Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Maybe I have a problem...

TjmAble is offline Junior Member

Maybe I have a problem...

Guys Hi, today I just took my blood hormonal tests and my microbiologist told me that I may have low testosterone levels it was 2,72 ng/dl I think and I'm 25 years old, any thoughts?

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Don't guess, get a copy of your results and post them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    Ok, will do!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TjmAble View Post
    Ok, will do!
    That way we can help make a proper assessment, could save you months of trial and error.

That way we can help make a proper assessment, could save you months of trial and error.
    Here it is!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20160930_101009.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	165614

Name:	ForumRunner_20160930_101016.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	165615

Name:	ForumRunner_20160930_101059.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	165616

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Here it is!

Name:	ForumRunner_20160930_101009.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	165614

Name:	ForumRunner_20160930_101016.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	165615

Name:	ForumRunner_20160930_101059.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	165616
    Those thyroid readings are below range and require further testing.

Total T4/T3 are of little diagnostic value since the free quota (FT4/FT3) is what's available on tissues and can be normal even when total assays are outside range, and that's what the TSH suggests.

As of test, yes it is very low for your age, but you need to pull FSH, LH and PRL as a bare minimum (in addiction to total and free T) in order to have a key to understand what's going on, whether the issue is primary (ie. testicular failure) or secondary (brain/pituitary).

I do deduct from the TBG reading that your SHBG must be also low/normal, hence you might still have free T within range.

You should also include a complete blood count (CBC) and a comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP).

And, what's most important... how do you feel?

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Yes, your test is problematic low. Like a 70-80 year old. You should be in the 600s at least.

Blog Entries
    possibly the thyroid causing your testosterone levels to be low.

id go back and insist on a full comprehensive thyroid investigation-could by default lift your Testosterone levels.

what has your dr said about these results so far to you?

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post

Those thyroid readings are below range and require further testing.

Total T4/T3 are of little diagnostic value since the free quota (FT4/FT3) is what's available on tissues and can be normal even when total assays are outside range, and that's what the TSH suggests.

As of test, yes it is very low for your age, but you need to pull FSH, LH and PRL as a bare minimum (in addiction to total and free T) in order to have a key to understand what's going on, whether the issue is primary (ie. testicular failure) or secondary (brain/pituitary).

I do deduct from the TBG reading that your SHBG must be also low/normal, hence you might still have free T within range.

You should also include a complete blood count (CBC) and a comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP).

And, what's most important... how do you feel?
    I feel very emotional like I wanna cry in a movie without a fucking reason I always feel hot even in winter with 4-5C I go out with out clothes and not get cold and I also can't Concentrate when I'm studying, nothing else( I know it's a lot already)

possibly the thyroid causing your testosterone levels to be low.

id go back and insist on a full comprehensive thyroid investigation-could by default lift your Testosterone levels.

what has your dr said about these results so far to you?
    I have an appointment on Tuesday with an endocrinologist, but my microbiologist told me that I must take medication for this

I feel very emotional like I wanna cry in a movie without a fucking reason I always feel hot even in winter with 4-5C I go out with out clothes and not get cold and I also can't Concentrate when I'm studying, nothing else( I know it's a lot already)
    Might not be meaningful at all, but sounds like you got plenty of estrogen. Add E2 to the labs I suggested above.

I have an appointment on Tuesday with an endocrinologist, but my microbiologist told me that I must take medication for this
    Proper diagnostic work up always comes first. If it can't be otherwise fixed then we can talk about therapy. That applies to the endo too.

Might not be meaningful at all, but sounds like you got plenty of estrogen. Add E2 to the labs I suggested above.

Proper diagnostic work up always comes first. If it can't be otherwise fixed then we can talk about therapy. That applies to the endo too.
    Ok when I will speak with my doctor I will inform you, about the estrogen that's what I'm thinking also

What is your %bf?

What is your %bf?
    I don't know never have count my BF but here is a photo of me

Name:	ForumRunner_20160930_134714.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	165617

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    A bit hard to understand the blood work language lol, but it seems you have hypogonadism due to hypothyroidism.

You are going to need more bloodwork, but take this values to show the endo.

Blog Entries
    • You need to get these blood tests.
    • Chemistry Panel (complete metabolic panel with lipids)
    • CBC
    • DHEA-S
    • DHT
    • Estradiol
    • PSA
    • Pregnenolone
    • Total and Free Testosterone
    • Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)
    • TSH
    • Free T3
    • Free T4
    • Cortisol

if anyone else can add, please do..

Your photo shows signs of elevated e2, your hips are wide.
    Has anything happened to you, do you do any drugs, prescription or illegal?

