Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Noticing a bit of mood change

BigPimpin76 is offline Senior Member

Noticing a bit of mood change

Hey Bros,

I have been noticing mood swings in terms of anger...
    Is there something I can take for that or will it settle down a bit?

Sent from my iPad using Forum

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpin76 View Post
    Hey Bros,

I have been noticing mood swings in terms of anger...
    Is there something I can take for that or will it settle down a bit?

From my knowledge, some people experience this. I did. Goes with the territory. Give it some time.

Meanwhile, we all have the power of choice. That's the central factor. We can be critical of ourselves if we see our minds going in directions we can't respect ourselves for. Conscious choice. It's either respect or contempt. No in between.

There is no medication to improve our ethics.

sweatymoo is offline Junior Member
    Very well said sox.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox
    From my knowledge, some people experience this. I did. Goes with the territory. Give it some time. Meanwhile, we all have the power of choice. That's the central factor. We can be critical of ourselves if we see our minds going in directions we can't respect ourselves for. Conscious choice. It's either respect or contempt. No in between. There is no medication to improve our ethics.
    Nice Point of view!! Like

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Will this go away with time?

EasyDoesIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you are just on low dose Trt yes i believe it will go away.

Will this go away with time?

From my experience anger just doesn't "go away". We always have the potential to be angry - about anything - on TRT or not on TRT.

I learned that there are two kinds of anger; a good anger that makes us feel proud and a small, petty anger that always makes us feel ashamed. Example: I'm angry that in this country our economy favors the wealthy few at the expense of the many and so many people suffer as a result. I'm angry that the big banks blew up our economy and the middle class was left holding the bag to bail them out. A small, petty anger: Getting totally enraged when someone cuts us off while driving, or seething when someone doesn't recognize our accomplishment and gives us the praise we felt we deserved. Or getting angry that someone didn't speak to you in the right "tone". There's a big difference between these.

My advice: Don't be easy on yourself and give yourself any excuses - TRT or not.
    Last edited by 2Sox; 12-17-2013 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Typos
    dreadnok89 likes this.

sfgiantsfan55 is offline Associate Member
    im the oddball here most likely.

Im angry ALOT, more like , its just below the surface (work, traffic, family crap), etc....i think TRT has mellowed me a bit... i mean as far as my mood goes..the main reason i do TRT is that to be honest im WAY more jacked than i have ever been (about 18lbs non fat mass since i stared about 9 months ago).... im obviously not a bodybuilder type guy.. but i do love to hit the gym and work out... never had results just fall out of the sky like that.. moods improved, lift poundages way up , much more muscle mass.. its been a blessing to me (maybe all that is why i feel better idk)..(and thats just getting my T levels into the normal range)

From my experience anger just doesn't "go away". We always have the potential to be angry - about anything - on TRT or not on TRT. I learned that there are two kinds of anger; a good anger that makes us feel proud and a small, petty anger that always makes us feel ashamed. Example: I'm angry that in this country our economy favors the wealthy few at the expense of the many and so many people suffer as a result. I'm angry that the big banks blew up our economy and the middle class was left holding the bag to bail them out. A small, petty anger: Getting totally enraged when someone cuts us off while driving, or seething when someone doesn't recognize our accomplishment and give us the praise we felt we deserved. Or getting angry that someone didn't speaking to you with the right "tone". There's a big difference between these. My advice: Don't be easy on yourself and give yourself any excuses - TRT or not.
    Another Hit Sox!!
    Taking the time to elaborate for us!!
    What you described about the Banks is nothing but New World Order!
    Blame it on Rotschild and its Klan!!
    Its been manipulated by men Centuries ago to get to this point!!
    We the People are in this mess!!
    Lets live life and do Good for orhers!!
    That will take us to another level
    Cheers

On another note,

As my described sides it seems the Test is doing its effect!!
    Any input??

Are you taking an AI?

Quote Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt
    Are you taking an AI?
    As of now I am not taking an AI..
    Y started my protocol 2 weeks ago!

Any input??

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    My 2c. These are EXTREMELY power drugs and need to be taking seriously. When I started I made the classic mistake of starting with too much. Then when E felt like it was to high I over did AIs. The first 6 weeks I felt worse more then I did better. Now that I'm taking a slow and steady approach and really listening to my body I'm slowly getting dialed in. Don't jump the gun with anything. If your feeling overly aggressive/irritable wait it out for a week or 2. If you feel the same either get BW done and see where your T and E are or maybe start a very low dose of an AI. wait a couple weeks and see if it helps then re evaluate. It's a very slow process but start with the least possible and work your way up. Do t forget it can take weeks to really notice anything. One last piece of advice don't confuse anger with irritability. Estrogen really made me moody and caused me to be a dick to my wife. If I could go back I would keep a daily journal about my mood, sed drive, how my gym session went and overall impressions. It's tough to keep track when your emotions are all over the place. Your injecting hormones into your body, there's gonna be some ups and downs in the beginning for sure. I'd say stick to your protocol for another 2 weeks and see where you are. Don't get to down this haopens to most of us, there is a light at the end of the tunnel

How's your sex drive compared to prior
    Last edited by Machdiesel; 12-17-2013 at 12:49 PM.

As of now I am not taking an AI..
    Y started my protocol 2 weeks ago!

Any input??

Are you self prescribing? If so you need blood work to see e levels and test levels. An AI can help.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would check Estro levels if you havent already

Are you self prescribing? If so you need blood work to see e levels and test levels. An AI can help.
    I live in Central America!
    Been feeling like shit for the last 2 1/2 years. Thought this feeling would go away but nothing. I also didnt do anything until now!
    I have visited a few Uros and nothing!
    As of a few weeks prior to TRT O found a Endo who said to go for TRT.
    Im a in this for 2 1/2 weeks . I am planning to do Bloodwork in a few weeks to see how my Test , Estrogen, Vitamin D Levels are...

By then I will now more

Quote Originally Posted by Juced_porkchop
    I would check Estro levels if you havent already
    Why? Does elvated Estro levels cause aggressiveness ??

Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel View Post
    One last piece of advice don't confuse anger with irritability. Estrogen really made me moody and caused me to be a dick to my wife. If I could go back I would keep a daily journal about my mood, sed drive, how my gym session went and overall impressions. It's tough to keep track when your emotions are all over the place. Your injecting hormones into your body, there's gonna be some ups and downs in the beginning for sure. I'd say stick to your protocol for another 2 weeks and see where you are. Don't get to down this haopens to most of us, there is a light at the end of the tunnel
    These are encouraging words. And your self criticism is to be respected.

However, I would suggest that irritability and anger come from the same place. Think about it. When you're angry or irritable, you're on top of the world, your "mood" and your ego is the most important thing, and the rest of the population is small and unimportant. You're center stage and it was easy to get there. There is purpose in this kind of anger; to make oneself important and the rest of the world a small matter. From my experience, this harmful anger eats away at a person and is destructive in ways we are not even aware of. It's quite different than an anger we can respect ourselves for. I've studied this a good long time and I'm still learning about this every day.

These are encouraging words. And your self criticism is to be respected. However, I would suggest that irritability and anger come from the same place. Think about it. When you're angry or irritable, you're on top of the world, your "mood" and your ego is the most important thing, and the rest of the population is small and unimportant. You're center stage and it was easy to get there. There is purpose in this kind of anger; to make oneself important and the rest of the world a small matter. From my experience, this harmful anger eats away at a person and is destructive in ways we are not even aware of. It's quite different than an anger we can respect ourselves for. I've studied this a good long time and I'm still learning about this every day.
    Yes!! Thanks for the encouraging words my fellow Bro!!

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    These are encouraging words. And your self criticism is to be respected.

However, I would suggest that irritability and anger come from the same place. Think about it. When you're angry or irritable, you're on top of the world, your "mood" and your ego is the most important thing, and the rest of the population is small and unimportant. You're center stage and it was easy to get there. There is purpose in this kind of anger; to make oneself important and the rest of the world a small matter. From my experience, this harmful anger eats away at a person and is destructive in ways we are not even aware of. It's quite different than an anger we can respect ourselves for. I've studied this a good long time and I'm still learning about this every day.
    The reason I said don't confuse anger and irritable is because many people Jump the the conclusion the Test is giving me more aggression/ it's just how it is , when in reality it's prob the esteogen making him moody. And again these are strong hormones the slightest imbalance can effect is tremendously

trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I have just the opposite... my mood has stabilized since I went on HRT.... not moody or angry anymore...

wife thought I would be a raving maniac....

Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    My 2c. These are EXTREMELY power drugs and need to be taking seriously. When I started I made the classic mistake of starting with too much. Then when E felt like it was to high I over did AIs. The first 6 weeks I felt worse more then I did better. Now that I'm taking a slow and steady approach and really listening to my body I'm slowly getting dialed in. Don't jump the gun with anything. If your feeling overly aggressive/irritable wait it out for a week or 2. If you feel the same either get BW done and see where your T and E are or maybe start a very low dose of an AI. wait a couple weeks and see if it helps then re evaluate. It's a very slow process but start with the least possible and work your way up. Do t forget it can take weeks to really notice anything. One last piece of advice don't confuse anger with irritability. Estrogen really made me moody and caused me to be a dick to my wife. If I could go back I would keep a daily journal about my mood, sed drive, how my gym session went and overall impressions. It's tough to keep track when your emotions are all over the place. Your injecting hormones into your body, there's gonna be some ups and downs in the beginning for sure. I'd say stick to your protocol for another 2 weeks and see where you are. Don't get to down this haopens to most of us, there is a light at the end of the tunnel How's your sex drive compared to prior
    Thanks Machdiesel!!
    Nice encouraging words!!

My sex drive has increased a lot!!
    As a matter of fact, last night I woke up with a my fellow Bonner!!
    I was like, yeah maaaan my Bonner is returning!!
    Girls seam more appealing, even the ugly ones....
    So I guess its starting to kick!!

Why? Does elvated Estro levels cause aggressiveness ??

High estro symptoms:
    - Gynecomastia
    - Anxiety & panic attacks
    - Depression
    - Erectile dysfunction
    - Water retention
    - High blood pressure
    - Loss of balance/instability/dizziness
    - Respiratory related concerns
    - Irritability
    - Low libido
    - Insomnia
    - Prostate related issues
    - Crying like a little girl and being emotional all the time
    The two biggest factors that can be correlated are the irritability along with anxiety and panic attacks. Does that make you want to punch everyone that is not moving fast enough in front of you. Yeah they can be confused with aggression, especially if you are not an aggressive person. But if you're hormones are out of whack, it can trigger an aggressive or IRRITABLE reaction when you are not likely to do that. If you are not likely to do that and estro is high irritable may be a more specific word, but OP is new to test and i have found as was myself, i felt like i was more aggressive.
    OP you felt mood swings...

High estro symptoms: - Gynecomastia - Anxiety & panic attacks - Depression - Erectile dysfunction - Water retention - High blood pressure - Loss of balance/instability/dizziness - Respiratory related concerns - Irritability - Low libido - Insomnia - Prostate related issues - Crying like a little girl and being emotional all the time The two biggest factors that can be correlated are the irritability along with anxiety and panic attacks. Does that make you want to punch everyone that is not moving fast enough in front of you. Yeah they can be confused with aggression, especially if you are not an aggressive person. But if you're hormones are out of whack, it can trigger an aggressive or IRRITABLE reaction when you are not likely to do that. If you are not likely to do that and estro is high irritable may be a more specific word, but OP is new to test and i have found as was myself, i felt like i was more aggressive. OP you felt mood swings...
    Thanks for pinning the info you mentioned!!

I am just recently reporting this issue!
    I talked to my wife about it and now she understands the sides!!
    Hope its not E.... Other than that, I feel chilled out!! Happy I'm getting hornier, noticed slight strength doing Crossfit ,
    MY newly reported BONNER YEAHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    From my experience anger just doesn't "go away". We always have the potential to be angry - about anything - on TRT or not on TRT.

I learned that there are two kinds of anger; a good anger that makes us feel proud and a small, petty anger that always makes us feel ashamed. Example: I'm angry that in this country our economy favors the wealthy few at the expense of the many and so many people suffer as a result. I'm angry that the big banks blew up our economy and the middle class was left holding the bag to bail them out. A small, petty anger: Getting totally enraged when someone cuts us off while driving, or seething when someone doesn't recognize our accomplishment and gives us the praise we felt we deserved. Or getting angry that someone didn't speak to you in the right "tone". There's a big difference between these.

