Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SweepTheLegJohnny
  • 1 Post By SweepTheLegJohnny

Thread: How are my levels?

nukakuk is offline New Member

Question How are my levels?

Currently on 60mg of test c e3d. It's been almost two weeks and wanted to check my levels

Anything I should adjust? I would like to have my test near a 1000 eventually but I want my libido to return asap so I'm trying to keep it as average as I can til I feel it's returned

Test 841 349-1149

Estradiol (not sensitive) 23.8

Lh/fsh .1

Should I continue the dosage or change it?

SweepTheLegJohnny is offline Junior Member
    Were your test levels drawn during your peak (the day after an injection) or the trough (the day before your next injection)? Your numbers are well within range, either way, I suppose.

Personally, I have found that I have more adverse affects as my test creeps towards the 1,000 mark. There is such a thing as too much testosterone and I found myself getting edgy and irritable when I was at 1100, even when my e2 was kept under control.

Honestly, less is more when it comes to TRT because the higher your levels creep, the more likely your are to deal with estrogen related side effects and have other issues. Your e2 levels don't necessarily climb proportionally with your testosterone levels so you may be within a healthy e2 range right now (you didn't post ranges so I don't really know) but you could end up spilling over and going way out of range with an increase in dosage. Then you get stuck dealing with an AI which is a royal pain in the ass. This is especially true given that you've only been on TRT for a few weeks now; I feel that it's way too soon to start messing around with anything. It took me about three weeks of injections before I started to feel the effects of elevated e2 because it just gradually climbed. I ended up cutting my dosage in half after about eight weeks because I was tired of dealing with the AI.

If I were in your shoes, I would keep my dosage the same if you're feeling better. You've only been on it for a short time and your libido will return and eventually jump quickly. My trough levels are in the high 600's-low 700s right now and my libido has never been higher. BUT, that is also because my e2 is well under control and helping out with my sex drive. It's all about finding a balance.
    nukakuk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SweepTheLegJohnny View Post
    Were your test levels drawn during your peak (the day after an injection) or the trough (the day before your next injection)? Your numbers are well within range, either way, I suppose.

Personally, I have found that I have more adverse affects as my test creeps towards the 1,000 mark. There is such a thing as too much testosterone and I found myself getting edgy and irritable when I was at 1100, even when my e2 was kept under control.

Honestly, less is more when it comes to TRT because the higher your levels creep, the more likely your are to deal with estrogen related side effects and have other issues. Your e2 levels don't necessarily climb proportionally with your testosterone levels so you may be within a healthy e2 range right now (you didn't post ranges so I don't really know) but you could end up spilling over and going way out of range with an increase in dosage. Then you get stuck dealing with an AI which is a royal pain in the ass. This is especially true given that you've only been on TRT for a few weeks now; I feel that it's way too soon to start messing around with anything. It took me about three weeks of injections before I started to feel the effects of elevated e2 because it just gradually climbed. I ended up cutting my dosage in half after about eight weeks because I was tired of dealing with the AI.

If I were in your shoes, I would keep my dosage the same if you're feeling better. You've only been on it for a short time and your libido will return and eventually jump quickly. My trough levels are in the high 600's-low 700s right now and my libido has never been higher. BUT, that is also because my e2 is well under control and helping out with my sex drive. It's all about finding a balance.
    The ranges were 7-42 for the e, estradiol was 23.9

Would you recommend I inject 50mg e3d instead (that should put me upper 600s-700s) I rather not have the headache of dealing with Ai

Also i took the injection (test c) the same day of the blood work( got the bloods 3-4 hours post injection) but could it have increased the readings?

I wouldn't recommend messing with any of it right now but that's just me. You may be one of the lucky few that have your levels dialed in within the short period of time. It takes many guys months and months to get where you are. It took me forever to get it all nailed down and I still have to mess around with supplements like pregnenelone and DHEA in order to get where I want to be. I would just be patient, get some more bloodwork done in about six weeks and see where you are. But, you seem to be kosher right now.

Also, you didn't state whether or not you're on hCG . If not, I highly recommend getting a script for it as soon as you can. It will prevent/slow down the suppression of multiple hormones within the HPTA axis, not just your natural testosterone production. The addition of hCG to my protocol was God-send for me; it boosted me mood, energy and libido significantly and took away some of the anxiety tied into fertility. Yup, I want the test levels of a guy in his early twenties but I'd also like to have kids too. Lol
    nukakuk likes this.

I wouldn't recommend messing with any of it right now but that's just me. You may be one of the lucky few that have your levels dialed in within the short period of time. It takes many guys months and months to get where you are. It took me forever to get it all nailed down and I still have to mess around with supplements like pregnenelone and DHEA in order to get where I want to be. I would just be patient, get some more bloodwork done in about six weeks and see where you are. But, you seem to be kosher right now.

Also, you didn't state whether or not you're on hCG. If not, I highly recommend getting a script for it as soon as you can. It will prevent/slow down the suppression of multiple hormones within the HPTA axis, not just your natural testosterone production. The addition of hCG to my protocol was God-send for me; it boosted me mood, energy and libido significantly and took away some of the anxiety tied into fertility. Yup, I want the test levels of a guy in his early twenties but I'd also like to have kids too. Lol
    Would I need to take pregnolone or dhea if I take hcg ? Should I change my dosage if I start taking hcg?

I just started supplementing with preg and DHEA (while on hCG ) and have been happy with the results. They give me a nice boost of energy and allow me to focus more. You don't need to supplement with them if you're on hCG but I would recommend it to anyone on TRT. It's easy to tinker with the dosage and figure out exactly how much you should take. The hCG will bring your test levels and e2 levels up a bit but only blood work can tell you whether you'd need to adjust your protocol accordingly.

I just started supplementing with preg and DHEA (while on hCG) and have been happy with the results. They give me a nice boost of energy and allow me to focus more. You don't need to supplement with them if you're on hCG but I would recommend it to anyone on TRT. It's easy to tinker with the dosage and figure out exactly how much you should take. The hCG will bring your test levels and e2 levels up a bit but only blood work can tell you whether you'd need to adjust your protocol accordingly.
    Thanks I should get my hcg soon.

Also any estimation or general average for libido to return if my levels are in range? I've been reading a lot of post/threads saying its about 3-5 weeks. do you think that sounds about average?

also i took the blood test on the day of my test c injection, it was about 5-6 hours later i got the blood work, did that have any affect on the results?
    Last edited by nukakuk; 03-28-2016 at 06:44 PM.

It's been almost 6 weeks same dosing still no libido, should I be concerned?

Thread Information