Good on you for trying to sort this out,too many men accept hormonal deficiency as normal, unfortunately so do drs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    A bit hard to understand the blood work language lol, but it seems you have hypogonadism due to hypothyroidism.

The problem is with that TSH he's nowhere hypothyroid unless FT4 is also low then diagnostic hypothesis would be central hypothyroidism, which is one big problem.

[LIST]

Good on you for trying to sort this out,too many men accept hormonal deficiency as normal, unfortunately so do drs.
    You noticed that too? I was dubious, but really wanted to ask him how long he felt this way. Could be some issue rooted in genetics.

• You need to get these blood tests.
    • Chemistry Panel (complete metabolic panel with lipids)
    • CBC
    • DHEA-S
    • DHT
    • Estradiol
    • PSA
    • Pregnenolone
    • Total and Free Testosterone
    • Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)
    • TSH
    • Free T3
    • Free T4
    • Cortisol

if anyone else can add, please do..

Yeah I'm CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease) patient, been on Hemodialysis Blood Treatment(dialysis) 7 years now I had complete kidney failure (my own kidneys) when I was 9 years old and then I got a kidney transplant from my mother as a donor which my body rejected after 8 years and since 17 years old I'm on dialysis, So when I was into the transplant situation I was taking many milligrams of immunosuppressive drugs and very hig mgs of Cortisol I'm talking about 72mgs for the first 2 months and then 36 for another 2 months and then 16 to 8 to 4 mgs for the last years(everyday). So maybe these drugs in combination with dialysis destroyed my hormonal system I think. The only good thing that came out of this was that I learned/forced to eat clean which means no more than 40g sugars a day no more than 2000mg potassium a day and no more than 1.5 liter a day of water(cause I don't pee....at all!) and the most important of all I don't know how the salt tasted, everything I eat is unsalted, but I have no problems of lifting heavy and eating much protein and carbs because as Studies have shown and also as my doctor said its very beneficial the exercise in this situation not only for building muschle( cause more muschle mean better dialysis and lower body fat which means lower water retention but it's good for me to sweat so I can reject the too much electrolytes) but for sweating also.

You noticed that too? I was dubious, but really wanted to ask him how long he felt this way. Could be some issue rooted in genetics.
    I was taking immunosuppressive drugs and cortisol big amounts cause I'm a kidney patient, maybe this plays a role, I don't know for sure.

Yep. Corticosteroids are suppressive of the HTPA. No idea about dialysis.

Yeah it's I'm Greek that's why lol,
    It's T4 33,69
    T3 0,47
    TSH 1,97
    TGB 13,4
    Testosterone (not free) 2,74, which looks pretty shitty to me

Yep. Corticosteroids are suppressive of the HTPA. No idea about dialysis.
    The blood circulates outside the body of the patient - it goes through a machine that has special filters. The blood comes out of the patient through a catheter (a flexible tube) that is inserted into the vein. The filters do what the kidney's do; they filter out the waste products from the blood. The filtered blood then returns to the patient via another catheter. The patient is, in effect, connected to a kind of artificial kidney. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	102 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	165625

Bonus info: there is 2 needles that going through your arm as you can see in the picture above and every session keeps 4 hours a day 3 times per week.

I know what it is, but not how it can impact your hormones, but after a quick look on the internet it seems renal disease is often accompanied by low/low-normal T:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2653914/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23326957

worth of note:

Male patients with reduced renal function are at risk of impaired reproductive health due to abnormal spermatogenesis, steroidogenesis and sexual function. Depending on the time of onset, hypothalamo–pituitary–testicular dysfunction in uraemia manifests clinically as delayed growth and puberty, sexual dysfunction, androgen deficiency, impaired spermatogenesis and infertility.1 Deteriorating quality of life in some patients with uraemia is also thought to contribute to sexual dysfunction.2,3 Erectile dysfunction, decreased libido and infertility are prominent clinical features in men with uraemia; these abnormalities are often apparent before the need for dialysis and they rarely normalise with the initiation of dialysis. In fact, they often deteriorate, so that as many as 56% of male patients receiving dialysis become impotent.4 Although normal sexual activity may be restored with a well‐functioning renal transplant, hypogonadism may persist in many people.2

I know what it is, but not how it can impact your hormones, but after a quick look on the internet it seems renal disease is often accompanied by low/low-normal T:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2653914/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23326957

worth of note:
    https://www.researchgate.net/profile...a652000000.pdf

From my research at the Internet and books I have found that with controlled Testosterone treatment will have the same impact as I was a normal person Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	165626

https://www.researchgate.net/profile...a652000000.pdf

From my research at the Internet and books I have found that with controlled Testosterone treatment will have the same impact as I was a normal person Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	165626
    Well done. Yes it can positively impact your health in many ways. Print some of these articles and show them to your endo in the case he's reluctant about replacement therapy.

