Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By C27H40O3
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Have to stop TRT to test low again for insurance company

Ctheli is offline New Member

Have to stop TRT to test low again for insurance company

So I've been on TRT since the first week of December 2019 I was at 160mg once a week and my test was at 770 and my Free T was at 26 I have been paying out of pocket because I didn't have health insurance (other than the VA) until now. But the insurance company says I have to have 2 tests that shows low T even though my first test was 210 well below the normal range. My T clinic says that I can't take any for 2 weeks and that should make my test show low again. My questions are, how much is it going to really drop in 2 weeks? That seems pretty short or is it because my body no longer is producing it so the swing is much more dramatic. And 2 is it going to impact me both physically and mentally for those 2 weeks. I'm currently just finished my first week and I feel slow, no energy, how much worse is it going to get?

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.
    You will feel like you are a paperclip and your bed is a large magnet. It’s a real chore to overcome its pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't tell if you're being serious or not.

completely serious. you drag ass for awhile until your system can start to produce your own measly supply.
    Ctheli likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctheli View Post
    So I've been on TRT since the first week of December 2019 I was at 160mg once a week and my test was at 770 and my Free T was at 26 I have been paying out of pocket because I didn't have health insurance (other than the VA) until now. But the insurance company says I have to have 2 tests that shows low T even though my first test was 210 well below the normal range. My T clinic says that I can't take any for 2 weeks and that should make my test show low again. My questions are, how much is it going to really drop in 2 weeks? That seems pretty short or is it because my body no longer is producing it so the swing is much more dramatic. And 2 is it going to impact me both physically and mentally for those 2 weeks. I'm currently just finished my first week and I feel slow, no energy, how much worse is it going to get?
    You'll feel rough, but once you have 2 labs showing low T, you'll be done with it. Keep copies of the labs for future reference.
    It will be a crappy 2 weeks, but you'll make it.
    Ctheli likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thanks I already fell "meh" in attitude. I just didn't know how much of effect if any because I can definitely tell I'm not producing anything on my own.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctheli View Post
    Thanks I already fell "meh" in attitude. I just didn't know how much of effect if any because I can definitely tell I'm not producing anything on my own.
    That's normal. I vwas started on a really old protocol and checking at my trough level I was less than half of the T level I was at when first diagnosed...it definitely blunts/shuts down your natty production.

Hang in there, man!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Ephemeral is offline Associate Member
    2 weeks of not pinning is not that bad dude, don't nocebo yourself, you'll be fine. People who have to restart their natty T production after a cycle go through much much worse.

Oh I'm good I can just tell I'm without a shot and didn't know how low I'll drop by Thursday (day 14) my troth is 770

Have to stop TRT to test low again for insurance company

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    don't nocebo yourself, you'll be fine.
    I had to look up that word. The opposite of placebo.

Nice word of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I did it, I was stayed up for 30 hours the last day and squeaked by at 317. Good thing it's quarantine time and I had nothing else to do. They gave me a 200mg dose and I will be back on 160mg a week unless my blood work shows that my blood thinned out enough then they will up me to 180. Though this 200mg feels perfect.

Thread Information