It's dam near .05cc

I said in the first post .1cc and yes I meant .1 cc not .01cc. If it was .01cc I wouldn't care. Added pics to first post for clarification.

Thread Information