Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Anastrozole and how it works

  1. #1
    geezuschrist's Avatar
    geezuschrist is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    343

    Anastrozole and how it works

    So from my understand anastrozole (arimidex ) works by blocking the aromatose enzyme, which converts your testosterone into estrogen. It doesn't directly lower already existing estrogen. So why would someone not just block all aromatization taking 1mg daily while on a higher dose trt or steroid cycle? If you block all testosterone from being converted into estrogen you should in turn have much higher testosterone levels and lowered estrogen levels. Now from what I know, might be wrong, estrogen doesn't come from just the aromitazation of testosterone. There are other places estrogen comes from. Just some thoughts I've had today.

  2. #2
    GearHeaded is offline Trying to make money by wrecking YOUR health
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Nevada AKA Marcus dungeon
    Posts
    2,206
    why would you want "high testosterone and super low estrogen" ?

    estrogen is an important and vital hormone used by the body for lots of things, like brain health/development and libido (just to name two). thats the whole reason your body has an aromatase enzyme and why it converts testosterone to estrogen in the first place .

    if you've ever taken too much arimidex and crashed your estrogen super low , you'll know how miserable life is with low estrogen (worst then low T , Imo) and how vital estrogen is for basic function

  3. #3
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    26,030
    It's blocking action will lower existing estrogen levels. It's how guys who allow their E2 to range to high lower it. It's not permanent or suicidal it's binding is temporary which is why it must be consistently dosed. Remember estrogen is not stuck in one place, it circulates in plasma.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  4. #4
    geezuschrist's Avatar
    geezuschrist is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    343
    I know estrogen isn't the enemy and you need the right amount for everything to work fine.. I guess what I'm asking is if your estrogen was in good range before starting trt and it raises, wouldn't you just want to block the test from converting to e2? If blocking all test from converting can you still maintain average estrogen levels?

  5. #5
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    26,030
    Yes you would, depending on how you feel and how elevated it actually is.
    No, you would crash your E2 and feel horrible.

    Remember your numbers while on TRT will not stay linear. Our bodies metabolism changes over the years as we age and pathways can alter as our body searches for homeostasis, causing us to have to titrate dosages. People get older, put on more BF%, thus more T to E conversion, add in other meds, etc.

    When I started TRT I did not need an AI, now I do and I damn sure didn't put on any fat.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  6. #6
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    8,882
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Yes you would, depending on how you feel and how elevated it actually is.
    No, you would crash your E2 and feel horrible.

    Remember your numbers while on TRT will not stay linear. Our bodies metabolism changes over the years as we age and pathways can alter as our body searches for homeostasis, causing us to have to titrate dosages. People get older, put on more BF%, thus more T to E conversion, add in other meds, etc.

    When I started TRT I did not need an AI, now I do and I damn sure didn't put on any fat.
    Whatever you say.... Saddlebags!

  7. #7
    Youthful55guy is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by geezuschrist View Post
    So from my understand anastrozole (arimidex) works by blocking the aromatose enzyme, which converts your testosterone into estrogen. It doesn't directly lower already existing estrogen. So why would someone not just block all aromatization taking 1mg daily while on a higher dose trt or steroid cycle? If you block all testosterone from being converted into estrogen you should in turn have much higher testosterone levels and lowered estrogen levels. Now from what I know, might be wrong, estrogen doesn't come from just the aromitazation of testosterone. There are other places estrogen comes from. Just some thoughts I've had today.
    Short answer is that you should always dose anastrozole based on E2 labs. It's a difficult hormone to get into balance and different people react differently to the drug. If your labs dictate 1 mg per day then so be it. For me, I find that 0.5 mg per week is about all I need.

  8. #8
    Richard Head is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Whatever you say.... Saddlebags!
    LOL

  9. #9
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    26,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Whatever you say.... Saddlebags!

    IF I had feelings they'd be hurt.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  10. #10
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    8,882
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    IF I had feelings they'd be hurt.
    You have feelings somewhere...
    I bet they are vascular and toned too.

  11. #11
    human project's Avatar
    human project is offline Knowledgeable Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,908
    Blog Entries
    2
    Ya what he said..... Holly shit cape u got hella ripped and tan since I saw u last... Well saw pics of u that is

  12. #12
    MuscleScience is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    11,956
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Whatever you say.... Saddlebags!


    Now that was funny AF!
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  13. #13
    MuscleScience is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    11,956
    Blog Entries
    6
    I took letro for years and completely crashed my E2 and thought it was due to High T levels. You got to have some E2 in you or you will have no feelings like KelKel or a small small penis like OBS...
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  14. #14
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    8,882
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I took letro for years and completely crashed my E2 and thought it was due to High T levels. You got to have some E2 in you or you will have no feelings like KelKel or a small small penis like OBS...
    Thats none of your damn business, but how do I make it bigger again?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •