Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 2Sox

Thread: Finally

trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Finally

Finally found a young doctor, who is my age and understands loosing test as you get older.... One who will let me inject at home.
    Only issue is he is not a big fan or arimidex or chlomid... (actually he says he just doesn't know that much about them.)

OK fair enough...

150 mg once per week...

Question: in an attempt to:
    a. limit E2
    b. keep serum levels constant

inject twice per week? (75 mg/ shot)

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes to both questions. What do you think about a lower dose to see how you do - like 100mg/week? Lower, more frequent dosing is the key to keeping E2 levels lower. I'd strongly recommend that.

See how you lab results go before you start dosing with an AI. If you haven't read the discussions on Aromasin , I'd suggest you take a look.
    lovbyts and Beethoven like this.

Blog Entries
    was taking arimidex with my last doc... twice a week (2 days after shot and 2 days later)

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    agree.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Yes to both questions. What do you think about a lower dose to see how you do - like 100mg/week? Lower, more frequent dosing is the key to keeping E2 levels lower. I'd strongly recommend that.

See how you lab results go before you start dosing with an AI. If you haven't read the discussions on Aromasin, I'd suggest you take a look.
    ^^^^^ What he said unless you have a couple blood test that show you really need that much. That would put me well over 1000 and probable (I'm sure) increase my E2.

I'm sure you have read here before we continually say more is not better especially when it comes to HRT. Yes there are a small percentage of people who need more but it seems most people the sweet spot long term is around 70mg - 100mg per week.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Good advice from above. What about HCG ?

Blog Entries
    2 different docs have had me at 150 / week... so apparently they feel that is where I need to be...
    not on HcG .. but I am monitoring the boys...

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trikydik View Post
    2 different docs have had me at 150 / week... so apparently they feel that is where I need to be...
    not on HcG.. but I am monitoring the boys...
    OK yeah your right, 150mg isnt all that high, I'm not sure what I was thinking??? Still, lowering it a little might make a big difference still on E2. Also taking zinc helps a little with E2.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trikydik View Post
    not on HcG.. but I am monitoring the boys...
    Well, we wouldn't ever want to do anything our doctors don't recommend, would we? Never questioning the high priests of medicine is always the best policy. Forgive my sarcasm, but I'd advise you consider the many things you've learned on this forum - like starting with a lower weekly dose of T - unless your blood work indicates otherwise - and supplementing this dose with hCG . If you want a good quality of life and less aggravation in the long run, I'd urge you consider this in order to have that be.
    Last edited by 2Sox; 12-15-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Baxter35 is offline Member
    Ive experimented with both once and twice weekly and have figured out that twice weekly keeps my free and total T higher at the same total weekly dose. For example, 100mg once a week gives me total T in the mid 400's and free T around 100. 50mg twice a week puts my total over 600 and free T at top of range. Everyone's different, but for me twice weekly yields better results while keeping total weekly dose relatively low.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Trik,
    All good advice above especially with the HcG but here we go again with 150 per week being some "massive" amount???
    Didn't LowT just post about a month ago he didn't realize why everyone was adamant about this. He stated nearly half his patients are on 200 per week. You may want to follow your Physicians advise first before playing Dr yourself, just a thought.
    Why don't you see where your blood work falls first then adjust from there, it's not like he wants to shoot you up once a month....

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Correction, I re-read LowT post, he indicated 30-40% were at 200mgs not 50%. He said it is not uncommon at all to use 200 per week.
    That being said, again I think it is prudent to follow your Drs advice before you decide to deviate, just my 2 cents...

xcraider37 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99 View Post
    Correction, I re-read LowT post, he indicated 30-40% were at 200mgs not 50%. He said it is not uncommon at all to use 200 per week.
    That being said, again I think it is prudent to follow your Drs advice before you decide to deviate, just my 2 cents...
    @bullshark, we all know 200mg is not a massive amount, the point most of us try to make is to start low and get blood work and go up if needed, if you test in the 800's using 100mg per week why would you need to use more? Also the OP's doc didn't understand adex so why should he follow any advice that guy is giving him, just my 2cents.
    Last edited by xcraider37; 12-15-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Thread Information