It has been awhile since I have lurked or posted here. I have been pretty stable doing 80mg test subQ ever 3.5 days and HCG M-W-F. Back in Feb I had to have my left hip replaced. I lost a lot of blood during the surgery so much that they almost called for blood for me and then they didn't stop all the bleeding so I had a fairly large Hematoma afterwards.

Long story short I ended up in the ER Sunday morning because my left leg inner thigh started hurting on Wed and had moved down to the inside of my knee by Sunday. My Daughter (an ER nurse) looked at it and said I had a blood clot and I should go to the ER, so I did. Sure enough I had a blood clot. It is only a Superficial Thrombophlebitis (not in a deep vein) at this point. So they put me on Ibuprofen and heat the area for now.

I notice in my blood work from the ER that my Red blood cell count (RBC) was at 6.2 just over the norm. Do you feel that this could have caused the clot? I do cardio on the elliptical atleast 3 times a week for 35-45 minutes each time and lift 3-4 times a week. I never sit for more than an hour at a time at work and am always active. I feel it could have been from the Hematoma, but the ER Doc said he doubts it???

I can't give blood because when I was in the Navy I was exposed to Hepatitis B and was given a shoot for it. Other than giving blood how can I reduce the RBC? After my surgery in Feb I was on xarellto (blood thinner) for 6 weeks no way would I have thought my RBC would be high.