Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Adding deca to TRT and avoiding detection

Modernist is offline New Member

Adding deca to TRT and avoiding detection

Hello -- I'm on TRT (100mg/week) and would really like to try adding low-dose deca to help with joints (and if I got some added muscle that would be great too). I tried to convince my doctor to put me on deca but no dice. My doctor practically dumped me just for asking about it. So I decided to try this on my own. I was thinking of adding an equal dose of deca, or maybe a little less, depending on how it goes.

I don't want this to show up on my labs, so I am curious to know how long I should stop deca before a lab in order for it everything to look the same as it does just being on TRT. I don't have a huge amount of knowledge about this so apologies if this is a stupid question....any advice is appreciated.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    no one tests your Nandrolone levels in bloodwork. But you need to be aware that you could have elevated levels of prolactin, would be wise to add some cabergoline.

Deca can fuck with your blood test.
    It depends on which method they use.

If they use a certain blood test then deca will skew your testosterone level up.
    I would find out first what method of testing they have used in your last couple of blood tests.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    As Deadlifting Dog posted, ECLIA tests will be skewed by nandrolone , it is listed as an interference substance for that type test.
    Make sure the LC/MS test is used.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thanks so much for the information. What would be a good reason to ask for an LC/MS test without mentioning deca ?
    Last edited by Modernist; 09-16-2020 at 03:57 PM.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    As Deadlifting Dog posted, ECLIA tests will be skewed by nandrolone , it is listed as an interference substance for that type test.
    Make sure the LC/MS test is used.
    Good info. I actually didn't know this. I was 4 weeks into a 500 mg NPP/wk cycle when i had bloodwork done while on TRT. free test was slightly lower but doc said it was nothing to worry about.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    Good info. I actually didn't know this. I was 4 weeks into a 500 mg NPP/wk cycle when i had bloodwork done while on TRT. free test was slightly lower but doc said it was nothing to worry about.
    There's a .gov PDF online that has a pretty extensive list of interference substances for ECLIA tests.

Also, there's a post here in the TRT forum by a member called Chaffeur. If I recall correctly it had values from both ECLIA and LC/M$ testing.
    Modernist likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thanks, really appreciate the help

MILKMAN73 is offline New Member
    I found a TRT clinic that offers Deca if you have sore joints. Idk the price, though.

Thread Information