boisebeast is offline Member

Calling all TRT Vets (Considering TRT in late 20s)

Hi everyone, some background first... I am in my late 20’s and have been training/dieting consistently for nearly 10 years now. I’ve been training naturally during that time (except for a brief sarm cycle a few years back that didn’t amount to anything significant). I’ve achieved, what I think most would consider, an impressive natural physique during this time, but want to take it to the next level.

I’ve been considering TRT and adopting a blast and cruise methodology. For me this would entail cruising on TRT and blasting intermittently with an oral (prohormones). This would allow me to blast/cruise legally (assuming I had a TRT prescription). This is extremely important to me as I really am not at all interested in venturing into illegal territory with drugs. I understand blasting with injectables would be much better, but I unfortunately can not obtain them legally to my knowledge (USA).

I’ll preface this next part by saying that I do want children so that aspect of using TRT does not concern me, nor do lifelong injections. I have a few questions about the process of obtaining a TRT prescription for those of you who have gone through it:

1. How many separate blood panels did you have to complete before obtaining your prescription? If more than one, roughy how long did you have to wait in between blood tests?

2. Should I attempt to see an anti-aging doctor or go through my primary physician?

3. Do you foresee my younger age (mid/late 20’s) as a barrier to getting a TRT prescription, even if my test levels are very low

I understand the permanence of this decision and am not a stranger to the world of bodybuilding drugs, hence why I lean towards a blast and cruse methodology instead of running PH cycles without a test base, then PCT. I believe blasting and cruising is the healthiest, legal option for me. Let me know if you have additional questions for me and thanks for taking the time to help me. I welcome all comments/criticism.
    Last edited by boisebeast; 07-30-2019 at 07:14 AM.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Go through a clinic as very few get turned away. If you go thru your personal Dr, good luck, most don’t have a clue and will mostly at best Rx you a cream.

Get dialed in then in a year or so you can approach your Dr and share what you are doing.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    -I assume you mean do not want children and that was a typo. Make sure your positive that's not going to change withing the next 10+ years.
    -According to Google, prohormones are illegal, so that won't work out very well.
    - if you're in your mid/late 20s I'd assume your test levels are around 700ish. Going on trt, even if you get a good doc who will keep you at the higher end of normal, the difference between 700 and 1000 are negligible. I don't recall you saying you actually had low T.
    Just things to consider. But to answer the actual question (in my experience):
    I went through my PCP he gave me androgen and he was useless and didn't know shit. That whole thing was a shit show.
    I then went to a urologist that was recommended by an acquaintance because he, "cared about treating symptoms, not numbers on bloodwork." i.e. he would let me be at the high end of TrT even though with my natural test levels were not low enough for more hardass docs to let me start trt (low 400s). Every doc pretty much starts you at 100ish and bumps it up depending on bloodwork and your feedback on how you feel. Usually pretty knowledgeable unless you start talking different applications of hcg , pct, steroids that are not testosterone . Only the more progressive, up to date docs really know about them. i.e. they're usually textbook/what they learned in school.
    You can go to an endocrinologist as well, they are typically much more strict about letting people on trt and even more so about keeping you in the middle of the normal range.
    You can go to a men's health clinic. They're usually easy to get on, profit driven, insurance doesn't cover a lot of it from what I have seen. But generally you will have a lot more leeway to guide your treatment.
    With the urologist, they administered my first injection after the first lab, then came back 10 days later for a short class on how to do the injections myself (I've heard of doctors that will only administer injections in the office, it's a scam to milk money out of your insurance imo) and got a script. Then more bloodwork 3 months later, then every 6 months from then on.

Thread Information