irishsearching is offline New Member

Can anyone reccomend a doctor in Ireland?

For a few years I have suspected low t but never done anything about it.I am 24 right now.very Weak erections,no morning wood.Very little sex drive.Big mood swings between depressed and extremely irritable and angry.Sub par results from working out regularly(I am at a normal bodyweight I should add).I also have periods for months at a time where my armpits sweat purfusely but this seems to come and go.I have quite alot of trouble getting to sleep,waking during sleep and not feeling rested after waking and suffer from anxiety at times.I also sometimes have itchy nipples,I am not sure if that could be related?

But now its time to do something about it.I am not going to waste my time with my regular GP as it seems they never be up to speed on hrt and when its needed from what I read.Can anyone recommend a place in Ireland that seems to be good in detecting/treating low t?

I know there was an irish user here under edmundo22 but unfortunately with this new account it isnt letting me go on his profile or PM him!

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, its a nightmare, Im in the same boat as you are, just my age is 6+ years away from you, if you get lucky I would want to know "where and how and who" because I am about to start self medicate after a year of torture trough all the incompetent GP's and docs, nobody cares if you feel like sh!t as long as you're 1-2% above borderline low "you're normal!" they would look at you like at some junkie and just want you out of the office as soon as they hear you out, "its all in your head" they say I feel bad for the medical situation here in Ireland too, but not much you can do pissing against the wind... unless you you do a pretty good piss-blast and keep on moving that is

Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    Well, its a nightmare, Im in the same boat as you are, just my age is 6+ years away from you, if you get lucky I would want to know "where and how and who" because I am about to start self medicate after a year of torture trough all the incompetent GP's and docs, nobody cares if you feel like sh!t as long as you're 1-2% above borderline low "you're normal!" they would look at you like at some junkie and just want you out of the office as soon as they hear you out, "its all in your head" they say I feel bad for the medical situation here in Ireland too, but not much you can do pissing against the wind... unless you you do a pretty good piss-blast and keep on moving that is

Welcome to the forum!
    Have you tried these guys? menshealth.ie/testosterone -deficiency-syndrome/

I think I did, there not local to me, regardless how many times called them they would not answer nor would call me back, either there not operating at all, not operating sufficiently or too busy to give a dam about whoever is on the phone, never been to them direct so dont know too much about them to be honest. There were good few other places, and they could probably sort you out if you've lots of $$$ laying around spare as they run as private and dont take on with medical cards etc. I can tell you its a long search... from my experience

Oh thats strange.I emailed them asking could I get the blood test before my first appointment because I am not local to dublin,just so we could get a better picture from the first appointment with blood tests already done,and they promptly emailed me back saying yes thats fine and gave me a document to give to my local clinic for the blood tests.They only operate on Mondays and Wednesdays I believe.And I have no insurance or medical card so it makes no difference to me.

Have you come across any other places you could link me to?Those are pretty much the only ones I found

I will have another go, will try call them out of curiosity, maybe so it happened I called at the wrong times or just so it happened they couldn't call me back, I dont know, but Ive never sent them an email before. I like when matters are dealt with direct with no messing, dial a number and talk, but here this doesnt happen too often.

I will check on my other laptop I may have some links in browsing history, but I cant memorize any as its been a while since last time I gave my all efforts trying to find a place.

Did they go trough with you on prices on tests and treatment etc?

Thanks alot man.
    I havent seen them yet,all I know is that the first appointment is 150 euro.I dont really know much else

Yes, although the 1st appointment price seem alright for what it is, you really want to know long term costs, because once you start you're in for a long trip. Best case scenario if you need to and you get injections etc which should be 2 x a week for best results, imagine if they charge you 100-200eur per visit, what will this add up to month later, a year later if you're paying it all out of your pocket, that's where it gets me the most. Public health sector should sort people out look after and solve issues and cover this with your insurance or medical card but to get to right doc who will evaluate you properly and would write you script that is covered, I found it to be one hell of a job, and to me it caused more stress than I wanted or needed... I've existed long enough and cannot justify broken medical system that keeps me "suffering" until they decide they would please me with my requests, I cannot stand ignorance and lack of knowledge in areas where it should be dealt with most promptly, and not like by the weather out there or by the "looks of things".

Dont take my word for it, please do your best finding the right place and right way of doing things, nobody's gonna live your life for you but you, so plan it well, nobody is going to be responsible for ones wrong or good doing, but one self.

Sorry for venting

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    Yes, although the 1st appointment price seem alright for what it is, you really want to know long term costs, because once you start you're in for a long trip. Best case scenario if you need to and you get injections etc which should be 2 x a week for best results, imagine if they charge you 100-200eur per visit, what will this add up to month later, a year later if you're paying it all out of your pocket, that's where it gets me the most. Public health sector should sort people out look after and solve issues and cover this with your insurance or medical card but to get to right doc who will evaluate you properly and would write you script that is covered, I found it to be one hell of a job, and to me it caused more stress than I wanted or needed... I've existed long enough and cannot justify broken medical system that keeps me "suffering" until they decide they would please me with my requests, I cannot stand ignorance and lack of knowledge in areas where it should be dealt with most promptly, and not like by the weather out there or by the "looks of things".

Dont take my word for it, please do your best finding the right place and right way of doing things, nobody's gonna live your life for you but you, so plan it well, nobody is going to be responsible for ones wrong or good doing, but one self.

Sorry for venting
    I mean if they don't offer the option of DIY at home injections it just wont be feasible for me,but we will have to see.Il let you know how it goes brother!I probably wont be seeing them until early next month though.Dont forgot to look for those clinics in your history for me man thanks alot!

Yea, good luck with that

I got lucky to get trough to them today over the phone and lady explained to me that they dont discuss prices or procedures over the phone, first visit (like you have said) is 150eur and then whatever it costs its on you since its private clinics but like I outlined - no estimates or any more details until you meet the doc.

I will try pull the history there for you in next hour or so of what I have found before.

cheers!

Thread Information