View Poll Results: Is prescription testosterone causing heart attacks,strokes & premature death? (Pic)

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 9.30%
  • No

29 67.44%
  • Maybe

10 23.26%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Is prescription testosterone causing heart attacks,strokes & premature death? (Pic)

suprarob is offline Associate Member
    Lately I've had some issues arise. Should i state them here or start a new thread?

yettibecsuse is offline Associate Member
    The positive aspects are that more doctors are becoming aware and checking for low testosterone in men as a indicator of physical and mental wellbeing which is a very positive thing. previously only womens hormones were identified as an a indicator of health and mens weren't even considered. Who knows how many depressed and suicidal men in the past may have had no major essential male hormones.

BFBeach is offline New Member
    I think some of the strokes, clots associated with HRT is due to patients not being tested for Leiden Factor 5 before starting HRT. Many people have never ever heard of it and I would say that this test will be implemented before too long for any and all patients considering HRT. I have a thread on it here with what I discovered when I started HRT. I do miss my HRT though.

Lifted1 is offline Member
    No. my wife and i watched a 1+ minute class action law suit commercial last night for "testosterone replacement therapy" and had a laugh about it. bunch of clowns trying to capitalize on morons not keeping tabs on their bloods.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by BFBeach View Post
    I think some of the strokes, clots associated with HRT is due to patients not being tested for Leiden Factor 5 before starting HRT. Many people have never ever heard of it and I would say that this test will be implemented before too long for any and all patients considering HRT. I have a thread on it here with what I discovered when I started HRT. I do miss my HRT though.
    Interesting

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I just don't buy that guys that don't have follow up blood work are having heart attacks because of TRT. OK, fine, I'm sure there have been some but a significant number, not a chance on this earth. There are more people that die a year from taking Tylenol.
    lovbyts likes this.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    thing is....i have a very very very poor inherited heart link.....

i think its based on the lipoprotein A alone....and my mom and her siblings and mom all had heart disease

i knew i had this since my mid 30's

got put on trt due to low T and symptoms

lipids and bp always good to very good and had been in decent shape and exercised

had a heart attack in may of 2012 and got a stent

then put on cholesterol and heart relaxer drugs and aspirin daily

first time hearing about he leiden 5 factor

i try to donate blood regularly

actually a few months behind as of now

nuttyproffsser is offline Associate Member
    i always wounder if your urologist gets u on testosterone therapy for like 3 months using intravenous injections 2 shoots of 200 ml a months...i have never heard of any of them put a patient on a PCT cycle after 3 months...wouldnt your body shoot down eventually after a while? i believe thats why people that were prescribe Testosterone weather is injections or jell were having heart attack. a friend of my father was doing the injections for like 6 months and after hes doctor never put him on clomid & tamox PCT ever is that even normal?

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nuttyproffsser View Post
    i always wounder if your urologist gets u on testosterone therapy for like 3 months using intravenous injections 2 shoots of 200 ml a months...i have never heard of any of them put a patient on a PCT cycle after 3 months...wouldnt your body shoot down eventually after a while? i believe thats why people that were prescribe Testosterone weather is injections or jell were having heart attack. a friend of my father was doing the injections for like 6 months and after hes doctor never put him on clomid & tamox PCT ever is that even normal?
    No doctor that has any idea of what he's doing when it comes to testosterone would put a patient on a PCT plan, it wouldn't make sense. The point of TRT is because you don't have the ability to make testosterone, so you need to take testosterone. Yes, your natural production is going to be suppressed when you take the testosterone, but you weren't making enough to begin with. So if you come off of TRT and you run a PCT, what's the point? All you're going to do is have low levels again. Sure, the PCT might get you up past what your body can normally do on it's own but as soon as that's done you're back to low levels again.

One thing I never understand, people act like testosterone is some foreign substance even though you've been making it all your life. Were you having heart attacks due to the testosterone you naturally made? Sure, the argument is it's not the same since one was naturally made and one was introduced to the body but either way it's still the same identical molecule...put it under a microscope and man made or made by the body and you won't be able to tell the difference.
    zaggahamma and lovbyts like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information