• 1 Post By 2Sox
  • 1 Post By 2Sox
  • 1 Post By Failure
  • 1 Post By tectime

Thread: Finally found a way to find a TRT Dr. & not waste $$$

BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries

Finally found a way to find a TRT Dr. & not waste $$$

This forum is so good and it has helped me more than my Dr. and now with the Prostate Cancer Scare I have had to find a Urologist and I just thout I would ask the druggist I use at a Compounding Pharmacy to recommend one and he did but the one he recommended was out of net work

BUT , me not the sharpest tool in the shed had a brain storm

I asked the Compounding Pharmicist if they bought their TRT supplies or brewed them and he said we have a client list and we brew a 5 refill supply for all of them at one time ? makes sense to me , right ?

But here is the simple way but as plain as the nose on your face ! This skirts all the priviacy laws and no brainer ! I asked him how many clients he had on TRT and he replied a few dozen ? Then I asked him did he understand the current TRT proticall ? He replied yes and there are some Dr. out there that are clueless and kind of laughed . Then I asked him well could you recommend any local Dr. that take Insurance and have ( What this forum would call standard proticall ) Even asked him did he know a Dr. that took Insurance and prescribed Testosterone Cypionate , HCG , and an AI ? He replied sure where do you live I know a few that prescribe HGH also

So guys I don't know if it was one good ole boy from GA talking to another or if he and any druggist was at liberty to share that type of info but I have 3 to call Monday and he said if none of those accept my Insurance to let him know and he would be happy to give me some more #'s ?

Holy Crap I have been seeking a real local Dr. for a year now and he gave me the top 3 in a 30 mile radius and they are uroligist also to check my prostate Cancer Due to a 7 PSA reading!

I thought this was so simple why has a smart guy not already thought of this approach ?

So I will post up my findings and results ! All wish me luck on the Prostate issue but just as importat my TRT
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 01-04-2014 at 08:42 PM.

j2048b is offline Associate Member
    Yup if u use google earth and type in compounding pharmacies, as ive told a million people todo in the past, u simply call each compounding pharmacy and ask who they would recommend towards trt and ask all the questions uve listed and call each doc for a telephone interview and choose the one u feel YOU would benefit most from!

Glad to see others are going this route as well! Especially if u can find a good doc who will prescribe everything un need plus some

no0ne23 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    He replied sure where do you live I know a few that prescribe HGH also
    I'd love to know what you find out about the HGH options. My baselines are low and I'd like to find a doc in GA that will check & treat low GH vs. mystery overseas options via the Internet. I'm changing TRT docs this month and was hoping the new doc will look at GH since the current anti-aging clinic won't even discuss with me now.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

OP's RESPONSE

Quote Originally Posted by no0ne23 View Post
    I'd love to know what you find out about the HGH options. My baselines are low and I'd like to find a doc in GA that will check & treat low GH vs. mystery overseas options via the Internet. I'm changing TRT docs this month and was hoping the new doc will look at GH since the current anti-aging clinic won't even discuss with me now.

Thanks!
    Sure thing gentlemen ! I will post all experiences I have with this new to me way to find a qualified TRT Dr. ! With regards to the mention of a Telephone interview . . . . . I am not sure where you are from but I have asked in more than one post & pm's and that was why I titlled this post " Finally found a way to find a TRT Dr. & not waste $$$ " ! I have shared my experiences and issues with Dr.'s in the state of Georgia ! They will tell you on the phone that they treat TRT with the latest and up to date proticall ? But you will need to make an appointment for details ! This gets rather pricey FAST trying to use INSURANCE at $50.00 co- pay for an office visit , only to be told you are at 338 and in the normal range & or all you need is Gel ? WTF ?

