Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    hawk14dl's Avatar
    hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,592

    6 month blood work came in

    Blood counts all came in good, I'm pretty pleased since I've never donated blood. All close to the high end of the range but all good.

    I'll post original results, 6 week results, and 6 month results. The 6 week results were on 50mg/ 2x a week, 350iu hcg 2x a week. After the 6 week results, he raised my rx to 75mg 2x a week, 350iu hcg 2x.

    I've actually only been taking 70mg 2x a week. It's too hard to find the .375ml on the syringe, and I had a feeling he raised my script too much. E2 is sensitive.

    First will be pretreatment, then 6 week, then 6 month.

    Test 396. 643. 1061 range 348-1197
    Free test 12.6. 14.8. 33.5. Range 9.3-26.5
    E2 n/a. 18. 35. Range 3-70

    Both post treatment tests were done on Thursday morning after a Monday evening injection.

    My free test is obviously way high, and I haven't heard from the dr yet but I suspect he'll lower my rx. We'll see. Hopefully he says we'll just monitor it and I'll lower my dose on my own.

    Regarding the e2.. The test being on injection day means it's as low as it will get. Meaning 1d past injection is likely a lot higher. I'd like some opinions regarding this?

    Also, if these were your results, where would you go from here? I'm thinking 60mg 2x a week. .


    Also, for those that may be interested, after the 6 week results the dr raised my dose, but the other change I made at that time was go to sub q. Thought you guys may be interested in that
    Last edited by hawk14dl; 08-06-2014 at 04:23 PM.

  2. #2
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,450
    Most importantly, how are you feeling. Numbers arent everything so dont think that your test needs to be higher especially if you are feeling good. You can tweak things around later if you feel fine now but if not start tweaking but do it little by little.

  3. #3
    hawk14dl's Avatar
    hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,592
    I feel great. Fatigue is still an issue but I think that's sleep related, I only get 5-6 hours of sleep each night.

    Other then that, my only complaint is the bacne. which ill be starting Austins protocol soon. I feel awesome otherwise

  4. #4
    hawk14dl's Avatar
    hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,592
    Also I wanted to lower my test, so as to bring down the free t and e2

  5. #5
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,450
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl View Post
    I feel great. Fatigue is still an issue but I think that's sleep related, I only get 5-6 hours of sleep each night.

    Other then that, my only complaint is the bacne. which ill be starting Austins protocol soon. I feel awesome otherwise
    5-6 hrs a night? 1yr ago I would have said you are lucky because for the last 6+ years I was getting 3-5 hrs sleep a night but now 6+. Working nights doesnt help for sure.

    Well then dont change things much. Good luck.

  6. #6
    Lifted1's Avatar
    Lifted1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    588
    your numbers look pretty good as is imo. im glad to see that subq is working well for you...where are you doing test injections? i cant comment on the e2 stuff, but im sure kel will stop by and enlighten you.

  7. #7
    hawk14dl's Avatar
    hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,592
    I'm doing test in one glute and love handles. For some reason I can't twist far enough to the other side to pinch and inject, otherwise I'd just do both glutes.

    Sometimes when I feel froggy, I'll throw in an IM delt injection. I have not done that in a number of weeks though (no impact on lab results)

  8. #8
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,585
    Hawk you've made nice progress. Yes, you can lower your dose if you choose as you have room to come down and still be at a great level. You won't really feel any difference if you do this. Main reason is not due to your free T but with managing hemo and hema for the long term. Always watch these. E2 looks great as well.

    Overall you look good. Like LB said, it's about how you feel. We don't have to hit bulls-eye's on BW just be in the area. If correcting sleep patterns does not help with fatigue pull a full iron panel the next time you get BW.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  9. #9
    hawk14dl's Avatar
    hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,592
    Awesome thanks kel. I'm going to lower the dose, so you think going from 70mg 2x, to 60mg 2x would be a good change?

