Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TRT Advice??

EBuck is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    yes the .25 cut was a challenge for me...wouldnt have been fun if pressed for time...u do have a pill cutter ?
    Yeah I got one a couple of years ago, but I'm guessing the blade is probably rusted by now. I will need to get it down and take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by kloan View Post
    Is taking adex necessary for life or just until levels become normal?
    Are there any sides associated with arimidex?
    My doctor doesn't want me on it long term.

She specifically said that once my body gets used to the higher TEST levels it should think it is normal.

The problem she says that my body was used to low TEST and when it got high, my body started trying to bring it back to the 'balance' it was accustomed to.

Ultimately she wants to try and wean me off of the a-dex so that all I am taking is the TEST. She said she has had some luck weaning men off of it, but that not all men can come off of it. Pretty much it is on a per person basis.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by EBuck View Post
    My doctor doesn't want me on it long term.

She specifically said that once my body gets used to the higher TEST levels it should think it is normal.

The problem she says that my body was used to low TEST and when it got high, my body started trying to bring it back to the 'balance' it was accustomed to.

Ultimately she wants to try and wean me off of the a-dex so that all I am taking is the TEST. She said she has had some luck weaning men off of it, but that not all men can come off of it. Pretty much it is on a per person basis.
    ebuck,

wut wuz your doc's reason for wanting you weaned off arimidex

She didn't give a reason, other than the implied: "If you don't need it, why take it?"

The way she explained is was that if you body gets re-accustomed to having high T and low E, it will try to maintain that balance on it's own.

She did say that not all men worked that way and that we may find that I will have to stay on it forever.

Of course it could just be a ploy to get more money from me. I would hope she wouldn't be jerking me up and down the TEST chain just to milk more money out of me though.

She didn't give a reason, other than the implied: "If you don't need it, why take it?"

The way she explained is was that if you body gets re-accustomed to having high T and low E, it will try to maintain that balance on it's own.

She did say that not all men worked that way and that we may find that I will have to stay on it forever.

Of course it could just be a ploy to get more money from me. I would hope she wouldn't be jerking me up and down the TEST chain just to milk more money out of me though.
    she actually sounds pretty smart...i just wanted to know if she knew something

kloan is offline Junior Member
    Interesting.. that makes sense.

Hope it works out for you. Please keep us updated in regards to arimidex and leveling of hormones.. this is something I'd like to know for myself.

Sorry was out of town last week so I didn't get a chance to update everyone. Even though there wasn't much to say.

This week, however, is a different story. I have started to regain my libido. And the boys size is starting to come back.

The doc said 1-2 weeks but it was closer to 4 weeks for me. And now I start the eow for 4 weeks.

More blood work in a couple of weeks so we can see where everything is.

Sorry I haven't updated you guys, but there really hasn't been much to say.

I haven't had my blood work done when I was planning on it. My wife accidentally doubled up on the house payment this month and w/ Christmas there just wasn't money to go have blood work done.

The EOW on the Arimidex seems to be working out so far. I'm not sure I am going to be able to go to Once a Month. I seem to notice by the end of the 2nd that my libido had dropped and I am really tired.

Hopefully after the end of the year I will be able to get back in to the Dr.'s office for some blood work so we can see where the numbers are all at.

Oh and Merry Christmas everyone!

Sorry it has been so long updating this thread.

Well I'm on injections now. The pellets worked well, but it they didn't last the full 6 months as advertised, more like 4.5 months. And paying $3000/year was a little bit on the crazy side.

Picked up my 5mL (200mg/mL) bottle yesterday and started my injections today.

The prescription says 1mL/EOW, but I recall someone saying that you roller coaster on the EOW injections. So I am doing .5mL/week instead. That will get me at 100mg/week and hopefully keep a bit more stable.

Oh and the great part! It cost me $18 for the 5mL bottle. A substantial amount cheaper for sure.
    Last edited by EBuck; 04-05-2009 at 06:52 AM.

Sorry it has been so long updating this thread.

Well I'm on injections now. The pellets worked well, but it they didn't last the full 6 months as advertised, more like 4.5 months. And paying $3000/year was a little bit on the crazy side.

Picked up my 5mL (200mg/mL) bottle yesterday and started my injections today.

The prescription says 1mL/EOW, but I recall someone saying that you roller coaster on the EOW injections. So I am doing .5mL/week instead. That will get me at 100mg/week and hopefully keep a bit more stable.

Oh and the great part! It cost me $18 for the 5mL bottle. A substantial amount cheaper for sure.
    kudos ebuck...
    how about youre arimidex protocol?

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    kudos ebuck...
    how about youre arimidex protocol?
    So this is a different doc. And because of that, he wants to 'wait and see'.

He has an endo there on staff and so he is consulting w/ him.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    yea EOW injections arent the best

so good job on doin every week

just sucks that your only getting 100mg a week

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    yea EOW injections arent the best

so good job on doin every week

just sucks that your only getting 100mg a week
    I was under the impression that was the average dosage on here.

Also I had rather start off lower and then build up to a higher dosage if needed versus starting off high and having to reduce it.

This doctor has been pretty good at listening and he seems to believe that I have done my homework and is more willing to work with me.

ZonaDave is offline Member
    I was under the impression that was the average dosage on here.

Also I had rather start off lower and then build up to a higher dosage if needed versus starting off high and having to reduce it.

This doctor has been pretty good at listening and he seems to believe that I have done my homework and is more willing to work with me.
    correct, 100mg/week is the gold standard to start with and increase as needed based on symptoms and bloodwork results.

tyward is offline Associate Member
    I just had to comment on how interesting this thread has been to follow. Thanks EBuck, you've given a nice "longer term" thread that relly helps me think about the specifics of my own HRT. Great job!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information