godshelmet is offline New Member

started test replacement. bad out of shape. need advice.

Im 33. 34 next month 6'0 310lbs. the last year i was dealing with bad depression,alcoholism and couldn't get myself to do shit. i went through a bad divorce. gained 60-70lbs trust me I'm better today than i was. so i went and got tested about a month ago and my test levels were like 240-250. i guess there supposed to be 400-600. the Dr. put me on 200mg a week of cypionate . he is way ****ing cool. and is a believer and old lifter and juicer so he said he will take care of me. it's been three weeks and I finally got a little fire lit under my ass.

i had my last drink a week ago today and I'm ****ing done I'm pissed i let myself go. i started doing diamond dallas page yoga. and I'm gonna do that for a few weeks before i ease into weights. this week I'm getting my diet in order. mrps making fresh fruit and vegetable smoothies. eating clean i know the drill. and multi vitamins.i also have some other gear i got off a buddy last week. so i can up my test level over what the Dr. prescribed if needed. also got some winny and eq off him but it's gonna be a good while before any of that. probably july or august. I'm three years removed from my last cycle.

how long can i expect before levels are normal or above. what else should i be supplementing never juiced because i needed to. i have some t3 and clen . I'm not new to the game. I've got great genetics. i build muscle like a mother****er (also get big and fat quick) and at 235 I'm in single digit bf. but like stated never juiced because i had to. I'm retaining water a bit and acne is worse than has been in the past. i feel like I'm going through puberty again. but I'm feeling mean again so that's a plus. any advice would be great. Thanks to all.

BallSak is offline Associate Member
    I would advise not to add anything besides your TRT for a good 18 - 24 months. Give your body some time to get dialed in and stable. You will do wonders with balanced hormones and a healthy lifestyle so no need to cycle anytime soon. Be patient, getting dialed in takes a good 6-12 months.

Read all the stickies for other supplementation of things like hcg , dhea, pregnenolone etc. Good luck!

godshelmet is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSak View Post
    I would advise not to add anything besides your TRT for a good 18 - 24 months. Give your body some time to get dialed in and stable. You will do wonders with balanced hormones and a healthy lifestyle so no need to cycle anytime soon. Be patient, getting dialed in takes a good 6-12 months.

Read all the stickies for other supplementation of things like hcg, dhea, pregnenolone etc. Good luck!
    Thanks so much. thats what ill do. what do you think about the dosage given. I'm looking around here and a lot of guys are prescribed 100mg a week of test c and choose to take less.
    I'm a big guy though. but the acne sides are a bitch so far.

Also i failed to mention. which there are two sides to the research of a vasectomy causing test lost. but i had what ill call a pretty bad/botched vasectomy. i dealt with awful swelling and internal seepage and infections/epididymitis for two years.( i know thats ****ing gross) that was done in 2011. but I'm trying to figure everything out.

I think that's a big part of it. i switched dr.'s after. as young as i am and for my level's to go that low. with in a couple of years I'm thinking thats a big culprit. cause i handled pct. and i never did any major long term super stacked cycles usually test/clen /t3 for 6-8 weeks then clomid,nova,arimidex or whatever i could get for for pct. thank you

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godshelmet View Post
    what do you think about the dosage given. I'm looking around here and a lot of guys are prescribed 100mg a week of test c and choose to take less.
    We usually don't just decide to reduce the dose on a whim. Look at the blood work and consider how you feel.

For a long time, 100mg per week has been a common starting dose. Last year, Dr. Crisler and Dr. Gordon (two big names in TRT) dropped their starting doses to 70mg and 60mg respectively. Their guys run that for 6 to 8 weeks and blood work is done again. Depending on their numbers and how they feel, the dose is titrated. Dr. Crisler recommends titrating at 20mg.

I started at 105mg per week, which drove me to the top of the range. The numbers were great, but I didn't like the night sweats and bacne. Thus, I reduced my dose. I want to be in the top quartile of the range, but I don't particularly care where. If I feel better at 900 instead of 1,100, it would be stupid to keep my dose high for the sake of the number.

As BallSak mentioned, your first priority should be getting dialed in. It could take some time, so prepare yourself for the long haul. There'll be plenty of time for blasting once you find your sweet spot, but doing so now will just make things more difficult for you and your doctor.

Your doctor may be way cool, but it's better to have one that is familiar with the latest TRT protocols. Most on the forum would say that a starting dose of 200mg per week is too much, and as I pointed out above, Dr. Crisler and Dr. Gordon are starting their patients with considerably less. You didn't mention hCG in your post. Read the hCG and Pregnenolone sticky to learn why it's important. Hopefully your doctor told you at your body fat percentage there's a risk that you're going to aromatase like a mofo. Check out the Finding a Physician sticky for a list of tests you'll want to get. No mention of Anastrozole in your post. For me, that's a lot of red flags.

While I'm thinking about body fat, not only do you want to get dialed in before you blast, it's a good idea to get your BF% below 15% to reduce aromatase problems.

Lower, more frequent injections of Testosterone and hCG will help keep the E2 spikes low. At your BF% that could be very helpful to you. I inject Testosterone and hCG daily subcutaneously using an insulin syringe. Very easy.

This forum contains a lot of really good information. It might be a good idea to read everything posted in the last year or so to get yourself up to speed.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I cant add much to what was said above. ^^^^^ all good advice.

It will help with motivation but dont expect miracles. You still need to do the work and it takes time. it took you years to get to where you are now and it may take a couple to get back to where you should be. Take it slow and easy so you dont do something like injure yourself causing long term setbacks. Ease into it and keep reminding yourself that it's not about how much you can lift but it's about how you lift, form, routine and consistency. Remember, it's not a race or sprint, it's a marathon.

Best of luck.

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godshelmet View Post
    ...i never did any major long term super stacked cycles usually test/clen/t3 for 6-8 weeks then clomid,nova,arimidex or whatever i could get for for pct. thank you
    You might also start thinking about a proper PCT or restart. Maybe a long shot, but could be worth a try.

vbguy is offline Junior Member
    I feel your pain. I was 250lbs (+30%bf) and I wanted to be a brick sh*t house in a week. If you really not new to the game like you say….you know the deal. Its going to take time. Also a lot of guys will steer you away from clen . I'll leave that decision up to you as I've used it, so use it accordingly. Also I was doing 200 a wk of test C and felt much better at 100wk. Good luck….take your time, and good luck on your separation from drinking.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    All good points. Higher dosage equals more sides. You really need BW at about six weeks but you really want to be at the lowest possible dosage where you are symptom free.

Thread Information