Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ppwc1985

Thread: Lower testosterone levels after dosage increase

Devishu is offline New Member

Lower testosterone levels after dosage increase

I am new to this forum, but here is my information.

Original Test Level: 182
    Started on Testosterone Therapy 3-31-2016
    1 ml every 10 days intramuscular
    My levels have never increased over 600. I left my primary doctor and started seeing a Urologist. We tested my levels again along with Prolactin levels. My testosterone level came back at 602 and Prolactin normal at 7.7 from a blood draw done 48 hours after injection. My Urologist decided to up my dosage of Testosterone Cypionate to 1.5ml injection every 10 days. I injected my new dosage and tested 2 days later again after only to get a level of 501. The urologist's office said that he was busy, but he read my results and that they were "perfectly acceptable" levels. I explained that we upped my dosage to get higher levels, and now they are lower. She said "well, he said he was happy with the level."

Only issue I had was with this particular injection was I got extremely dizzy and almost passed out. (I hate needles). I immediately sat down on the toilet in our bathroom to avoid collapsing. I noticed I bled pretty badly from the injection site after sitting. That never happens for me. Maybe just a drop or two. I also had a hard lump form under the skin at the site. It was semi painful for a day or two after the injection. Is it possible sitting down "pushed out" some testosterone cyp. or maybe caused the testosterone to pool under my skin and not absorb? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also, hunger/weight gain has been increased. I gained about 20 lbs in the first month and a half. Definitely not muscle lol. I was on a ketogenic diet prior to starting TRT, but on the advice of my doctor, I stopped while I focused on leveling my testosterone levels .

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devishu
    I am new to this forum, but here is my information. Age: 30 Original Test Level: 182 Started on Testosterone Therapy 3-31-2016 1 ml every 10 days intramuscular My levels have never increased over 600. I left my primary doctor and started seeing a Urologist. We tested my levels again along with Prolactin levels. My testosterone level came back at 602 and Prolactin normal at 7.7 from a blood draw done 48 hours after injection. My Urologist decided to up my dosage of Testosterone Cypionate to 1.5ml injection every 10 days. I injected my new dosage and tested 2 days later again after only to get a level of 501. The urologist's office said that he was busy, but he read my results and that they were "perfectly acceptable" levels. I explained that we upped my dosage to get higher levels, and now they are lower. She said "well, he said he was happy with the level." Only issue I had was with this particular injection was I got extremely dizzy and almost passed out. (I hate needles). I immediately sat down on the toilet in our bathroom to avoid collapsing. I noticed I bled pretty badly from the injection site after sitting. That never happens for me. Maybe just a drop or two. I also had a hard lump form under the skin at the site. It was semi painful for a day or two after the injection. Is it possible sitting down "pushed out" some testosterone cyp. or maybe caused the testosterone to pool under my skin and not absorb? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Switch to Subq injections, you will love that. Painless and works great. Now some guys levels drop, but mine stayed where they were with inter muscular. I would figure out what you need to inject twice a week. Tuesday,Saturday for example. Isounyolevfluctuation

It looks like your test don't stay leveled, by breaking up your injections you should be more stable.

that guy1234 is offline Junior Member
    Do not switch to sub Q. You didn't say what kind of test youn were taking. If the doc is saying every 10 days, my guess is cypionate 200. Your levels won't elevate in 2 days from a new dosage.

Many things can change levels, your diet, the time of day, hydration level, workouts, and sleep.

Give it time.

And the reason you got light headed and a good amount of blood flowed was because you stuck a nerve. Everyone here has done it and the first time is scary. You will be OK when that happens. Just sit for a sec and remain calm. Try to sip water.

You are correct on the Testosterone type; Cypionate 200. Something I read after is the night before I had my bloodwork, I had some beers. I read that alcohol can naturally reduce your levels. I have been trying to be active as much as possible. I work 10 hours a day at a desk, so when I get home I try to exercise a little. I am only 5' 11 and weigh in at 260. I am trying to find a suitable weight loss plan/workout routine also, but it is extremely daunting.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    260 lbs? Wow, E2 must be through the roof. That also explains increased appetite and weight gain.

Sorry, very new to all of this. What does E2 stand for?

Estradiol, the "female" hormone. Testosterone gets converted into E2 by the action of aromatase, an enzyme highly expressed in adipose tissue. The higher the body fat, the higher the rate of aromatization.

It is key hormone for male health, but it needs to stay into a narrow range. Either low or high can hinder health and wellbeing.

Quote Originally Posted by that guy1234
    Do not switch to sub Q. You didn't say what kind of test youn were taking. If the doc is saying every 10 days, my guess is cypionate 200. Your levels won't elevate in 2 days from a new dosage. Many things can change levels, your diet, the time of day, hydration level, workouts, and sleep. Give it time. And the reason you got light headed and a good amount of blood flowed was because you stuck a nerve. Everyone here has done it and the first time is scary. You will be OK when that happens. Just sit for a sec and remain calm. Try to sip water.
    Why not switch to Subq? He is scared of needles, subq is so much easier for him. He would just need to switch his dosing for smaller doses. Op talk to your dr, a lot guys change to subq and your test will absorb more slowly. Injecting in your muscle for the rest of your life is going to get old and cause a lot scar tissue. I switched about 3 years ago and I would never go back.
    InternalFire likes this.

What's the deal with needles? Just RELAX, muscle tension always equals poor pinning (which leads to lumps, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by that guy1234 View Post
    And the reason you got light headed and a good amount of blood flowed was because you stuck a nerve
    Nope, it's just vasovagal syncope. Nothing to be worried about, lie down and will go away.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Devishu,

First tell us how many milligrams of Testosterone are you injecting. Give mg not how many mL. Otherwise, we have no idea what your dose is.

Also, if you hate needles I agree that injecting SQ is the way to go. Pick up a box of 29 gauge, 1/2 inch insulin needles. Break up your dose to inject more frequently like 2 or more times per week. Right into the fat of your abdomen and you won't fell a thing. (I inject a low dose every day. Yes, every day.) This will cut down on aromatization and raise your T levels.

Now tell us your dose in mg. Please.

This^^^^

Thread Information