I already have a quack prescribing 200 mg of Cypionate EOW & 1 mg of generic Adex every day, still refuses HCG & my nuts hurt & he said that is that HCG diet fad & he was not going to be involved with it ? WTF + after reading on this very forum I understand how to read & understand the blood panel better than he does ? He is clueless to how the #'s relate to one another & we all know this Dr. scripted me & never even knew what or why he was prescribing, nor did he know what optiminal is and he doesn't know how to read a proper & complete blood panel ! He is not alone in his incopentance nor do many other Dr.'s who claim to treat TRT ? They don't know what professional treatmentment is or how important the needs are that they carelessly prescribe & many Dr.'s harm more than they help & are just chasing the dollar & are cluless to proper TRT proticall !

I did not find one practice that would answer any questions with regards to proticall on the phone ! SO TO FIND OUT THE DR. YOU ARE SEEKING IS $50.00 PER VISIT AND YOU GET THE SOS ! A HALF ASSED PROTICALL AND ANOTHER WASTED CO-PAY !

I WILL NOT KNOW UNTIL MONDAY HOW THE PHAMMACIST ROUTE WILL WORK OUT ! I WILL POST MY EXPERIENCES AND THE REPLIED FROM THE DIFFERENT DR.'s !
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 01-05-2014 at 02:07 PM.
    j2048b likes this.

Novice489 is offline Associate Member
    Keep us posted. I'm in the mid 300's and having a hell of a time finding a doc who will take my levels seriously. I'm interested!

Mr Bill is offline Junior Member
    This is how I found my doc. I have a local compounding phamicist that gave me a list of doc's in my area that treated with Test, AI, and HCG . I was going to a clinic at $900 for 90 day supplies. Now with a local doc that is in my insurance pool it's under $50 for copay.
    j2048b likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    This is how I found my doc. I have a local compounding phamicist that gave me a list of doc's in my area that treated with Test, AI, and HCG. I was going to a clinic at $900 for 90 day supplies. Now with a local doc that is in my insurance pool it's under $50 for copay.
    And I am asking do you pay a little more when BW is done ?

Mr Bill is offline Junior Member
    I have a $10 copay for lab work

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    Keep us posted. I'm in the mid 300's and having a hell of a time finding a doc who will take my levels seriously. I'm interested!
    this is why i had to go to the clinic route first, until i had my base down, of using trt for about 6 months to 1 year, then went the local doctor route! only way my local doc would do anything for me was i had to show that a doctor othr than him was willing to work with my levels to justify my local doc scripting me my test, now hcg and ai's if needed i buy elsewhere and its cheap...

Sure thing gentlemen ! I will post all experiences I have with this new to me way to find a qualified TRT Dr. ! With regards to the mention of a Telephone interview . . . . . I am not sure where you are from but I have asked in more than one post & pm's and that was why I titlled this post " Finally found a way to find a TRT Dr. & not waste $$$ " ! I have shared my experiences and issues with Dr.'s in the state of Georgia ! They will tell you on the phone that they treat TRT with the latest and up to date proticall ? But you will need to make an appointment for details ! This gets rather pricey FAST trying to use INSURANCE at $50.00 co- pay for an office visit , only to be told you are at 338 and in the normal range & or all you need is Gel ? WTF ?

I already have a quack prescribing 200 mg of Cypionate EOW & 1 mg of generic Adex every day, still refuses HCG & my nuts hurt & he said that is that HCG diet fad & he was not going to be involved with it ? WTF + after reading on this very forum I understand how to read & understand the blood panel better than he does ? He is clueless to how the #'s relate to one another & we all know this Dr. scripted me & never even knew what or why he was prescribing, nor did he know what optiminal is and he doesn't know how to read a proper & complete blood panel ! He is not alone in his incopentance nor do many other Dr.'s who claim to treat TRT ? They don't know what professional treatmentment is or how important the needs are that they carelessly prescribe & many Dr.'s harm more than they help & are just chasing the dollar & are cluless to proper TRT proticall !

I did not find one practice that would answer any questions with regards to proticall on the phone ! SO TO FIND OUT THE DR. YOU ARE SEEKING IS $50.00 PER VISIT AND YOU GET THE SOS ! A HALF ASSED PROTICALL AND ANOTHER WASTED CO-PAY !

