Thread: Hdl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member

Hdl

I have had some health issues in the past year that Drs put me on statins for cholesterol. I been studying this stuff some and I'm very worried. My LDL was high 150-220 but it is now in check, 76.
    But my HDL is very low and I know this can be very dangerous for inflammation and plaque buildup. How can I get my HDL higher? Any recommendations? I'm on trt, does this lower my HDL levels.

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    What is your Hdl level?

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active
    What is your Hdl level?
    My HDL in March was 33, my last bw 2 weeks ago it was 16.

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ppwc1985
    My HDL in March was 33, my last bw 2 weeks ago it was 16.
    how many calories are you getting in your nutrition plan from good fats?

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active
    how many calories are you getting in your nutrition plan from good fats?
    Don't know exactly but maybe 3-400.

nyjetsfan is offline Junior Member
    Niacin

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Dont fret about statins so much. I'm on Crestor 5 mgs - 3 days per week. That's a very low dose and my lipid profile is perfect. Sides rarely occur at lower levels. You run into problems if the Doc over-doses it @ 20 mgs/day. Also, muscle wasting is another one people worry about that's over blown. Especially at low doses...good luck!

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Raw veggies, fruit, green leaf veggies, fresh fish grilled.

People want so solve everything with pills

max738 is offline Junior Member
    try cardio exercising to raise HDL,the holy grail for Lipid management is a pill to raise HDL and they are trying to
    come up with one it will be a 500 billion a year winfall for who ever comes up with one

j2048b is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppwc1985 View Post
    I have had some health issues in the past year that Drs put me on statins for cholesterol. I been studying this stuff some and I'm very worried. My LDL was high 150-220 but it is now in check, 76. But my HDL is very low and I know this can be very dangerous for inflammation and plaque buildup. How can I get my HDL higher? Any recommendations? I'm on trt, does this lower my HDL levels.
    Why a statin? Did u run any VAP or nmr or lpp cholesterol tests to find out how ur particle sizes are? Ive had an ldl of 177-195 since 2006, and a total cholesterol of 269-300 and my eurologist and cardiologist both said no to statins.... Got a calcium score of 0.... As well, so im not sure why people are still turning to statins? Sorry i guess they help lower the levels but at what price?? Ive been told as well that a statin will also help lower blood viscosity to a great degree as well but at what cost?

Oh and an hdl of 65.... While still having "high" cholesterol...

Quote Originally Posted by j2048b
    Why a statin? Did u run any VAP or nmr or lpp cholesterol tests to find out how ur particle sizes are? Ive had an ldl of 177-195 since 2006, and a total cholesterol of 269-300 and my eurologist and cardiologist both said no to statins.... Got a calcium score of 0.... As well, so im not sure why people are still turning to statins? Sorry i guess they help lower the levels but at what price?? Ive been told as well that a statin will also help lower blood viscosity to a great degree as well but at what cost? Oh and an hdl of 65.... While still having "high" cholesterol...
    No I had to have stents put in so they wanted me on a statin for at least a year.

Quote Originally Posted by j2048b
    Why a statin? Did u run any VAP or nmr or lpp cholesterol tests to find out how ur particle sizes are? Ive had an ldl of 177-195 since 2006, and a total cholesterol of 269-300 and my eurologist and cardiologist both said no to statins.... Got a calcium score of 0.... As well, so im not sure why people are still turning to statins? Sorry i guess they help lower the levels but at what price?? Ive been told as well that a statin will also help lower blood viscosity to a great degree as well but at what cost? Oh and an hdl of 65.... While still having "high" cholesterol...
    From my research it seems that a higher LDL is ok but a low HDL is very bad.

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    Medium paces cardio at least 5 days a week @ 30 mins per day. It literally fixed my lipid profile in just over a month. Went from 18 to mid 30s

Thread Information