My advice: Don't be easy on yourself and give yourself any excuses - TRT or not.
    Good subject touched upon here. I always hate the way steroids are blamed for someone beating or killing people. The news media tends to leave out the fact that the person has been on anti-depressants and history of mental illness. But to be very honest at the higher doses i notice a difference in the aggressive attitude and just hard for me to keep estro in check. It's more than just a Mojo thing. I am 59 and i do not react as well to high doses of test. Even 500mgs per week based on a cycle is a little rough on me in a few ways, i won't get into all of them. On the other hand when i had to throw people out of night clubs i worked in past, the extra test gave me a feeling of being indestructible.
    Overall don't stress the small stuff on test or off, like stated when someone cuts you off, it will eat you alive. You would be bugged all day, especially where i live.

@bigpimpin, i don't know if i missed it, but what is your dosage and are you breaking dosage up into two shots per week?
    Yeah, your wife would be first to notice difference in personality.
    But since you have not had any bloodwork done, i would go ahead and do it around 4-5 weeks so you can see where estro and test levels are. That nice boner you are enjoying can turn to a noodle if hormones aren't in check. Lot's of test does not always equal, big woody! lol
    Best of luck and it does feel good to have that youth back. Seems like if you don't feel like chasing the women, what the heck. Even tho you're married, it's still nice to feel like a youngster again. At least when you're my age it does.

Good subject touched upon here. I always hate the way steroids are blamed for someone beating or killing people. The news media tends to leave out the fact that the person has been on anti-depressants and history of mental illness. But to be very honest at the higher doses i notice a difference in the aggressive attitude and just hard for me to keep estro in check. It's more than just a Mojo thing. I am 59 and i do not react as well to high doses of test. Even 500mgs per week based on a cycle is a little rough on me in a few ways, i won't get into all of them. On the other hand when i had to throw people out of night clubs i worked in past, the extra test gave me a feeling of being indestructible. Overall don't stress the small stuff on test or off, like stated when someone cuts you off, it will eat you alive. You would be bugged all day, especially where i live.
    Dude!! You have NOOOOO idea where I live!! I live in Guatemala City Central America!!
    People have nooo respect neither manners!!
    I will have to take a few breaths and simply chill out!!
    And yeah, this topic is interesting

@bigpimpin, i don't know if i missed it, but what is your dosage and are you breaking dosage up into two shots per week? Yeah, your wife would be first to notice difference in personality. But since you have not had any bloodwork done, i would go ahead and do it around 4-5 weeks so you can see where estro and test levels are. That nice boner you are enjoying can turn to a noodle if hormones aren't in check. Lot's of test does not always equal, big woody! lol Best of luck and it does feel good to have that youth back. Seems like if you don't feel like chasing the women, what the heck. Even tho you're married, it's still nice to feel like a youngster again. At least when you're my age it does.
    Amen Brotha!!

Im on a low protocol to keep things simple!!
    Im a believer that less is more!!
    Im on a 100 mg Wk protocol split twice a week!! Mondays and Fridays!!

Amen Brotha!!

Im on a low protocol to keep things simple!!
    Im a believer that less is more!!
    Im on a 100 mg Wk protocol split twice a week!! Mondays and Fridays!!
    Oh yeah, good call. Your actually on trt dosage. Many refer to there dosage as trt and using 250mgs a week. I know a guy on 100mgs per week and does not use an AI and he is fine. I should have asked that earlier, don't know why i didn't.
    IMO i think you will level out as far as anger, irritabiltiy etc. It did for me, as everyone is different. I notice the aggressive attitude at this stage of game for me on tren , which i have only used short bouts of twice. Sometimes you can read some of these bodybuilding results on the net from harsher drugs like tren and the next thing you know, your cycling hard and your in for life on different compounds. Stay where you're at and your family life etc. will be better off.
    I am actually glad i started very late in life as i was around it all the time. I have a all or nothing personality. :-)

One thing is for as the next step in my agenda..... Getting my BW done in about 2 weeks!
    I want to treat this protocol correctly!
    Its our hormones in play here!!
    Life in us males derives from Testosterone ,
    We are nothing without it!!
    Its horrible to walk around with a Limp Bisquit

Oh yeah, good call. Your actually on trt dosage. Many refer to there dosage as trt and using 250mgs a week. I know a guy on 100mgs per week and does not use an AI and he is fine. I should have asked that earlier, don't know why i didn't. IMO i think you will level out as far as anger, irritabiltiy etc. It did for me, as everyone is different. I notice the aggressive attitude at this stage of game for me on tren, which i have only used short bouts of twice. Sometimes you can read some of these bodybuilding results on the net from harsher drugs like tren and the next thing you know, your cycling hard and your in for life on different compounds. Stay where you're at and your family life etc. will be better off. I am actually glad i started very late in life as i was around it all the time. I have a all or nothing personality. :-)
    LIKE!!!!!