I WILL NOT KNOW UNTIL MONDAY HOW THE PHAMMACIST ROUTE WILL WORK OUT ! I WILL POST MY EXPERIENCES AND THE REPLIED FROM THE DIFFERENT DR.'s !
    ok so im kind of confused on some of this?:

so your still going to have to call each doc from the list the pharmacist gave u correct?

if so, how do you know they are not going to just make u have an appointment before they will answer any of your questions?

or am i misunderstanding the route to which your going?

i have also tried this route, but as i explained above i WAS able to ask the receptionist the questions i had, to get a better understanding on how that doctor worked...

Blog Entries
    In GA. The repseptionist answers the phone and makes appointments The druggest told me what the Dr.'s scripted and who accepted Insurance from his records.

To answer your question yes I would be trusting the pharmicist and I would make an appointment with the assumption of the proticall . Also in GA. the nurses will not talk to you if you are not a pacient so that part is still a dead end street ?

I was busy with another Dr. today and what would usually cost me $96.00 for a visit to a pain med specialit and all meds ; cost $240.00 today Thanks to the savings from Obama Care that stupid Muslim, Communist, Coward, Lying POS that is a domestic threat to the Constitution of the USA and should be tried for treason yet can not be impeached due to the FACT that he can't produce a legal birth certificate and is holding the Commander an Cheif illegally ! That was a expense of $105.00 + than ever before ? SUCKED and was not perpared for the huge increase !
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 01-28-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Blog Entries
    And I am asking do you pay a little more when BW is done ?
    Yes understood mine was $11.00 last year ? I have no idea this year ?

Any updates to this? Wanted to see how it went for ya?

Blog Entries
    Have been side tracked dealing with Prostate Cancer and other Dr. visits

oh dang! sorry to hear this, i wasnt aware u had pc...i hope it gets taken care of in a timely manner

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    PC has one of the best prognoses of all cancers. Keep the faith. You'll get nothing but support from all of us.

ChrisG217 is offline Junior Member
    good luck bud, I too found a doc that is "open minded"

Blog Entries
    Thank you Gents and I have fought many types of battles in my life and the not knowing what is going on is the worst of all ? I hate to not have confidence in my Dr. but the one that is treating me for current TRT is a pure fraud !

Thanks to the savings from Obama Care that stupid bananna craving Muslim, Communist, Coward, Lying POS that is a domestic threat to the Constitution of the USA and should be tried for treason ! [/B]
    I've been giving some thought to this post over several days and I simply want to say that what you write and express here doesn't belong on this forum. As you know, I tried to speak to you about this in a P.M. suggesting you may want to edit your post - and you did. To something even more inflammatory and offensive on many more levels. This was completely unnecessary. This whole section of your post was completely unnecessary, IMO. (I was hoping it wouldn't be necessary to write to you publicly but I was compelled to do so because of the ugly nature of these statements.)

To state the obvious: This is a TRT forum - a place where we can discuss our concerns and get and give advice. It's a place where people try to encourage each other and make each other stronger - in body and mind. In my view, these statements did just the opposite; they weakened people reading it. They disappointed people. And I think they weakened your mind to write them. Our minds were made for grander things than this.

We all have the right to express our opinions but we also have to take responsibility for them and think about the effect they have on people hearing them. There are black people on this forum. There are Muslim people on this forum. There might be a few Communists on this forum too. There are people on this forum who voted for Obama. You offended them all with what you wrote. No one has the right to do this - whatever his history or background. And in my view, you betrayed the purpose of this forum.

One of the rules of this forum stated by the Administrators is this:
    Please DO NOT have avatars that are religiously, politically, sexually, etc. offensive in ANYWAY to ANYBODY.

I think this should be extended to all posts, as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    I've been giving some thought to this post over several days and I simply want to say that what you write and express here doesn't belong on this forum. As you know, I tried to speak to you about this in a P.M. suggesting you may want to edit your post - and you did. To something even more inflammatory and offensive on many more levels. This was completely unnecessary. This whole section of your post was completely unnecessary, IMO. (I was hoping it wouldn't be necessary to write to you publicly but I was compelled to do so because of the ugly nature of these statements.)