    Also, my cholesterol (although it wasn't bad to begin with) has all improved.
    Hdl from 47 to 48
    Ldl from 69 to 52
    Vldl from 15 to 10
    Triglyceride 77 to 50
    And total from 131 to 110.

    This is pretty exciting because cholesterol and hypertension run in the family. I'm going to buy a bp cuff soon and monitor that as well

  10. #10
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,585
    Yes, probably a good change.
    Next chol test get a VAP or NMR Lipo profile. Much better info this way...
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  11. #11
    hawk14dl's Avatar
    hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,592
    Next full panel won't be for another year. I won't remember that by then. Lol!

  12. #12
    Lifted1's Avatar
    Lifted1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl View Post
    I'm doing test in one glute and love handles. For some reason I can't twist far enough to the other side to pinch and inject, otherwise I'd just do both glutes.

    Sometimes when I feel froggy, I'll throw in an IM delt injection. I have not done that in a number of weeks though (no impact on lab results)
    gotcha. i started test subq in the stomach, but switched to upper right glute area as its 100% pain free for me this way. stomach always seemed to be uncomfortable and sting a bit with T, but is totally fine for hcg .

    fwiw i can only seem to do my right side also lol

  13. #13
    hawk14dl's Avatar
    hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,592
    My subq doses (.350ml) leave a lump if I do them in the stomach. They leave one on the love handles and glute also, however they disappear in around an hour there as opposed to a day or more in the stomach/love handle

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,479
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl
    My subq doses (.350ml) leave a lump if I do them in the stomach. They leave one on the love handles and glute also, however they disappear in around an hour there as opposed to a day or more in the stomach/love handle
    I have good luck with my upper thigh. Really high up. Think hip crease.

  15. #15
    hawk14dl's Avatar
    hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,592
    I've done one in my quad, same area as my IM injections (lower outside). It was ok too, just don't need that many locations really

  16. #16
    lancerevo is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    39
    bro your cholesterol is dangerously low...110?? Increased mortality in people who have cholesterol <160. It is not the cause of heart disease as everyone touts...you need the cholesterol to convert into your other steroid hormones (ie pregnenolone, DHEA, cortisol, etc)

  17. #17
    hawk14dl's Avatar
    hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,592
    Range is 100-199.

    Also, I'm 28. is not going to do anything but go up from here

  18. #18
    lancerevo is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl View Post
    Range is 100-199.

    Also, I'm 28. is not going to do anything but go up from here
    That statement is invalid. The testosterone range is 300-1100 but you see ppl addressing test in the 500s even. Just trying to help you out.

  19. #19
    Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by lancerevo View Post
    That statement is invalid. The testosterone range is 300-1100 but you see ppl addressing test in the 500s even. Just trying to help you out.
    I think he's referring to cholesterol levels.

  20. #20
    hawk14dl's Avatar
    hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,592
    Yeah. . Evo you're the one that brought up cholesterol being too low in the first place?

  21. #21
    lancerevo is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    39
    I was making a comparison. Saying that just because your cholesterol of 110 is in range of the 100-199 is like saying that testosterone of 350 is in range for 349-1100. People treat low testosterone even though it's still in range, same way you should treat your low cholesterol even if it's in range (as cholesterol of <160 increases mortality - i'd be happy to link studies if you wished). Get it?

  22. #22
    hawk14dl's Avatar
    hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,592
    I understand what your saying.

    But my statement was completely valid. My cholesterol is just going to go up. Which will put me into (what you say) is a healthier range.

    I can't imagine having a low, in range, cholesterol being dangerous. Especially when it's as low as it will ever be. But I'm here to learn, and I shared my results for that very reason. So if you can provide studies to backup my values being dangerously low, and have suggestions on how to raise them, by all means share with the class

  23. #23
    lancerevo is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    39
    here's one for starters. i have to dig up the rest

    www. sciencedirect. com/science/article/pii/S0009912097000404

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •