Stoli64 is offline New Member

T levels still rising even with lower dose

Back in November I posted the following:

I've been on TRT for 8 years and have been very consistent with my dosing at 100 mg Test Cyp per week divided every 3.5 days. Nothing else used.
    For the past 6 years my levels have been running in the mid 600s with my E running in mid 20s to 30s.
    I've always been in pretty good shape for being in my mid fifties, but over the past year I really cleaned up the diet, quit drinking and added running to my workouts. The result is a thirty pound weight loss, from 215 to 185. I'm 6'3. So I'm pretty lean and look and feel great.
    About six months ago my test levels went up to 870 with E at 43. Then last week it was at 981 with E at 67. Again, no changes in dose.
    My plan is to drop my dose to 80 mg per week for a while to get the levels back to "normal". I don't mind the test being a little higher, but I'd like the E a bit lower without taking anything to lower [/FONT]it. I feel fine at these levels, except the sex drive is a little low.

I lowered my dose from 100/week to 80/week (both divided every 3.5 days) for the past two months.

Just had bloodwork done again at Quest and here's what I got:

Total T 1035 Reference Range: 250-1100 ng/dL
    Free T 222.5 Reference Range: 35.0-155.0 pg/mL
    E Ultrasensitive 74 Reference Range: < OR = 29 pg/mL[/B]

Other than the weight loss, running and quitting drinking, I have no idea why the levels keep going up. Wondering if I should lower the dose again.

Any thought??

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Running (within reason), weight loss, and quitting booze all will help.

If you want to lower your E without an AI, maybe spread the dose out a bit more, like EOD. You could do sub-q at that dose (actually, you probably could do sub-q at your current dosing scheme). Spreading the dose out helps smooth the peaks and valleys associated with injections, and there is some evidence that suggests that sub-q injections are more slowly absorbed. Note that not every carrier oil is friendly for sub-q, though evidently grapeseed oil and MCT are well tolerated by most.

All that jibber jabber out of the way, how do you feel? If you feel good, and your other blood markers are in range, they I say do nothing. Keep an eye on BP, Hematocrit, etc but if all looks good, and you feel good, then welcome to the Promised Land!

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    To add to the E discussion, which again, if it is not causing problems, I wouldn't do anything about, there are other AAS that might be a good add on, if you can swing it. Primo, masteron and proviron all have estrogenic control properties, though be aware that they are all DHT derived... maybe that means nothing for your prostate and hair line, just something else to watch for.

Thread Information