Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    energizer bunny's Avatar
    energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,412

    Should you start HCG as soon as you start TRT?

    Should you start hcg as soon as you start TRT or wait until you are dialled in?

  2. #2
    Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,093
    It should be part of your original protocol. Start it same time. Most suggest splitting test injections with HCG injections.

    Example -

    Mon am - test
    Tues pm - HCG
    Thues pm - test
    Sat am - HCG

    That is what I used to do. Now, I just fill syringe with test and then put HCG in same syringe and inject only 2 x a week.

  3. #3
    Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    352
    Ideally you'd want to start them together since hCG will play a role in your process of getting dialed in.

    If you were to get dialed in on testosterone alone, you may have to do it all over again once you add the hCG. Might as well kill 2 birds with one stone.

  4. #4
    Beethoven's Avatar
    Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Fla
    Posts
    1,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauffeur View Post
    Ideally you'd want to start them together since hCG will play a role in your process of getting dialed in.

    If you were to get dialed in on testosterone alone, you may have to do it all over again once you add the hCG. Might as well kill 2 birds with one stone.
    Yes. It affects your protocol so start them both together .

  5. #5
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,932
    Great answers above.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  6. #6
    johnny the blade is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    59
    I'm about 1 year into my trt, which is 100mg test E only weekly. My numbers are in range and I feel good, which is a significant improvement prior to trt. Should I discuss introducing HCG with my Endo or let it ride as is considering things are good? Could I actually see an improvement adding HCG at this point? Sorry for jumping in on your thread but seemed like the right time.

  7. #7
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,315
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny
    Should you start hcg as soon as you start TRT or wait until you are dialled in?
    I would if you want to maintain testicular function

  8. #8
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,932
    Yes johnny, you should. Read some of the sticky threads here and also search up Dr. Crislers HCG Update and read it. Take a copy to your doc if you have to.
    Last edited by kelkel; 02-15-2015 at 11:19 AM.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  9. #9
    johnny the blade is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks Kel, I'm going to do just that. This may be the perfect time as I'm switching Dr's.

  10. #10
    johnny the blade is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    59
    Another great point Bio.

  11. #11
    energizer bunny's Avatar
    energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,412
    Great stuff!.....

    Cheers

  12. #12
    OingoBoingo's Avatar
    OingoBoingo is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny the blade View Post
    I'm about 1 year into my trt, which is 100mg test E only weekly. My numbers are in range and I feel good, which is a significant improvement prior to trt. Should I discuss introducing HCG with my Endo or let it ride as is considering things are good? Could I actually see an improvement adding HCG at this point? Sorry for jumping in on your thread but seemed like the right time.
    It's not just about the testicles. Have a look at the hCG and Pregnenolone sticky.

  13. #13
    keep fightin is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    286
    don't be me with balls the size of Brazil nuts a year into TRT. hCG restored them just about back to walnuts!

  14. #14
    chris.baker's Avatar
    chris.baker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    55
    If you are on TRT via a doctor, do they prescribe hcg along with the test, or is this a DIY TRT?

    I ask bc I'm looking into making an appointment at a local HRT clinic.

  15. #15
    OingoBoingo's Avatar
    OingoBoingo is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    561
    You have to ask your doctor about it.

  16. #16
    Beethoven's Avatar
    Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Fla
    Posts
    1,470
    Quote Originally Posted by chris.baker View Post
    If you are on TRT via a doctor, do they prescribe hcg along with the test, or is this a DIY TRT?

    I ask bc I'm looking into making an appointment at a local HRT clinic.
    If he is knowledgeable he probably will . That being said you have to ask him about it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •