MikeOfEster is offline New Member

HRT Induced High Libido Suddenly GONE!

If any of you know some of my previous posts you will know I have had great results from testosterone replacement therapy including great increases in Libido, complete absence of erectile disfunction and an ability to ejaculate several times daily - BUT SUDDENLY WITH NO WARNING ITS ALL GONE!

I ALSO note that as the efficacy of T. went away so has my acne, a common side effect of T. I've ordered blood work, but in the meantime anyone with any ideas?

I'm thinking maybe my base T powder went bad, out dated? Did my own T production shut down? Did some external factor interfere with hormone metabolism? Did increased estradiol take over?

Any thoughts will be of interest.

waltr64 is offline Junior Member
    That usually means you estrogen is high. I have been on TRT for over 10 years and you have to keep everything in balance. Proviron can help with the libido but you will need something like Araimdix as well. Until then lower your T a little. What are you dosing right now? How old are you?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Really need to get your lab values before changing anything. It could even be DHT related. It sounds as if you are on a self prescribed TRT and homebrewing your own TRT? Wait....you mentioned test base powder. Are you the one making his own transdermal cream? If so, you have a lot of variables to rule out.

Edit: I went back and looked, I thought I recognized the name. You don't use HCG and posted in the lab/homebrew forum that you go by how you feel vs. labwork.

I hope you get the problem squared away. Post up what the issue is when you get it narrowed down and keep the thread updated, please.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-07-2018 at 10:41 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOfEster View Post
    If any of you know some of my previous posts you will know I have had great results from testosterone replacement therapy including great increases in Libido, complete absence of erectile disfunction and an ability to ejaculate several times daily - BUT SUDDENLY WITH NO WARNING ITS ALL GONE!

I ALSO note that as the efficacy of T. went away so has my acne, a common side effect of T. I've ordered blood work, but in the meantime anyone with any ideas?

I'm thinking maybe my base T powder went bad, out dated? Did my own T production shut down? Did some external factor interfere with hormone metabolism? Did increased estradiol take over?

Any thoughts will be of interest.
    Your own natural T production should be nil anyway from the presence of exogenous T from your transdermal.

Just a wild guess, because w/o labs it is just a guess, but I would say either your transdermal carrier went bad or your raws are bad. Bad powder = low T, low DHT, and probably low E2 since your T values would be low, but again that is just a guess.

Was it a sudden change or has it gradually been getting worse?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thanks for the good responses but "think" I have narrowed it down to a badly mixed batch that was discarded but I had a couple of weeks supply of the bad stuff at the bottom of the pump bottle. When I say bad I mean the base TNE was not ground fine enough to blend and dissolve. I made a fresh supply for today onwards. Regarding HCG my urologist advised against it, preferring a one month break from HRT once a year. He said he only prescribes HCG if strong sperm are needed saying his patients are generally feeling bad when taking the HCG. I've heard different but that is what he told me.

Personally, I found HCG to be a very good addition/useful part of my TRT. Glad you have an idea of a potential cause for the problems!

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Personally, I found HCG to be a very good addition/useful part of my TRT. Glad you have an idea of a potential cause for the problems!
    How often and what dose of HGC did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOfEster View Post
    How often and what dose of HGC did you use?
    250iu- 2x/week. For the last few months, I've been injecting my HCG the day prior to my T injections ( I inject 60mg 2x/week). Injection the HCG the day prior to my T injections hasn't affected my labs in a negative way and I a shade more energetic. Probably splitting hairs doing that but I notice a bit of a difference.

Thread Information