Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy

Thread: 6 Week TRT lab work follow up

fossilk1 is offline Junior Member

6 Week TRT lab work follow up

Hey guys,

I am 29 and have been on TRT for little over a month now and had follow up labs done. I have been taking 50mg of Cypionate twice a week, with HCG 350iu three times a week. No AI right now. I do see my prolactin slightly elevated but wanted others to give any feedback if needed. Right now I do have higher libido, no issues with ED... but my anxiety/depression hasn’t shown improvements. Also still waiting to see if my frequent urination will resolve, that is my main concern. Thank you for the feedback!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6 Week TRT lab work follow up-8e250e4d-0aaa-443e-b9c8-bd89cfa0552a.jpeg   6 Week TRT lab work follow up-ad23ca9d-58c3-453c-8479-67ef1b75a9d3.jpeg   6 Week TRT lab work follow up-ff439895-aba7-4437-81f4-486096bb811e.jpeg  

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Labs look good. Was prolactin high to begin with? I got spooked earlier in the year when I ran a prolactin panel for the first time (been on TRT for 6 1/2 years) and it was similarly slightly out of range. I followed it up with another panel about 2 months ago and it was normal. So may advice would be to do the same. Give it some time and retest. If you have 3 high prolactin labs in a row over the course of several months, I'd consider seeing an endocrinologist. If not, it could just be normal fluctuation of the hormone. I too will continue monitoring mine, but I'm not worried at this point given the normal second lab.
    fossilk1 likes this.

macmathews is offline Junior Member
    For the sake of experience..
    What does prolactin do and what could cause it to be high ?

Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    Labs look good. Was prolactin high to begin with? I got spooked earlier in the year when I ran a prolactin panel for the first time (been on TRT for 6 1/2 years) and it was similarly slightly out of range. I followed it up with another panel about 2 months ago and it was normal. So may advice would be to do the same. Give it some time and retest. If you have 3 high prolactin labs in a row over the course of several months, I'd consider seeing an endocrinologist. If not, it could just be normal fluctuation of the hormone. I too will continue monitoring mine, but I'm not worried at this point given the normal second lab.
    Since last year prior to TRT (if you want to check my old threads), my prolactin was fine. MRI of the pituitary last month prior to TRT is normal. No abnormalities. I think the prolactin is a bogus test. Needs to be retested with LabCorp. Those labs were from my doctors office, which is a good reason for any readers out there to stick to LabCorp if they started there. Also this test was at 3pm.

So I agree wait a little and retest. May need Cabar.
    Last edited by fossilk1; 04-12-2018 at 10:36 AM.

I seem to remember from my graduate school days that prolactin was secreted in an episodic fashion like LH, but it has a longer half life. Not sure exactly, since it wasn't the topic of my research. I seem to remember too that (like LH) the secretion patterns were diurnal, with more being secreted at night. Also, I remember reading somewhere that it shared the same releasing hormone as TSH, so (in theory anyway) suppression of TSH with exogenous T3/T4 (or desiccated thyroid) should suppress prolactin too. Keep in mind that this is stuff that I learned well over 30 years ago, so the details are a bit fuzzy.

My point is that time of sampling may be important with prolactin, just as it is with LH and FSH. With episodic hormones, it may take several blood samples to get the overall picture of what's going on.
    Last edited by Youthful55guy; 04-12-2018 at 05:27 PM.

I seem to remember from my graduate school days that prolactin was secreted in an episodic fashion like LH, but it has a longer half life. Not sure exactly, since it wasn't the topic of my research. I seem to remember too that (like LH) the secretion patterns were diurnal, with more being secreted at night. Also, I remember reading somewhere that it shared the same releasing hormone as TSH, so (in theory anyway) suppression of TSH with exogenous T3/T4 (or desiccated thyroid) should suppress prolactin too. Keep in mind that this is stuff that I learned well over 30 years ago, so the details are a bit fuzzy.