Oh yeah, good call. Your actually on trt dosage. Many refer to there dosage as trt and using 250mgs a week. I know a guy on 100mgs per week and does not use an AI and he is fine. I should have asked that earlier, don't know why i didn't. IMO i think you will level out as far as anger, irritabiltiy etc. It did for me, as everyone is different. I notice the aggressive attitude at this stage of game for me on tren, which i have only used short bouts of twice. Sometimes you can read some of these bodybuilding results on the net from harsher drugs like tren and the next thing you know, your cycling hard and your in for life on different compounds. Stay where you're at and your family life etc. will be better off. I am actually glad i started very late in life as i was around it all the time. I have a all or nothing personality. :-)
    Hey EasyD?.. is that you in you Avatar?
    If so, looking lean Bro!

Hey EasyD?.. is that you in you Avatar?
    If so, looking lean Bro!

Thats me, thats why head chopped off.
    Thx

trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Machdiesel!!
    My sex drive has increased a lot!!
    Girls seam more appealing, even the ugly ones....
    I caught myself watching a chunky young (mid 20's) lady on the stair stepper tonight... Watched her for about 10 minutes before I realized I was staring...
    Man this stuff is great...

Quote Originally Posted by trikydik
    I caught myself watching a chunky young (mid 20's) lady on the stair stepper tonight... Watched her for about 10 minutes before I realized I was staring... Man this stuff is great...
    LMFAO......... That is funny!
    Chunky is always nice Bro! And yeah.... testosterone Goggles!,
    Did the girl notice you staring?

Thats me, thats why head chopped off. Thx
    Damn Bro! Lean!
    Has the TRT healped you in anything by leaning you out?

Damn Bro! Lean!
    Has the TRT healped you in anything by leaning you out?

That was more than TRT. Lol
    But you can gain muscle mass depending on training and diet. Also, harder to grow areas will come about. But it requires PROPER TRAINING AND EATING HABITS. You are still pretty young compared to me, but as you age it is harder to diet and maintain muscle mass. I work out around 5-6 days per week including cardio. Four strong lifting days and then a fifth day including arms and calves. Lately been doing cardio around 4-5 days per week. That pic is a few years old. But not to far from that. I like to stay consistent and not fluctuate. Notice a lot of people where i live that compete are way off when they are not competing. To me that's a waste.

Bros,
    finished my 3 week. Noticed a bit of loss in sex drive....
    Normal right?

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Yea, you are still just getting started. I think you seem to be looking into every little thing like it is a side effect. A lot of them aren't. Placebos can come on strong and feel like they lesson all the time.

Not sure if I said it to you or someone else before but i really didn't feel any TRT effects until about 5-6 weeks. They were subtle and gradually got better. They definitely didn't come on suddenly. I have always been a very angry and irritable person. Since my numbers have balanced on TRT, I feel I am under control of my emotions more. I don't jump the gun on my anger and blow up when I don't really want to.

Loss of sex drive could be high or low E or just a phase you will work through. Keep all of your dosing consistant and when you get your 6 week blood work you can make small adjustments to try and become more dialed in. When you make small adjustments, it will take 2-4 weeks for those adjustments to effect the way you feel. That's why it can take some a long time to become dialed in to what the optimal them is.

Everything that is happening to you, is normal. It's just a process, don't worry about the small things. Just remember, you are going in the direction that it takes for you to become the best you that you can be. Diet an exercise goes a long way also. Nothing gets you horny like your wife of 15 years looking at you like she did when you were younger...or like you were Channing Tatum.

Bros,
    finished my 3 week. Noticed a bit of loss in sex drive....
    Normal right?

Yes, you really need to take 250 iu's HCG 2 x per week. That is the normal recommended dosage. Personally i don't use hcg all the time, i do runs with it, but not constant as many or i should say from reading posts most do. Your testese shrink a bit and natural test production shuts down. But hcg can also boost more test so this is why you need an AI. Adding another compound can effect estro.
    Last edited by EasyDoesIt; 12-21-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information