jcm504 is offline New Member

Help with TRT and latest labs

Hello, I have been on TRT for 3 months and need advice on my current labs. I am 28yo. I had the usual symptoms of low testosterone so I asked my primary care physician to check it. My test value came back at 315 ng/dL. I've never done a cycle or anything like that before.

Labs before TRT:
    CBC and CMP Normal
    Testosterone , Serum (348 − 1197 ng/dL) - 315 LOW
    TSH (0.450 − 4.500 uIU/mL) - 0.709
    Prolactin (4.0 − 15.2 ng/mL) - 13.3
    LH (1.7-8.6 mIU/mL) - 5.4
    FSH (1.5-12.4 mIU/mL) - 2.4
    Estradiol (7.6-42.6 pg/mL) - 32.5

Urologist started me on 100 mg/week of test cyp. I split this into E3.5D. Labs a month later showed that my test level was around low to mid 400s. He told me to increase my dose to 150mg/week. Now, when I first started TRT, the pharmacy gave me a brand of test that produced few results on Google. About 1.5 months into TRT, they gave me Watson test cyp. I know the first brand I received was "pharma" as well but I really feel like it was way underdosed compared to Watson. I had new labs this past week and here are the results.

Labs 3 mo TRT:
    CBC and CMP Normal
    Testosterone, Serum (348 − 1197 ng/dL) - 1110
    LH (1.7-8.6 mIU/mL) - <0.2 LOW
    FSH (1.5-12.4 mIU/mL) - <0.2 LOW
    Estrogens, Total (40 - 115) pg/mL - 194 HIGH
    Estradiol (7.6-42.6 pg/mL) - 76.1 HIGH

My test levels are now at the high end of the range. However, I am now experiencing sides of high E2. These including feeling bloated, feeling lethargic, and occasional slight nipple sensitivity. There are no nipple lumps or bumps. I know the sensitive estriadol assay is better in men, but the regular lab shows that my E2 has more than doubled. Given my current numbers, would it be best to start on an AI? Should I reduce the amount of testosterone? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by jcm504; 07-05-2014 at 05:47 PM.

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    I wouldn't jump on an AI just yet. I would lower test a bit, maybe 25 mg and add in copper, zinc and DIM. What's your bf% look like?

BF is roughly 18-20%.

Ok I'm not the best expert, I've been on trt for a little over year. But everything I read tells me don't jump on AI to fast. 76 is high but I would try what I said and recheck test and estrogen in about6 weeks. I feel good with test I between 7-800. A lot guys do, but some need to be higher. It all depends on how you feel. There will be more guys in tommorow that will chime in. You came to the right place, there is a lot help here. Good luck.

Thanks for your input. I will most likely try reducing the test to about 120 mg/week and see how I feel.

Hopefully some of the other guys will chime in soon.

Hey a lot guys use that copper, zinc and DIM which you can get on amazon to control their estrogen. Try it before jumping on an AI. Your bf isn't thAt bad so maybe you will be lucky. They say in time your body will get comfortable with trt and maybe not have to worry about estrogen as much as in the beginning.

Thread Information