My point is that time of sampling may be important with prolactin, just as it is with LH and FSH. With episodic hormones, it may take several blood samples to get the overall picture of what's going on.
    Lol no worries, it is all great information. What screwed me, was taking PGf2a. Dinolytic was introduced to me as a new peptide I never really did that much reading into it. But I still to day feel this peptide ruined my body’s way to retain water. Even though my osmality, and ADH is normal according to the ranges.

Fluids go through me so easily and I really do not drink that much water. If i’m lucky I get 60-80 ounces a day and I weigh 210-215lb.

If TRT fails to fix my main symptom, i’m back to square one. Exhausted all possibilities of bladder issues. All that is left is cystoscopy, and urine dynamics... and i’m not looking forward to any of that.

Seriously considering DDAVP (desmopressin). Also have been hearing high PGE2 can cause urination. Then again I have little knowledge of what actually is going on with me. Just that all tests point to be inconclusive besides low T.

https://www.steroid.com/Lutalyse.php
    Last edited by fossilk1; 04-12-2018 at 08:46 PM.

macmathews is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fossilk1 View Post
    Since last year prior to TRT (if you want to check my old threads), my prolactin was fine. MRI of the pituitary last month prior to TRT is normal. No abnormalities. I think the prolactin is a bogus test. Needs to be retested with LabCorp. Those labs were from my doctors office, which is a good reason for any readers out there to stick to LabCorp if they started there. Also this test was at 3pm.

So I agree wait a little and retest. May need Cabar.
    I thought sexual frequency vs blood draw timing affect results as well ?

Lol no worries, it is all great information. What screwed me, was taking PGf2a. Dinolytic was introduced to me as a new peptide I never really did that much reading into it. But I still to day feel this peptide ruined my body’s way to retain water. Even though my osmality, and ADH is normal according to the ranges.

Fluids go through me so easily and I really do not drink that much water. If i’m lucky I get 60-80 ounces a day and I weigh 210-215lb.

If TRT fails to fix my main symptom, i’m back to square one. Exhausted all possibilities of bladder issues. All that is left is cystoscopy, and urine dynamics... and i’m not looking forward to any of that.

Seriously considering DDAVP (desmopressin). Also have been hearing high PGE2 can cause urination. Then again I have little knowledge of what actually is going on with me. Just that all tests point to be inconclusive besides low T.

https://www.steroid.com/Lutalyse.php
    PGF2alpha is not a peptide. It belongs to a class of compounds called prostaglandins. I know of no research that indicates it has a positive effect on GH secretion. It is extremely dangerous to be handling this particular prostaglandin around pregnant women, as it's main medical use is to induce abortions by binding to prostaglandin receptors on the corpus luteum and preventing the production of progesterone, which is necessary during the first trimester to prevent the pregnancy woman from going through another estrous cycle.

However, you do bring up a good point about peptides (the real ones) and their effect on water retention. We know little about these peptides, and in particular what other pituitary hormones are affected when they are injected. Yes, they may be effective in stimulating GH secretion, but what about their effect on prolactin, ADH, and a host of other pituitary hormones. My personal experience is that I do believe that ADH is effected because I retain a lot of water the first 6 or so weeks, even with very low doses. The effect seems to diminish after about 6 weeks. I'm not saying don't use them (because I actually do), but rather use them cautiously at first and see how you respond. I suspect there are more guys like me out there that are sensitive to them.

Same applies to the use of HGH. I also retain a lot of water while using them. This may argue to a different mechanism other then ADH (perhaps aldosterone secretion), but again caution is called for before jumping head first into protocols that are often promoted in forums.

PGF2alpha is not a peptide. It belongs to a class of compounds called prostaglandins. I know of no research that indicates it has a positive effect on GH secretion. It is extremely dangerous to be handling this particular prostaglandin around pregnant women, as it's main medical use is to induce abortions by binding to prostaglandin receptors on the corpus luteum and preventing the production of progesterone, which is necessary during the first trimester to prevent the pregnancy woman from going through another estrous cycle.

