• 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy

Thread: New user, looking for some insights

nava786 is offline New Member

New user, looking for some insights

Hey guys,

Im new to TRT, I went to an anti aging clinic and go my blood work done (see attached) doctor told me I am abnormally low for my age and put me on 1ml of Testosterone cypionate once a week, Anastrozole 1 mg oral tablet 1 tablet(s) 24 and 48 hours after testosterone injection , and 1000 IU of HCG every other day.

My question is that I really don't know what to expect, I've been super low energy for about a year now and my drive/motivation has been just as low. Im about 30lbs over weight right now. Im hoping that this treatment will help with all these symptoms.

Id appreciate any insight on my labs, treatment, and best practices.

Appreciate the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    2mg of Anastrozole per week, and 3500iu of HCG per week . damn ! its pretty obvious this doctor isn't writing a script for these things, he is selling it to you out of his clinic directly (thats why its overkill, $$) or using a compounding pharmacy for him to sell it to you
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 02-19-2019 at 08:42 PM.
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

Rjr1983 is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like you got a good thing going, shady doc or not. Thats a hell of a "script" for trt.

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjr1983 View Post
    Sounds like you got a good thing going, shady doc or not. Thats a hell of a "script" for trt.
    Depends on what he's paying ...

Sent from my JSN-AL00 using Tapatalk

either way it sounds like he is paying for a bunch of meds he likely does NOT need at those dosages. doc should of prescribed test and followed up over a period of weeks with blood work before going with the other meds, let alone at those super high doses . he's likely just selling meds for a profit

just to put it in perspective . a pro bodybuilder running 1000mg of test per week can easily get by with .75mg of AI per week (or none) and 500iu of HCG per week (or none) .. and this doc has this guy running 3+ times those amounts right out of the gate with just a low trt dose of test

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    just to put it in perspective . a pro bodybuilder running 1000mg of test per week can easily get by with .75mg of AI per week (or none) and 500iu of HCG per week (or none) .. and this doc has this guy running 3+ times those amounts right out of the gate with just a low trt dose of test
    For sure, and with a littlw research (provided hes being given these things to take at home of course) he can adjust. I just think its nice to get the gear pharma grade without worrying about customs/underdosing/contamination etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisp83TRT View Post
    Depends on what he's paying ...

Sent from my JSN-AL00 using Tapatalk
    True, but I'd be willing to pay more for pharma garunteed.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nava786 View Post
    Hey guys,

Im new to TRT, I went to an anti aging clinic and go my blood work done (see attached) doctor told me I am abnormally low for my age and put me on 1ml of Testosterone cypionate once a week, Anastrozole 1 mg oral tablet 1 tablet(s) 24 and 48 hours after testosterone injection , and 1000 IU of HCG every other day.

My question is that I really don't know what to expect, I've been super low energy for about a year now and my drive/motivation has been just as low. Im about 30lbs over weight right now. Im hoping that this treatment will help with all these symptoms.

Id appreciate any insight on my labs, treatment, and best practices.

Appreciate the help.
    Agree with previous comments that this doc is in it for your money and not your health. I suggest you start with reading the sticky near the top of the first page of this forum on "Best practices in TRT".

Your Total and Free T do indeed look low. However, I don't see an LH/FSH test to help determine if you are primary or secondary. With T that low, I'd want to rule out a pituitary tumor. A prolactin lab might also be useful in that regard before sticking my head into an MRI machine.

If that is a standard (USA) 200 mg/mL T oil-based solution, that's way too much for a starting dose.

That's a hell of a lot of HCG. I'm at 1/7 that dose and that's about double a standard TRT dose, so that would put you at about 14X standard.

That's a hell of a lot of anastrozole to be taking in one dose. Then again, that's a hell of a lot of T to be taking in one dose, so maybe you actually do need it to control the side-effects of that whopping T-dose.
    nava786 likes this.

Thanks for the feed back guys. I am asking for my labs to be resent to me as I think they were incomplete and they actually included another patients labs that I threw out. So this is a high dose of everything it sounds like. Am I running any extra risks or will I just get a huge result from it?

Also, I was trying to find out from him if he thought that I could have been running low for a while now being that it was so low. About 4 years ago I was in the best shape of my life and I was just eating super clean, working out 5 times a week and throwing in occasional runs but mostly stayed away from cardio. It did take me a long long time to get there, I think I just forced my body to respond with the extreme discipline I had but I always did feel a bit weaker than I felt I should be.

Now I have no drive or energy, Im sure this is regular due to aging but the drop off was pretty extreme and trying to get back in the gym has been difficult. I have now dosed twice and my energy is still low but my muscle strength and endurance is noticeably rising after the 2nd week.

I appreciate the feedback and am willing to jump in and do the research just want to know where to start.

As soon as I get the entire lab report i'll repost it for some feedback.

Thanks

This was in 2014 at my peak fitness level

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jess.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	175798

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    You're going to have tons of health issues on 2mg Adex per week.
    trt likes this.

Thanks for the feed back guys. I am asking for my labs to be resent to me as I think they were incomplete and they actually included another patients labs that I threw out. So this is a high dose of everything it sounds like. Am I running any extra risks or will I just get a huge result from it?

Also, I was trying to find out from him if he thought that I could have been running low for a while now being that it was so low. About 4 years ago I was in the best shape of my life and I was just eating super clean, working out 5 times a week and throwing in occasional runs but mostly stayed away from cardio. It did take me a long long time to get there, I think I just forced my body to respond with the extreme discipline I had but I always did feel a bit weaker than I felt I should be.

Now I have no drive or energy, Im sure this is regular due to aging but the drop off was pretty extreme and trying to get back in the gym has been difficult. I have now dosed twice and my energy is still low but my muscle strength and endurance is noticeably rising after the 2nd week.

I appreciate the feedback and am willing to jump in and do the research just want to know where to start.

As soon as I get the entire lab report i'll repost it for some feedback.

Thanks

This was in 2014 at my peak fitness level

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jess.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	175798
    Regarding T-dose, if your SHBG is in the normal range, that amount of T (200 mg T-cyp per week) will send your t into the superphysiologic range beginning about 24 hours post-injection through about day 4 and then dropping back into the "normal" range. Going superphysiological in the short run will not harm you, but over the long haul, it will not be sustainable. Your DHT, E2, and hemoglobin will go out of range without some sort of intervention.

For E2, you are already taking anastrozole, which is a difficult medication to dose. Often guys go overboard and crash their E2 and end up feeling worse than before, not to mention coming down with a bad case of ED (guys need estradiol too).

High DHT can cause a number of side-effects including accelerated hair loss and BPH. It also speeds up hemoglobin production. You'll probably need to go on Finasteride to control it.

You are much better off starting off with a smaller dose and injecting it more frequently. I describe this in much more detail in the sticky thread on "Best Practices in TRT". I suggest you read it.

Not to complicate matters, but there are some situations with high SHBG where a higher dose of T might be needed. I will be posting more on that subject in the weeks and months to come as I begin experimenting with adjusting my protocol to accommodate my high SHBG. This is pretty advanced stuff and I don't want you to get lost in the details. The "Best Practices" outlines where you should focus your research.
    nava786 likes this.

The doc did prescribe finasteride as well, I didn't mention because I thought it was to control the hair loss and didn't know how relevant it would be, here is the full script:

Finasteride 5mg Tablet oral tablet 1 tablet(s) once a day oral route
    doxycycline monohydrate 100 mg oral capsule [Doxycycline Monohydrate] 1 capsule(s) once a day oral route
    Latanoprost/Finasteride 0.06/0.1% topical foam 1 application once a day at bedtime topical route (He prescribed this but I didn't purchase it)

He mentioned the ED but he said he would rather over dose on that then cut back as needed rather than to deal with breast tissue forming. I did read your sticky last night, Im still trying to get a handle on all the moving parts of this. Right now I see all positives but as I told the doctor my life longevity is most important to me.

Im still waiting on the complete labs which ill post to see if there is additional information that might be useful.

Would you recommend maybe cutting the dose in half and applying every 3 days?

