Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member

kneecap discomfort

hey fellas/felletes (if thats a word)! my first time even looking at this part of the board. ive had my share of injuries over the years of training/wrestling, so have a grasp if things are likely serious or not.

2 weeks ago doing squats, started with 225 x 20, then 315 x 15, then 405 x 6, and the next set was 405 x 6 again. nothing new here, have been heavier than this before, but usually with less of a warm-up. throughout this squat routine i could feel my right knee beginning to ache alittle, but nothing to concern me. during my last mentioned set of squats, it got worse each rep, until like the 4th rep it got so bad i had to stop training and go home, very annoyed. i struggled to walk down stairs for 2 days. i took the next week off training legs, and this week, as it has imrpoved slightly, i did some very light sets of real slow squats at 135 x 20, underneath the kneecap still hurting, but again, bearable. its not really getting much better now, altho not as bad as it was. i really need to be squatting heavy again ASAP, any suggestions on what this injury could be? i dont believe it to be serious, but think it has good potential to become serious if i do not sort it now

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    probably just patellar tendonitis, easy fix is, wrap your knees when squating from now on. i guarantee the pain stops

Homeguard is offline Associate Member
    Tendonitis occurs around the kneecap joint and is most common of the patellar tendon, which is the large tendon located over the front of the knee. Chondromalacia Patella causes knee pain under the kneecap. This ailment is found in young patients in the 15-35 years old age group. This is caused by the softening of the cartilage, which covers the kneecap. Cartilage tears are seen in young and old patients alike, and are also an extremely common cause of knee pain. A dislocating kneecap causes acute symptoms like difficulty in walking during the dislocation, but can also lead to chronic kneecap pain. Bursitis is a kind of kneecap ailment, which affects the joint just above the kneecap. This is most common in people who kneel for work, such as gardeners or carpet layers.

The possible signs for kneecap pain are inability to walk comfortably on the affected side, injury that causes deformity around the joint, pain that occurs at night or while resting in the knee joint, pain that persists more than a few days, inability to bend the knee, swelling of the joint or the calf area and signs of an infection, including fever, redness and warmth.

Hope this hlps

Thread Information