Gettingstronger! is offline Junior Member

24 year old finally on TRT

Hi all,

it's been a long process, but I'm finally being prescribed testosterone .

My endocrinologist, at London, as recommended I start my first 3 months with a gel called Testim, at 50mg daily.

I am not after getting bulked, or anything like that. All I want is a return to normal bodyshape, motivations, sexual function and drive.

I have two questions:

Will Testim affect my fertility?
    How soon will I notice a return to my normal self?

This last year has been the worst of my life. I've become a shell of who I was, my fiancé left me, I try to stay positive but it's so hard when you feel no sexuality, no desire for anybody.

Cheers,
    Al

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettingstronger! View Post
    Hi all,

it's been a long process, but I'm finally being prescribed testosterone .

My endocrinologist, at London, as recommended I start my first 3 months with a gel called Testim, at 50mg daily.

I am not after getting bulked, or anything like that. All I want is a return to normal bodyshape, motivations, sexual function and drive.

I have two questions:

Will Testim affect my fertility?
    How soon will I notice a return to my normal self?

This last year has been the worst of my life. I've become a shell of who I was, my fiancé left me, I try to stay positive but it's so hard when you feel no sexuality, no desire for anybody.

Cheers,
    Al
    Good luck on your journey. It's well worth it.

From my knowledge, all testosterone affects fertility to one degree or another - including gels like Testim. If you dose hCG , you will keep a degree of fertility as many on this forum can attest to. Ask them to show the pictures of their kids ;-) Others with first hand experience (regarding children) can comment further on this.

You WILL be feeling better in a very short time. Romance is just around the corner. Honest.

By the way, different men react very differently to gels. Some can be on them for years. For others, gels lose their effectiveness after several months. Just be aware of this. I started on Androgel and switched to shots for this reason and because of the cost factor. Keep us updated.

Gettingstronger! is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    If you dose hCG, you will keep a degree of fertility as many on this forum can attest to. Ask them to show the pictures of their kids ;-) Others with first hand experience (regarding children) can comment further on this.
    Thanks for your kind words.

Was hoping you could elaborate on this - I'm subfertile currently. My asshole endo basically gave me a "this or that" choice between my wellbeing and my fertility. I chose wellbeing.

Can I get fertility back? If I take testim, will I get fertility back if then given HCG ?

Cheers,
    Al

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettingstronger! View Post
    Thanks for your kind words.

Was hoping you could elaborate on this - I'm subfertile currently. My asshole endo basically gave me a "this or that" choice between my wellbeing and my fertility. I chose wellbeing.

Can I get fertility back? If I take testim, will I get fertility back if then given HCG ?

Cheers,
    Al
    You're very welcome.

I've already answered your main question. Read my post again. You can look into hMG to boost your fertility. It's much more expensive so it's usually used for a short time before you're ready to conceive. I know it's sold overseas but I have never purchased it and I don't really know any reliable sources. My parenting time is over anyway.

Thread Information