To state the obvious: This is a TRT forum - a place where we can discuss our concerns and get and give advice. It's a place where people try to encourage each other and make each other stronger - in body and mind. In my view, these statements did just the opposite; they weakened people reading it. They disappointed people. And I think they weakened your mind to write them. Our minds were made for grander things than this.

We all have the right to express our opinions but we also have to take responsibility for them and think about the effect they have on people hearing them. There are black people on this forum. There are Muslim people on this forum. There might be a few Communists on this forum too. There are people on this forum who voted for Obama. You offended them all with what you wrote. No one has the right to do this - whatever his history or background. And in my view, you betrayed the purpose of this forum.

One of the rules of this forum stated by the Administrators is this:
    Please DO NOT have avatars that are religiously, politically, sexually, etc. offensive in ANYWAY to ANYBODY.

I think this should be extended to all posts, as well.
    Thank you; I respect you and value your opinion and I am not a Racisist ! I dis-like anyone who perverts the Constitution of the USA Pelosie, Banier, Biden and all of the members of the current admin that have perverted the Constitution of the United States of America , that men fought and died for . These are not opinions they are facts . I think you are an intellegent man ? Is it just possible you expect everyone to be of the same kol-aid mind set as you ! If you search you will find other post who slam your president ! If Admim sends me a pm and ask or tells me to delete the remarks I will but hey are not opinions they are fact and if you will study the federal papers and Constitutional law you will find facts to back up these remarks !

Many people on this forum are from other countries and one member to another , not just me poke fun at them ! This is an adult forum and most are a little more thick skinned than you seem to be ! This is a great forum and offers tons of great and professional info !

You do have the opition to block reading anything I post and if you as possibly the most senior member of this forum are offended I do appoligize to you out of respect for offending my senior male counter part ! However my statement of facts remain with a minor editing. My 65 year old friend lighten up and dwell on something and someone besides me ! I am one person the world is full of people to worry about ! Respectfully yours and hope you will ingore me in the future if I displease you, Oh you have Medicare and this will effect you also when you go to the Dr. I am 100% disabled and this perversion to our constutions effects me a great deal ! ?

Thank you for you educated responses in the past
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 01-28-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Thank you; I respect you and value your opinion and I am not a Racisist ! I dis-like anyone who perverts the Constitution of the USA Pelosie, Banier, Biden and all of the members of the current admin that have perverted the Constitution of the United States of America , that men fought and died for . These are not opinions they are facts . I think you are an intellegent man ? Is it just possible you expect everyone to be of the same kol-aid mind set as you ! If you search you will find other post who slam your president ! If Admim sends me a pm and ask or tells me to delete the remarks I will but hey are not opinions they are fact and if you will study the federal papers and Constitutional law you will find facts to back up these remarks !

Many people on this forum are from other countries and one member to another , not just me poke fun at them ! This is an adult forum and most are a little more thick skinned than you seem to be ! This is a great forum and offers tons of great and professional info !

You do have the opition to block reading anything I post and if you as possibly the most senior member of this forum are offended I do appoligize to you out of respect for offending my senior male counter part ! However my statement of facts remain with a minor editing. My 65 year old friend lighten up and dwell on something and someone besides me ! I am one person the world is full of people to worry about ! Respectfully yours and hope you will ingore me in the future if I displease you, Oh you have Medicare and this will effect you also when you go to the Dr. I am 100% disabled and this perversion to our constutions effects me a great deal ! ?

Thank you for you educated responses in the past
    I rest my case.

Blog Entries
    I rest my case.
    Respect to you ! Please do not tell me you are not or were a practicing attorney ?
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 01-28-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Respect to you ! Please do not tell me you are not or were a practicing attorney ?
    Nahhh. A retired high school science teacher - and student of philosophy.

Blog Entries
    Nahhh. A retired high school science teacher - and student of philosophy.

