Flynman is offline Associate Member

Insulin without a prescription

I have read that you can get insulin without a prescription from places like CVS,Walgreens, Costco, Canadianpharmacy etc. Is this true? I am type 2 diabetic and take glyburide 2x daily but it is becoming less effective. My doctor is up in the air about prescribing insulin just yet. I have been training for 35+ years 5days a week. My diet is clean and I watch my carbs but my blood sugar levels are staying high throughout the day and my fasting blood sugar is high also. I don't think the doctor understands the bodybuilding aspect/nutrition that insulin can bring. I am in the beginning stages of researching how to do it safely. Thinking about Humolog. Can I get the insulin without a script in the dosages I would need for training? Say 3-5 iu's post workout with a 50gram protien shake/ 40 grams carb (i have been using glycoject) amino's and creatine? Then protien and complex carb meal 1 hr later? Close monitor of my sugar levels throughout the day.

Thank you,
    Keith R
    Last edited by Flynman; 12-06-2014 at 10:48 AM.

djs2224 is offline Junior Member
    You can only get humallin r without a script.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If you're already diabetic, supplementing with fast acting carbs (even when combined with exogenous slin) after a workout is the worst thing you can do for yourself.
    It is only going to raise your insulin resistance further.
    Keeping your feet should take precedence over a few extra pounds of muscle.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynman
    I have read that you can get insulin without a prescription from places like CVS,Walgreens, Costco, Canadianpharmacy etc. Is this true? I am type 2 diabetic and take glyburide 2x daily but it is becoming less effective. My doctor is up in the air about prescribing insulin just yet. I have been training for 35+ years 5days a week. My diet is clean and I watch my carbs but my blood sugar levels are staying high throughout the day and my fasting blood sugar is high also. I don't think the doctor understands the bodybuilding aspect/nutrition that insulin can bring. I am in the beginning stages of researching how to do it safely. Thinking about Humolog. Can I get the insulin without a script in the dosages I would need for training? Say 3-5 iu's post workout with a 50gram protien shake/ 40 grams carb (i have been using glycoject) amino's and creatine? Then protien and complex carb meal 1 hr later? Close monitor of my sugar levels throughout the day. Thank you, Keith R
    My doc just switched me to Victoza from metformin. Maybe talk to him about alternative meds.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Listen to what Bonaparte said.

diabeticknowledge is offline Associate Member
    unfortunately diabetics cant mess with their drugs like trt patients for good results

Thread Information