However, you do bring up a good point about peptides (the real ones) and their effect on water retention. We know little about these peptides, and in particular what other pituitary hormones are affected when they are injected. Yes, they may be effective in stimulating GH secretion, but what about their effect on prolactin, ADH, and a host of other pituitary hormones. My personal experience is that I do believe that ADH is effected because I retain a lot of water the first 6 or so weeks, even with very low doses. The effect seems to diminish after about 6 weeks. I'm not saying don't use them (because I actually do), but rather use them cautiously at first and see how you respond. I suspect there are more guys like me out there that are sensitive to them.

Same applies to the use of HGH. I also retain a lot of water while using them. This may argue to a different mechanism other then ADH (perhaps aldosterone secretion), but again caution is called for before jumping head first into protocols that are often promoted in forums.
    Understood, those are good points. And thank you for correcting me. I am just worried that pgf2a may have permanently damage the way my body retains water.

Although my ADH tested 2.1 pg/ml (A.M. fasting) with the range of 0-4.7 according to Lab Corp. and from a lot of readings I have done doctors are not well orinented with diabeities insipidus. I have had 2 doctors already confirm with my ACTH levels that I do not have diabetes inspidius. And Osmality proves kidneys are concentrating normally.

I am just convinced my body has an hormonal imbalance (electrolytes?), I have yet to explore and am open to lab test I may have missed that do not involve sticking a drive down my dick lol.

Could a low dose of ddavp actually help me or do more harm? I read kids taking this for nocturia which to me seems like a medication thrown round for uncontrolled urination issues at a young age, but may be beneficial to others when exhausting all other issues related to renal and bladder.

By the way I am taking 500mg of Cipro and Flagyl given by my doctor for a possible G.I infection. Once the course is completed, I will now have out ruled all infections types and parasitic entities that may impact the bladder. Also my Igg/igm are negative for Lymes and of infections.

Thank you youthful, you are very knowledgeable than a lot of my doctors which get paid a lot and have yet to direct me in a path of better health. Wonder if my insurance will pay you... lol.
    Last edited by fossilk1; 04-13-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Wish I could help more, but you're getting out of my league and into matters I know little about. Hope you figure it out.

Just wanted to give an update.

Went in For a fistulotomy and have been really sore. My issue may be related to my nerves from a really bad fissure in the past. Seeing I have exhausted all possibilities from my bladder, I am starting to focus more energy in resolving my pelvic floor muscle area.

TRT is working great in fixing my mood and keeping me positive. HCG has been great also. My protocol so far is 50mg twice a week of Cypionate , and HCG 350iu three times a week. I may tweak my Cypionate to 60-70. No AI is being added seeing my E2 is stable.

I will be adding my progesterone and pregnolone very soon out of curiosity for testing.

Just wanted to give an update.

Went in For a fistulotomy and have been really sore. My issue may be related to my nerves from a really bad fissure in the past. Seeing I have exhausted all possibilities from my bladder, I am starting to focus more energy in resolving my pelvic floor muscle area.

TRT is working great in fixing my mood and keeping me positive. HCG has been great also. My protocol so far is 50mg twice a week of Cypionate , and HCG 350iu three times a week. I may tweak my Cypionate to 60-70. No AI is being added seeing my E2 is stable.

I will be adding my progesterone and pregnolone very soon out of curiosity for testing.
    Do you mean DHEA? Guys should not be messing with progesterone.

Do you mean DHEA? Guys should not be messing with progesterone.
    As lab work. I am not correcting levels, just want to have a baseline reading since I have done pgf2a a year ago and I have unsettled feelings about it.

As lab work. I am not correcting levels, just want to have a baseline reading since I have done pgf2a a year ago and I have unsettled feelings about it.
    OK, I understand testing, not supplementation. No harm in testing for it, but I don't see how taking a prostaglandin will impact on progesterone levels in men, particularly given the extremely short half life of prostaglandins in the body. I'll be interested in seeing the results.

Thread Information