The doc did prescribe finasteride as well, I didn't mention because I thought it was to control the hair loss and didn't know how relevant it would be, here is the full script:

Finasteride 5mg Tablet oral tablet 1 tablet(s) once a day oral route
    doxycycline monohydrate 100 mg oral capsule [Doxycycline Monohydrate] 1 capsule(s) once a day oral route
    Latanoprost/Finasteride 0.06/0.1% topical foam 1 application once a day at bedtime topical route (He prescribed this but I didn't purchase it)

He mentioned the ED but he said he would rather over dose on that then cut back as needed rather than to deal with breast tissue forming. I did read your sticky last night, Im still trying to get a handle on all the moving parts of this. Right now I see all positives but as I told the doctor my life longevity is most important to me.

Im still waiting on the complete labs which ill post to see if there is additional information that might be useful.

Would you recommend maybe cutting the dose in half and applying every 3 days?
    That's a lot of finasteride if you don't have BHP issues. By comparison, I finished a short 6-week experiment with a higher level of T-cyp (35 mg/day = 245 mg/week). I wanted to test the effect of high T doses on overcoming SHBG. In retrospect, I went way too high on T-cyp. Never the less, I dosed my Finasteride at 1 mg/day and anastrozole at 0.5mg/week (~0.07 mg/day using eye dropper method). Prior to this my standard protocol was 50 mg T-cyp E3D.

On my standard protocol, which involves a very small dose of stanozolol to control high SHBG, my Total T was around 1000 ng/dL (normal range 348-916) and Free T was around 29 pg/mL (normal range 6.6-18.1). My DHT on the standard protocol always was above range, anywhere from 103-205 ng/dL (normal range 30-85) over 7 individual tests. When I bumped up my T-cyp by 210% but going on 1 mg finasteride /day and 0.5 mg anastrozole per week, my DHT actually dropped way down to 65 ng/dL (about mid-range of normal). However, my E2 shot up to 70.4 pg/mL. Bottom line, at that very high dose of T-cyp, 1 mg/day finasteride was enough to control my DHT and I need to at least double my anastrozole use.

After 4 weeks of going back to my standard protocol, I just started a new high T experiment a few days ago where I'm bumping T-cyp up to 58 mg E2D (~200 mg/week) and dosing finasteride at 0.8 mg/day (eye dropper method) and anastrozole at 0.7 mg/week (0.093 mg/day using eye dropper method). I will do a full set of labs in 4 weeks and adjust dosages as necessary and retest in another 4 weeks. I keep doing this until I get it right. My end goal is to stop use of stanozolol to suppress SHBG by letting the protein climb to it's natural levels and overcoming it by saturating with T so that enough spills over for adequate Free T.

youthfulguy ,, by lowering your SHBG with stanozolol I'm assuming your wanting to get more free t , but being SHBG binds more strongly to DHT then any other hormone your also displacing a lot of that bound DHT and thus elevating DHT levels by running it.
    did you notice a direct effect on DHT levels when you added the stanozolol and your SHBG came down ?

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    youthfulguy ,, by lowering your SHBG with stanozolol I'm assuming your wanting to get more free t , but being SHBG binds more strongly to DHT then any other hormone your also displacing a lot of that bound DHT and thus elevating DHT levels by running it.
    did you notice a direct effect on DHT levels when you added the stanozolol and your SHBG came down ?
    I've only been measuring it since June 2017 (~last 1.5 years). Looking more carefully at my records, I see that I had 8 tests (not 7 as I previously stated). Of those 8 tests all but 1 were conducted with some sort of SHBG suppression, mostly stanozolol (2 tests were with Anavar ). All of those tests with SHBG suppression were well above the normal range. The one test where I did not use SHBG suppression was the high T experiment previously discussed. In that experiment, I was taking 1 mg of Finasteride per day so you would expect lower DHT (and it was within range). Interestingly, SHBG came down to within the high end of the normal range for the first time ever (27 tests over 7+ years). Which makes me believe that the higher T level also had a moderate suppressive effect on SHBG. However, since that test was confounded by the use of finasteride, I don't think there are any conclusions that can be made on the effect of not suppressing SHBG with stanozolol and DHT levels.

Thread Information