Thread: Insulin timing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    aleco is offline Junior Member

Insulin timing

Hello Bro's
    I'm considering about using insulin in my PCT to mantain as much BM as possible, I'm also practicing JuJitsu and I go to the dojo after weights, when is the proper time to use insulin?
    I now is after WO, would it afect me if I train JuJitsu 1 or 2 hours after the insulin shot or is it better to use the insulin after JuJitsu practice?
    Thanks

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    You would usually have a dose PWO, but I wouldn't recomend that in your situation if you are going to go and practise JuJitsu after training. Insulin is best when taken immidietly PWO, and once you've had your dose, you shouldn't train again until the insulin is out of your system.

Yes it would effect you if you trained JuJitsu 1 - 2hrs after your insulin dose. If you are using a fast acting insulin then it would effect you the most around that time. If I was to take slin, I would take it afer weights only, and that would be the last time I would train anything for that day

-Gear

thanks bro

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, you def. dont want to use the slin before you do your martial arts. A couple of times I did my insulin injection PWO along with drinking my dextrose and then when I got home I mowed the lawn. I went hypo within about 20 mins or so both times! I got the tunnel vision, drunken feeling, extreme hunger, the shakes,etc. I had to sit down and eat a butt load and rest for about 45 minutes or more each time before I could continue mowing the lawn. I suppose in your case I would take the insulin after the martial arts, or not at all.

I'm always trying to be very smart when cycling and I don't want to take any extra risks, I guess i'll skip practice for the 4weeks i'll be usin slin

Thread Information