Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cylon357
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Bloodwork Results Back...Low T and Free T

Clive17 is offline New Member

Bloodwork Results Back...Low T and Free T

Good morning...I just got my results back and my Test level is 159 (264-916 is normal) and free test is at a 5.0 (6.8-21.5 is normal). Now I'm at a loss on the next steps. I had done this at a sports performance place via Labcorp (insurance reasons) and have reached out to my primary doc to discuss. Also, I was just about to start a Test Cycle (next tuesday) for an upcoming vacation in april. Do I postpone it until i can get into my doc? Its not about the vacation cycle, I'm just now freaking out at the age of 44t

thanks!

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive17 View Post
    Good morning...I just got my results back and my Test level is 159 (264-916 is normal) and free test is at a 5.0 (6.8-21.5 is normal). Now I'm at a loss on the next steps. I had done this at a sports performance place via Labcorp (insurance reasons) and have reached out to my primary doc to discuss. Also, I was just about to start a Test Cycle (next tuesday) for an upcoming vacation in april. Do I postpone it until i can get into my doc? Its not about the vacation cycle, I'm just now freaking out at the age of 44t

thanks!
    Nothing to freak out about here. You are low t. Your doc should talk to you about getting on trt.

I would hold off on the cycle until you talk with your doc. They should be putting you on trt.

Did you by chance pull LH? Also, anything else going on that might impact your numbers?
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Nothing to freak out about here. You are low t. Your doc should talk to you about getting on trt.

I would hold off on the cycle until you talk with your doc. They should be putting you on trt.

Did you by chance pull LH? Also, anything else going on that might impact your numbers?
    Let me go back to the test results...theres a laundry list of stuff.

Nothing that I can think of that got these results in a bad way.

Appreciate you getting back to me.

Blog Entries
    Let me go back to the test results...theres a laundry list of stuff.

Nothing that I can think of that got these results in a bad way.

Appreciate you getting back to me.
    Low LH with low T can indicate secondary hypogonadism. Low T with higher LH can indicate primary hypogonadism.

Since you cycle, that distinction isn't that important, I think. Going on TRT will just make cycling easier.

Agreed...is it complex to be on TRT and cycle at the same time?

Blog Entries
    Agreed...is it complex to be on TRT and cycle at the same time?
    Not in the least. Your cycle is the "blast" portion of "blast and cruise". You would just run your cycle aka "blast", then drop down to your TRT dose and "cruise". No need for PCT, as you never come off. You just add something extra during your blast.
    Last edited by Cylon357; 01-03-2022 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Clarity

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Exactly what Cylon said. I'll just add that you need to be on TRT and stabilized for a good 6 months minimum before jumping into the blast mode.

Primarily because you need to get familiar with your Dr's testing schedule. You don't want to be in the middle of a blast and it's time to go in for labs.
    Familiarize yourself with The types of assays for T that your Dr. orders....mainly ELISA vs LC-MS/MS (especially if you're incorporating deca in your blasts).
    Cylon357 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Not in the least. Your cycle is the "blast" portion of "blast and cruise". You would just run your cycle aka "blast", then drop down to your TRT dose and "cruise". No need for PCT, as you never come off. You just add something extra during your blast.
    thank you!

Thread Information