OH that explains it then a liberal and kol-aid drinker and I am just a dumb Marine that me and my brothers gave you the ability to teach school in English as opposed to Jap

OH that explains it then a liberal and kol-aid drinker and I am just a dumb Marine that me and my brothers gave you the ability to teach school in English as opposed to Jap
    Cmonnn. Are you trying to push my buttons or just trying to flatter me?

And by the way, I never met any dumb Marines. Just brave ones with lots of guts and an intense love of their country and their comrades .

Failure is offline Associate Member
    Except today.
    Schwarzenegger likes this.

tectime is offline Member
    Buzzard, I sir wish to thank you for your service to our great country!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tectime View Post
    Buzzard, I sir wish to thank you for your service to our great country!
    Thanks ! I am amazed at the ppl on this very forum, who have no idea what they are talking about, dis the US Marines or reason for service, the service given ? Like they have a hot line to the commandant of the Marine Corp ?

themagicstick is offline New Member
    I agree with the Marine. Breaking the constitution is not up for debate. Obama and Bush have been doing it all along. The man is a communist by every definition. Some of his speeches directly quote Karl Marx. This guy has every right to be angry and voice his opinion. Last time I checked this was a steroid forum, not a forum for people with thin skin who tap dance around the world hoping nothing confrontational approaches them while keeping their blinders on. Part of the reason these politicians get away with bankrupting the public is because everybody is afraid to offend everybody and speak their mind. God forbid someone not express a multicultural view or one that someone might be sensitive to. If I put my life on the line for this country and saw the sons of government officials who hadn't served a day in the military or operated a business leading this country while breaking its constitution I'd be equally pissed. In fact I still am pissed. And that's the only way anything is going to change..enough people getting pissed. Let's not forget how and why this country was started.

Or we can be nihilistic multiculturalists and talk about unicorns and pretend everything is alright... all it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. So let's keep doing nothing and bashing the people that want to do something so our sons can live in a country with trillions of dollars in debt and no jobs. Sounds like a great idea.
    Last edited by themagicstick; 01-29-2014 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by themagicstick View Post
    I agree with the Marine. Breaking the constitution is not up for debate. Obama and Bush have been doing it all along. The man is a communist by every definition. Some of his speeches directly quote Karl Marx. This guy has every right to be angry and voice his opinion. Last time I checked this was a steroid forum, not a forum for people with thin skin who tap dance around the world hoping nothing confrontational approaches them while keeping their blinders on. Part of the reason these politicians get away with bankrupting the public is because everybody is afraid to offend everybody and speak their mind. God forbid someone not express a multicultural view or one that someone might be sensitive to. If I put my life on the line for this country and saw the sons of government officials who hadn't served a day in the military or operated a business leading this country while breaking its constitution I'd be equally pissed. In fact I still am pissed. And that's the only way anything is going to change..enough people getting pissed. Let's not forget how and why this country was started.

Or we can be nihilistic multiculturalists and talk about unicorns and pretend everything is alright... all it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. So let's keep doing nothing and bashing the people that want to do something so our sons can live in a country with trillions of dollars in debt and no jobs. Sounds like a great idea.
    You are absolutely right about one thing - this is a steroid forum. Specifically TRT. If you have nothing useful to contribute here on the subject, or if you do not have a question to ask, I'd suggest you try this section:

"Where you can talk about anything you want"
    THE ANABOLIC LOUNGE - Off Topic Discussion

You may find a few like minded people to pass the time with.

Furthermore, in the nearly 740 views to this thread, the members of this forum have exercised tremendous restraint in NOT commenting on the political views that have been expressed. I suspect it's because they know it's not the right place to do so. And I respect them for this. It's disappointing that for your first post, you chose to do otherwise.

So why don't we get back on topic and try to be useful to Buzzard and try to address his concerns?
    Last edited by 2Sox; 01-29-2014 at 08:45 PM.

themagicstick is offline New Member
    TRT is good. Keep estrogen low to lower prostate cancer risk. How is that sir?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by themagicstick View Post
    TRT is good. Keep estrogen low to lower prostate cancer risk. How is that sir?
    I like cilais

Thread Information