PJS19 is offline Associate Member

First shot experiences

Hi all. So today I took my first ever injection. 100 mg subq... In the back of my mind I was sort of expecting to all the sudden jolt back to life. Obviously that didnt happen and isnt realistic. I havent felt anything actually, which Im sure is expected. I hear some people say on first shot they start to feel a little better. Wasnt the case for me. Not complaining, I know I need to be patient. Just kind of pointing it out.

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    That's a good size injection via sub-Q. Any lumps or pain?

As for time frame, it will slowly take effect without much notice. A good 8 weeks in, you will look back and upon comparison, you will have noticed a night and day change. Kinda like how you see yourself in the mirror every day and don't notice much, but when looking back on pictures you see the aging, weight gain/loss, gray hairs or loss of hairs, etc.

No lumps or pains at all, not even a mark. My sister who is a nurse did the injection into the fat on my lower abs. The syringes are 100 units. Im supposed to inject 100 mg or .5 ML. So I filled it up half way. Is that correct?

never mind I found out the answer to that question.

What I dont understand is why everyone doesnt do subQ if it is just as effective? It makes me think that it isnt as effective, because if it was why would you chose IM over it.

My doctor thinks not only is subq effective, its more effective and the proper way to inject. Thoughts?

slates is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJS19 View Post
    never mind I found out the answer to that question.

What I dont understand is why everyone doesnt do subQ if it is just as effective? It makes me think that it isnt as effective, because if it was why would you chose IM over it.

My doctor thinks not only is subq effective, its more effective and the proper way to inject. Thoughts?
    There's a big thread on this forum comparing subq vs IM blood work. Almost everyone got more better results with IM. subQ seems to work only if you have low body fat.

That said, I'll probably try subq once I finish my cycle. If it works, it's certainly superior to IM.
    Last edited by slates; 02-05-2014 at 10:47 PM.

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    IM is old school so not many doctors are familiar or recommend sub-Q as they are not open or are not up to date.

Many on the forums do sub-Q including myself with great results. On the other hand, many still do IM based on past experience from their days of cycling. Then you have those who have gone from IM to sub-Q and didn't like it, but majority of these people don't give it long enough and say it didn't work (basing this on the post I read on the forums).

I myself love sub-q and wouldn't have it any other way. Works great for myself and super easy with no pain or scaring.

Thread Information