steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

Sports hernia ???

I have been suffering fom this sharp pain in my lower abdoman the actually shoots into my right testical..

it hurts when i walk and when i sit down, and when i make sudden movements, the pain is bareble but very annoying..

Is this a sports henia or something eles?

Steve0

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    strange that you say it hurts when you walk or sit down. a hernia usually hurts when you cough or strain....

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/1998/01jan/batt.htm

my recommendation is to do everything in your power to avoid surgery...wasnt fun

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    i had a similar pain in my right testicle in the fall...i got it checked out and it turned out to be nothing, the doctor found nothing out of the ordinary and the pain went away within about a week.
    i hope it goes the same way for you. going to the doc and getting checked is the only way to find out though..good luck

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i would go get checked out, it may not be a sports hernia, doesnt sound like it, but to be honest,i am not sure myself. go to your primary care physician

thanks bros im going to the doc today at 2:30, i'll reply back with futher info on this.

let us know what the diagnosis is

the doc, says it is not a hernia and most likely an old injury from sports or lifting, and i inflamed it doing something most likey, heavy squats or weighted knee up's for lower abb work, so he told me i can still train but to take it easy on my lower body and abb region, and to come back in a week if it is still bothering me, and he gave me some anti inflamatories.

didn't soundlike a sports hernia, be glad it wasnt , ice the area and take it easy for 3 wks, best of luck

Strange !!, the pain has subsided, mst have just been slightly inflamed, i'll tell you guys what though after haveing a pain in your nutts it will make you think twice about shit.

inflamation droped and now you feel better! be glad it wsn't anything worse, stil take it easy for the next 2 wksm dont rei-injure urself

Chookster is offline Associate Member
    nut pain is no joke. mine hurt so bad went to e.r. it was the fastest i've ever seen a doc at the hospital. i was seen before this dude with a broken arm. they did a sonogram on my sack thinking i may have had a cord twisted up. luckily i didnt. they sent me home with some pain med and a big bill. but better than losing one of the boys.

Broozer is offline New Member
    I realize this thread is over 2 years old but Im experiencing the same exact problem. At times the pain feels like its coming from lower right ab and than other times my right nut hurts but theres no swelling whatsoever. Im going to take some time off from the gym, hopefully it'll go away within the next week if not Im going to have to call the Dr.
    Last edited by Broozer; 09-11-2008 at 07:42 PM.

Iced696 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris View Post
    No man you don't got a hernia it would almost completely immobileize you and
    you most certainly would not have had it for 3 years. No I'm thinking you may have pulled
    a muscle or somehing of that nature and never gave it the proper opportunities
    to heal itself right and is now buging you. go ask a doctor just to be sure though.
    Good Luck!!!!!!!

Actually, I've had two of them and neither left me immobile. The surgery sucked some serious sack but on the first I actually continued to train up until about a week pre op. The second I had for a very long time prior to surgery. It was actually misdiagnosed twice by military docs before I had surgery and it took the least amount of time to heal of the two. I'm not saying anyone should keep training with one. In fact, just the opposite. But I was 24, young and dumb and full of.......

shamsuthbegum is offline New Member
    What is the procedure for the injury on sports?
    Whether we have to insure or the respected firm will take the procedure?
    Let me know.
    http://www.texashealthinsurancenow.com

Thread Information