Well done. Yes it can positively impact your health in many ways. Print some of these articles and show them to your endo in the case he's reluctant about replacement therapy.
    I will, thank you for your time your guidance and help! I will keep you posted for anything new, I hope I will pull this through!
    hammerheart likes this.

FrancoIsAChild is offline New Member
    Hi there! I noticed you're active on here. Would you mind looking at my thread on blood work? (Id post the link but I don't think I have permission)

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoIsAChild View Post

Hi there! I noticed you're active on here. Would you mind looking at my thread on blood work? (Id post the link but I don't think I have permission)
    Can you sent me the link in Pm?

Blog Entries
    Well done, hopefully your Dr will prescribe trt for you, it would undoubtly aid in recovery. Do keep an eye on your E2, I can forsee it getting out of hand if not closely watched.

Well done, hopefully your Dr will prescribe trt for you, it would undoubtly aid in recovery. Do keep an eye on your E2, I can forsee it getting out of hand if not closely watched.
    I will do it, thank you, Tuesday I have an appointment with my endo, when I will speak to him I will keep you posted for what he will say, but from my reaserch and as many years on this situation as patient and future Doctor (cause I'm a Pre-Med) in my point of view I can see that with controlled TRT and often blood tests ( I don't how it is at other countries but here in Greece if you have a Chronic Disease the blood test are for free or very minimum cost) the pros are more than the cons, and let's be honest, Shit I'm 25 years old testosterone like this isn't normal for my age at all.
    MrFreshmaker likes this.

Blog Entries
    Keep us updated, we need drs who understand , hopefully you work your way to becoming an endocrinologist, write a book, and change the. Worlds perceptions. Best of luck

Hi again guys, i just came back from my appointment with my endo, and we have a disgussion, so he told me that this level of Testo 2,74 ng/dl it's ''Normal'' cause the labs number says so and also told me that from age 20 to 60 it's normal to have this Testosterone , and i told him about my research which i found online from the Institute of American Endocrinology which it was from ages 18-25 normal testosterone levers where like 8+ ng/dl and he told me that my testosterone levels and the NON-URGE of having Sex the emotional breakdowns and the sweats are more like Psycological than Hormonal, he also told me that i shouldn't worry about my Thyroid also, and he wrote me some Blood Test which i took, DHEA-S, ESTRADIOL, SHBG and E2 because i push him to do it cause he insisted it that wasn't necessary those blood tests.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Think u mix up the measurments a bit. Normal range in ng/dl is 300 - 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    Think u mix up the measurments a bit. Normal range in ng/dl is 300 - 1000.
    Yeah sorry i meant 800+ ng/dl

Blog Entries
    Get a copy of your blood work and collate your own file. Do the new bloodtest and also get a copy to add to your file. Take your results to an integrative Dr, call your local compounding pharmacy and ask them for the name of a local Dr that prescribes hormone replacement therapy. Your endo is a fvckstick

Get a copy of your blood work and collate your own file. Do the new bloodtest and also get a copy to add to your file. Take your results to an integrative Dr, call your local compounding pharmacy and ask them for the name of a local Dr that prescribes hormone replacement therapy. Your endo is a fvckstick
    I was thinking the same thing, i'm just waiting for the blood tests to come out and see what i can do, i don't think that is a psychological issue, i got the numbers from statistics which says that test is fvcking low...it's like simple math.

i got the numbers from statistics which says that test is fvcking low...it's like simple math.
    It is.

I'd say take a boat an go see my endo here in Italy, but you can find another one just fine in Greece

Check online for someone specializing in TRT, these are often mixed endocrinologist/urologist professionals.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Hi again guys, i just came back from my appointment with my endo, and we have a disgussion, so he told me that this level of Testo 2,74 ng/dl it's ''Normal'' cause the labs number says so and also told me that from age 20 to 60 it's normal to have this Testosterone, and i told him about my research which i found online from the Institute of American Endocrinology which it was from ages 18-25 normal testosterone levers where like 8+ ng/dl and he told me that my testosterone levels and the NON-URGE of having Sex the emotional breakdowns and the sweats are more like Psycological than Hormonal, he also told me that i shouldn't worry about my Thyroid also, and he wrote me some Blood Test which i took, DHEA-S, ESTRADIOL, SHBG and E2 because i push him to do it cause he insisted it that wasn't necessary those blood tests.
    Was it a private consult, or from the national health system?

Simon, there is compounding pharmacies in europe (at least not in the same number as US and Australia).

Was it a private consult, or from the national health system?

Simon, there is compounding pharmacies in europe (at least not in the same number as US and Australia).
    Private Consult endo master in diabetic situations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information