Gear:Natural Insulin spike

when we consume high sugar foods we spike our natural insulin level.So if we consume a high sugar food at the end of our workout, and wait a few minutes to consume our recovery shake to take advantage of our natural spike.This would be simulating taking insulin on a shorter more natural scale.Is my thinking correct?

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    thats a good question. i was researching that myself. i have seen that people take a sugar food with their shake instead of before? what is best? having it before would make sense to me, so that your insulin is already spiked to help shuttle the nutrients from the shake. or it could be that the initial spike is what does it, so you take them both at the same time? that way the spike happens and nutrients are right behind it shoving their way in?

My shake always has a high glycemic base(orange juice),but lately Ive been testing this theory and I seem to be recovery well.Im also running cjc-1295 so it could be to blame.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    cjc-1295... is a growth hormone stimulator or something right?? how long have you been using that? is it working?

plzr8 is offline Senior Member
    also curious about how the cjc-1295 is going for you jonny

i know you havent been on it too long, i've been trying to keep up with your updates on it....dont know many who have run it yet.....

check my thread below, "blood glucose on igf/cjc-1295 testing"
    I will keep updating throughout the cycle, but thats pretty much where Im at now.Still making small strength gains as stated in the thread.

plzr8 is offline Senior Member
    sounds good, ill keep my eye on it...good luck

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Taking dextrose before training (or throughout your training session) is quite a good idea because you can be sure your body won't be burning too many muscle cells throughout your workout session because it has the dextrose to use as energy. This is why many people carry a sugary drink with them while training.

Taking dextrose immidietly PWO is also a good idea to replinsh glycogen. When taking dextrose immidietly PWO it's nothing like when taking insulin +dextrose PWO. Dextrose on its own PWO is no where as powerfull as dex+insulin PWO. The hunger and the shuttling of nutrients is totally on a different level when insulin is in the pictire, but yes dex on its own PWO is a good idea, no question about it.

-Gear

^^^^^^^^^So my fast recover is most likely from the cjc-1295.As far dex goes Im anti corn and corn products,at least geneticly altered yellow corn
    (there is a reason its still in your poop!)lol!I have felt my recovery go down when using dex.So I use cane sugar or orange juice.This should change nothing when I add slin as long as the carb intake ratio is correct?

As long as you are consuming the right amounts of carbs (even if not using dex), you should have no problems.

-Gear

thanks Gear for help with my theory

reconforce4 is offline Associate Member
    interesting gear, does it have to carbs or dex before workout, or can someone drink a protein shake while working out and then as soon as workout is finished?

Quote Originally Posted by reconforce4 View Post
    interesting gear, does it have to carbs or dex before workout
    Same thing. Dextrose is a carbs, it's a type of carbohydrates.

Quote Originally Posted by reconforce4 View Post
    or can someone drink a protein shake while working out and then as soon as workout is finished?
    Your body needs energy when you're working out, and since carbohydrates get converted to energy easier than protein does, having carbs throughout your session would be a better than having protein, but you can certainly also consume proteins while traning.

-Gear

reconforce4 is offline Associate Member
    thanx gear good info to know

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    Same thing. Dextrose is a carbs, it's a type of carbohydrates.

Your body needs energy when you're working out, and since carbohydrates get converted to energy easier than protein does, having carbs throughout your session would be a better than having protein, but you can certainly also consume proteins while traning.

-Gear
    Gear your spot on, Protein only comprises a total of 4% of total energy production during strenuous exercise.

Thread Information